FTW, Wii thinks the PS3 will Win.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pawe @ Oct 17 2006, 10:33 AM) [snapback]126010[/snapback][/center]
To Stav. You say that the Wii supporters make no new or valid arguments, yet below are several. The only way Bananaman ever responded to these are smilies and huge capital letters. I have even said, and I doubt anyone will argue that the PS3 has better graphical capabilities then the Wii, that is no question and if one does try arguing it they are unintelligent.

All we are trying to do, is argue with the (like Curse said) brainwashed Bananaman. I mean come on Stav...think about it. He (supposedly) read the entire article he quoted and thought the theme of it was "FTW, Wii thinks the PS3 will Win.". He atleast skimmed over it enough to bold the few good things about the PS3 it even did say. We aren't really arguing with you, because you have somewhat valid points that don't need arguing. (PS3 is a more powerfull game console, duh) We are simply arguing with bananaman when he says stuff like "LOL Wii will flop because PS3 will make more profit somehow even though they lose money on their console and Nintendo is making profit straight from launch :D :D :D"

*These are the valid arguments*
[/b]

No Pawe, remmeber only Wii supporters are spouting shit, PS3 supporters are doing nothing but making valid points.

/rolleyes

I'll address those points:
  1. The PS3 sold out as well, almost immediately.
  2. Hi, it's the laws of business. Even the 360 lost money on early sales. It's inevitable, unless you use technology that is older or out of dated, and don't offer anything new (AKA Wii). No company has ever entered the market with a brand new technology and reaped in profits right away. All new technology firms enter the market in the Introduction stage, NOT the Growth stage. The major focus here is pioneering and building primary demand. Price is EXPECTED to be either skimming or penetrating costs. It isn't until the Growth stage do profits actually come in.
  3. Sony has said that it is NOT a strict game console, but in fact a Media Center. That is what they're promoting it as, not as a strict gaming system.
  4. Settbacca's point:
    1. Nobody said you have to buy your DVD collection over again. It is like DVDs. When DVDs came out, people said the same thing, "why should i have to buy my entire VHS collection in DVD format?" The answer is, you don't. It's not like studios will stop DVD production. Just as the DVD was slowly integrated in society as the new mainstream, so will the Blu-Ray. In about 5-6 years it will be the default, and will be as cheap as present day DVDs.
    2. Blu-Rays provide HD quality, not DVD quality. For the same reason men want to watch sports in HD, people want to see movies in HD. Star Wars sure as hell looked great on my VHS back in 1991 when I got it, but Episode II in Digital Theatre looked so much better. It will contain HD Audio and HD Video, and allow for more features for collection fanatics. Interactivity is a whole other level, where the possibility of actually updating your movies directly onto the BR DVD, and inserting trailers for sequals, etc on them. For games, patches and updates can be dowloaded directly to the Disc.
    3. I do the same, not sure what the point is here.
  5. If you want to experience the full spectrum of quality from EITHER Blu Ray or HD-DVD, you need to get a TV with HDMI. That doesn't mean you have to get the new TV. You can still watch the movies, just in regular DVD quality (S-Video) and still take part in all the interactive features. You still get all the benefits of Blu-Ray, EXCEPT the HD quality without an HDTV. Nobody is FORCING you to buy a $2000 TV. If you already have one, great. If you don't, it's slowly becoming a mainstream commoditie, and by the time Blu-Ray or DH/DVD become the industry standars in about 5-6 years, you'll bea able to easily purchase an HD tv at the price of a regular TV nowadays.

Someone explain to me how anything that has been said in this thread has supported the thread title in any way? It has just turned into a pissing contest over personal preferences.
For the record, I have only ever bought 1 Sony console, which was the PS1 (when they came out with the smaller version of the original). I've never cared for Sony's controller design or setup, nor for their preoccupation with marketing yearly overpriced name-dropping sports games. The only thing I bought a PS1 for was the size and the FF series, which went to crap for me when they made it into an MMORPG. Besides, who wants to pay for an entirely new system to play BR or HD-DVD when you can just plug a BR drive into your computer? I've owned almost every console Nintendo has come out with barring the original NES because I was a young'n when it came out and my parents were strictly against the distraction video games posed to education (of course I have nearly every game on emulation these days). I am seriously considering buying a Wii to replace my GameCube for the controller (a huge selling point in my eyes) and because I am a huge fan of the entire Zelda series, Spyro (flame away) and SMB. In my eyes, superior technology holds no weight in a battle of consoles, whereas games and interface are everything. Simply put, my money will go to Nintendo if I buy a new gen console.

Side note: I'll still take an XBox 360 over either one of them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Oct 17 2006, 11:52 PM) [snapback]126226[/snapback][/center]
I'll address those points:
  1. The PS3 sold out as well, almost immediately.
  2. Hi, it's the laws of business. Even the 360 lost money on early sales. It's inevitable, unless you use technology that is older or out of dated, and don't offer anything new (AKA Wii). No company has ever entered the market with a brand new technology and reaped in profits right away. All new technology firms enter the market in the Introduction stage, NOT the Growth stage. The major focus here is pioneering and building primary demand. Price is EXPECTED to be either skimming or penetrating costs. It isn't until the Growth stage do profits actually come in.
  3. Sony has said that it is NOT a strict game console, but in fact a Media Center. That is what they're promoting it as, not as a strict gaming system.
  4. Settbacca's point:
    1. Nobody said you have to buy your DVD collection over again. It is like DVDs. When DVDs came out, people said the same thing, "why should i have to buy my entire VHS collection in DVD format?" The answer is, you don't. It's not like studios will stop DVD production. Just as the DVD was slowly integrated in society as the new mainstream, so will the Blu-Ray. In about 5-6 years it will be the default, and will be as cheap as present day DVDs.
    2. Blu-Rays provide HD quality, not DVD quality. For the same reason men want to watch sports in HD, people want to see movies in HD. Star Wars sure as hell looked great on my VHS back in 1991 when I got it, but Episode II in Digital Theatre looked so much better. It will contain HD Audio and HD Video, and allow for more features for collection fanatics. Interactivity is a whole other level, where the possibility of actually updating your movies directly onto the BR DVD, and inserting trailers for sequals, etc on them. For games, patches and updates can be dowloaded directly to the Disc.
    3. I do the same, not sure what the point is here.
  5. If you want to experience the full spectrum of quality from EITHER Blu Ray or HD-DVD, you need to get a TV with HDMI. That doesn't mean you have to get the new TV. You can still watch the movies, just in regular DVD quality (S-Video) and still take part in all the interactive features. You still get all the benefits of Blu-Ray, EXCEPT the HD quality without an HDTV. Nobody is FORCING you to buy a $2000 TV. If you already have one, great. If you don't, it's slowly becoming a mainstream commoditie, and by the time Blu-Ray or DH/DVD become the industry standars in about 5-6 years, you'll bea able to easily purchase an HD tv at the price of a regular TV nowadays.
[/b]

1. There are more Wii consoles available for launch. Whatever, I think anyone who expects the PS3 to be a complete sales flop (especially at launch, when the fanboys willing to go a week without food for one mob the stores) is out of their mind.

2. Nintendo has never sold a console at a loss. Selling at a loss is the "law" of Sony and Microsoft. Nothing wrong with that, but your statement on this is clearly wrong. While Nintendo is certainly behind the curve on raw processing power, your assertion that Nintendo is bringing nothing new to the table shows the bias of which you're accusing others here. In fact, their Nothing New Console sent Sony scrambling to create a patchwork gyro controller. Nothing wrong with that, Sony was right to respond, but let's not paint the SIXAXIS as anything other than what it is.

3. Yeah, the PS2 and Xbox were "media centers" as well. I have a media center.

4. Assuming Blu-ray wins, by the time it becomes the industry standard there will be players, of better quality than the PS3 (let's not kid ourselves), at lower prices points. If Blu-ray loses, and it's really a 50-50 proposition at best right now, then nobody will want a Blu-ray media center.

5. Really the same thing. Arguing that the PS3 is better than the Wii because you can use it as a cheap media center for the home theater you're going to build five years from now.

I'd like to note that the BIG reason that DVD's became so popular is that DVD's are cheap, and the players themselves are relatively inexpensive yet they don't lack in quality of movies.

No they didn't start out that way - and if Sony can push the cost down to where they can charge a heck of a lot less, it'll take off.

Somehow though, I see this as another Sony "exclusive" group. Like their computers: more expensive than it's really worth to shell out.

To Stav:

Yeah maybe i'm just seeing alot of emphasis being placed on BR when its not an established media source.

It may become that in the time frame you described....who knows?

IMO there were some core differences in the VHS to DVD phase our media culture went through. I don't think I have to go through these differences (they're pretty apparent at this stage of the game) and was "evolutionary" for the time. BR just as you described it looks and sounds better. Is this enough of an evolutionary jump in media that DVD had over VHS? The storage capacity is another thing BR has going for it, but again, is it enough of an evolutionary jump? I guess only time will tell.....you're probably right given the fact that in 5-6 yrs BR players will be as cheap as DVD players are now and BR media will be as cheap or cheaper than DVDs are now. In just this case I would rather the PS3 not include the BR player...something I might not utilize for another 5 yrs.

I don't doubt Sony's strategy on any of this tbh....I was always posting in these threads to refute the claims that the PS3 will bury the Wii so deep that it'll never see the light of day....which is something I strongly disagree with.

I have both pre ordered # 11 on line for the PS3 # 2 on line for the Wii.

What one will i sell on ebay the PS3 -- I see no games that catch my attention, No part of the PS3 Jumps out at me and says -- play me. I bought it to resell it.

The Wii -- I bought with 4 remotes, 4 numbchucks and 2 classic controllers -- why -- its a party system, I can have peaple over and they cnaa pick it up and get right into it -- I do not have gamer friends, I have friends that enjoy playing a game though. On top of that you will have access to most of nintendos library of games for direct download one day... yeah playstation may have that to by buying the disks, but nintendo -- man -- I can play mario 2 without digging out my old console, replay Link again I cant wait.

I believe Playstation 3 will not do as good as anticipated in a year. why -- the price, I also dont need blue ray, If i want a high def dvd player Ill buy that by itself.

I agree with this article -- Wii will be the overal leader in the console wars, Parents will buy it for thier kids (toys R us is putting it on the must buy list -- no other console has doen this). Word of mouth, and my own experience -- I waited to pre order both systems on line -- the wii one was mutch longer and peaple were keepign for themselves... the ps3 --- short, and at least 1/2 of them were sellign the system on ebay.

Assassin's Creed was the one game that made me want to get the PS3...but now it is comming out for the 360, so haha!!!!!!

Other than that, it just looks like there are run of the mill pretty looking games for the PS3. I'm sure it will be great for rich sports players who enjoy Madden and NBA 0X, but aside from that unless you have money to blow it seems pointless.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Valuthor @ Oct 18 2006, 08:05 AM) [snapback]126293[/snapback][/center]
I have both pre ordered # 11 on line for the PS3 # 2 on line for the Wii.
What one will i sell on ebay the PS3 -- I see no games that catch my attention, No part of the PS3 Jumps out at me and says -- play me. I bought it to resell it.

The Wii -- I bought with 4 remotes, 4 numbchucks and 2 classic controllers -- why -- its a party system, I can have peaple over and they cnaa pick it up and get right into it -- I do not have gamer friends, I have friends that enjoy playing a game though. On top of that you will have access to most of nintendos library of games for direct download one day... yeah playstation may have that to by buying the disks, but nintendo -- man -- I can play mario 2 without digging out my old console, replay Link again I cant wait.
I believe Playstation 3 will not do as good as anticipated in a year. why -- the price, I also dont need blue ray, If i want a high def dvd player Ill buy that by itself.

I agree with this article -- Wii will be the overal leader in the console wars, Parents will buy it for thier kids (toys R us is putting it on the must buy list -- no other console has doen this). Word of mouth, and my own experience -- I waited to pre order both systems on line -- the wii one was mutch longer and peaple were keepign for themselves... the ps3 --- short, and at least 1/2 of them were sellign the system on ebay.
[/b]
Which will fall in the hands of other players. Those bought systems wont go to the trash. :p People are willing to pay 2k, 3, 4k, bucks for a console that you say won't do so good? It also has exclusives of some of the most sold games. PS3 will sell, you want it or not.

About those past games from Nintendo, did you ever heard of ROMs?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 18 2006, 08:38 PM) [snapback]126479[/snapback][/center]
Which will fall in the hands of other players. Those bought systems wont go to the trash. :p People are willing to pay 2k, 3, 4k, bucks for a console that you say won't do so good? It also has exclusives of some of the most sold games. PS3 will sell, you want it or not.

About those past games from Nintendo, did you ever heard of ROMs?
[/b]

ROMs don't play on my beautiful TV sweetie.

Over excessivly hanging onto the past for the win!!!

20060915.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Oct 18 2006, 11:10 PM) [snapback]126527[/snapback][/center]
ROMs don't play on my beautiful TV sweetie.
[/b]

Sure they do. I have a PC hooked up to an arcade cabinet, which has a TV in it. Makes for great fun when friends are over.

Some TVs have DVI inputs and quite a few video cards have S-video OUT.

If you really don't wanna stick a PC in your media center though, there is always the GP2X

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sovi @ Oct 19 2006, 12:46 AM) [snapback]126549[/snapback][/center]
Sure they do. I have a PC hooked up to an arcade cabinet, which has a TV in it. Makes for great fun when friends are over.
Some TVs have DVI inputs and quite a few video cards have S-video OUT.

If you really don't wanna stick a PC in your media center though, there is always the GP2X
[/b]

but the wii remote turned 90 degrees turns it into a classic nes controller!

Pawe how the hell do you know? Do you work for Nintendo? Do you know the Finance Director of Nintendo, or Sony personally?

I thought not, :p .

Don't worry your little heads, everything will be ok in time. You may be blinded by fears of the past now, but soon you will see the 3. The 3 will unlock your fears, and take you away from your daily routine. The 3 will open your minds to an experience, which will eclipse everything that has gone before it.

The 3 is coming, Are you ready Play?

On the 11:17:06 the world will change forever.

Join the Next Generation of gaming before its too late. :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 20 2006, 08:47 AM) [snapback]126771[/snapback][/center]
Pawe how the hell do you know? Do you work for Nintendo? Do you know the Finance Director of Nintendo, or Sony personally?
[/b]
What is it that you claim that I claim to know yet do not know.

All I state are my opinions plus facts which anyone who does a little research can get (anyone who has an interest really). Ohh, I guess I also state that you are crazy for thinking that the Wii will be a flop, and for thinking that better graphics=better games.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pawe @ Oct 19 2006, 07:31 PM) [snapback]126779[/snapback][/center]
What is it that you claim that I claim to know yet do not know.

All I state are my opinions plus facts which anyone who does a little research can get (anyone who has an interest really). Ohh, I guess I also state that you are crazy for thinking that the Wii will be a flop, and for thinking that better graphics=better games.
[/b]
QFE

Bananaman stop being a friggen beanhead and accept the fact that the Wii will be a successful console whether SONY has stupid blue-ray technology or not. The gamecube didn't have a DvD player capability and it's still a kick ass console.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 20 2006, 08:47 AM) [snapback]126771[/snapback][/center]

I thought not, :p .

Don't worry your little heads, everything will be ok in time. You may be blinded by fears of the past now, but soon you will see the 3. The 3 will unlock your fears, and take you away from your daily routine. The 3 will open your minds to an experience, which will eclipse everything that has gone before it.

The 3 is coming, Are you ready Play?

On the 11:17:06 the world will change forever.

Join the Next Generation of gaming before its too late. :rolleyes:
[/b]

Yeesh.....did you copy this straight off an internal memo going around your offices? LOL :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 19 2006, 11:47 PM) [snapback]126771[/snapback][/center]
On the 11:17:06 the world will change forever.[/b]
your date is screwed up again

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Oct 20 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]126899[/snapback][/center]
The next generation of gaming? It's the same thing, just prettier graphics.
[/b]

Next Generation of gaming is in reference to increased content brought to us, and you by the Blue Ray Disc. EA and other publishers have praised the density of the Blue ray disc, as now they can provide even more revolutionary content for their customers. It?s not all about graphics, it?s about advancements in AI, and Physics technologies provided by the power of the cell processor. The Playstation 3 will revolutionise gaming for the next few years, especially with an online service supported by Xfire and others.

Weep what you will, but your argument that the Playstation 3 is all about the graphics is flawed.

Oh, and if your going to try to deconstruct my post by pointing out grammar and spelling errors, I don't give a flying shit. After coming home from a day of report writing I don't need some dumb whitted person telling me how the Playstation 3 is all about graphics, when I helped brand it.

Back