FTW, Wii thinks the PS3 will Win.

BananaMan

The news, as reported by Reuters, that US retail chain Gamestop has already pre-sold its quota of PlayStation 3 consoles throughout its 3600 stores comes as no surprise. We can expect the same thing to happen tomorrow with the Nintendo Wii console. However, Sony will be fighting its battle on two fronts.

As numerous commentators (and Nintendo fanboys) have pointed out, PS3 will find itself up against a pretty tough competitor in Nintendo Wii when it hits the market this year.

The Wii has not only has been getting tons of favourable reviews for its new single-handed motion sensitive console gaming experience, but also has an enormous price advantage over PS3. To make things worse for PS3, the Wii will have about twice as many consoles (4 million versus 2 million) in stores by the end of December.

However, the PS3 has the added dimension of also being a Blu-ray player and the market dynamics are somewhat different on this front. Whereas the PS3 will be the most expensive games console on the market, it will be the cheapest Blu-ray player.

For Sony, a lot hinges on the success of PS3. Gamers concede that it will be the most powerful console in terms of raw power and graphics capabilities. However, many say that they're not looking for more realism but a new type of gaming experience, which PS3 does not really provide, unlike Wii.

Thus, the clear differentiator for PS3 will be the non-gaming feature of having a cheap integrated Blu-ray player. Whether that will be enough to lure PS2 and other gamers, as well as non gamers to part with their cash in the same numbers they did with PS1 and PS2 remains to be seen.

Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 15 2006, 03:40 PM) [snapback]125685[/snapback][/center]
However, many say that they're not looking for more realism but a new type of gaming experience, which PS3 does not really provide, unlike Wii.
Source [/b]

I hope Blue-Ray flops. Then Sony'll be fucked.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noahTHEpurdy @ Oct 15 2006, 08:47 PM) [snapback]125686[/snapback][/center]
I hope Blue-Ray flops. Then Sony'll be fucked.
[/b]

Nar HD TV's are doing well, and with owning half of Hollywood who cares.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 16 2006, 05:40 AM) [snapback]125685[/snapback][/center]
For Sony, a lot hinges on the success of PS3. Gamers concede that it will be the most powerful console in terms of raw power and graphics capabilities. However, many say that they're not looking for more realism but a new type of gaming experience, which PS3 does not really provide, unlike Wii.
Source
[/b]
I guess one reads what they want. I however see nothing saying the PS3 will "win". Quite the contrary, the only paragraph I quoted seems geared towards lots of people like the Wii more.

And PS. The Wii pre-orders sold out within 30 mins of being available, and there were near quadruple reservations taken.

Sony will make more moeny that Nintendo with them selling 4 million by the New year, and Sony selling over 2 million.

Wii can sell 60% more, but still make less profit.

Logerity is key, and the Wii doesn't even have a inch, it wont even last a year let alone 2.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 15 2006, 04:48 PM) [snapback]125692[/snapback][/center]
Sony will make more moeny that Nintendo with them selling 4 million by the New year, and Sony selling over 2 million.

Logerity is key, and the Wii doesn't even have a inch, it wont even last a year let alone 2.
[/b]
Your a retard if you think the Wii is going to flop :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 16 2006, 06:48 AM) [snapback]125692[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
Wait....Isnt sony losing money now, while wii is making profit?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pawe @ Oct 15 2006, 09:56 PM) [snapback]125696[/snapback][/center]
Wait....Isnt sony losing money now, while wii is making profit?
[/b]

BULLSHIT

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then why was sony bitching awhile back about the ps3 being too cheap and losing money over it. Or was that another lie.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 15 2006, 04:07 PM) [snapback]125699[/snapback][/center]
BULLSHIT

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b]

Dude, Wii is the first major console to make a profit off of the system directly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tirrem @ Oct 15 2006, 10:18 PM) [snapback]125702[/snapback][/center]
Then why was sony bitching awhile back about the ps3 being too cheap and losing money over it. Or was that another lie.
[/b]

Suck in are you, don't trust everything you read.

Mindgames FTW!

I would rather get a Wii not because of price but because nintendo has been known for having a better set of games, or at least games that I like.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tirrem @ Oct 15 2006, 04:27 PM) [snapback]125706[/snapback][/center]
I would rather get a Wii not because of price but because nintendo has been known for having a better set of games, or at least games that I like.
[/b]

Woo, smartest person around....they doesn't care about the systems themselves but the games on them. Gotta buy the console that has your favorite titles!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whewa @ Oct 15 2006, 05:49 PM) [snapback]125709[/snapback][/center]
Woo, smartest person around....they doesn't care about the systems themselves but the games on them. Gotta buy the console that has your favorite titles!
[/b]
thats why you buy all the systems this way you get the best of all of em, who cares what is better..just buy them all

Sorry but I would rather spend $600(or what ever price it is) on my computer then on a console. Either that or donate it to a ps3,or xbox360 emulator team.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 15 2006, 04:48 PM) [snapback]125692[/snapback][/center]

[/b]

So, is this you saying that Wii will outsell PS3 by Janurary, despite the bold predicition you made earlier?

people will who believe that the sky is green will still be in denial even after you give hard evidence AND a testimonial from God saying that it is blue

Yeah so I heard that I will be playing the new zelda using a controller to swing my sword and another for my shield. Wii>PS3

Boo sony you only support them because you work for them you english nooby!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stomis @ Oct 16 2006, 04:20 AM) [snapback]125736[/snapback][/center]
Boo sony you only support them because you work for them you english nooby!
[/b]

Meh!, Maybe its because I can see within, and you cannot. How do you know the Wii is so uber, do you work at Nintendo, or were you the orignal Mario model.

Back