FTW, Wii thinks the PS3 will Win.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 15 2006, 03:40 PM) [snapback]125685[/snapback][/center]
The news, as reported by Reuters, that US retail chain Gamestop has already pre-sold its quota of PlayStation 3 consoles throughout its 3600 stores comes as no surprise. We can expect the same thing to happen tomorrow with the Nintendo Wii console. However, Sony will be fighting its battle on two fronts.

As numerous commentators (and Nintendo fanboys) have pointed out, PS3 will find itself up against a pretty tough competitor in Nintendo Wii when it hits the market this year.

The Wii has not only has been getting tons of favourable reviews for its new single-handed motion sensitive console gaming experience, but also has an enormous price advantage over PS3. To make things worse for PS3, the Wii will have about twice as many consoles (4 million versus 2 million) in stores by the end of December.

However, the PS3 has the added dimension of also being a Blu-ray player and the market dynamics are somewhat different on this front. Whereas the PS3 will be the most expensive games console on the market, it will be the cheapest Blu-ray player.

For Sony, a lot hinges on the success of PS3. Gamers concede that it will be the most powerful console in terms of raw power and graphics capabilities. However, many say that they're not looking for more realism but a new type of gaming experience, which PS3 does not really provide, unlike Wii.

Thus, the clear differentiator for PS3 will be the non-gaming feature of having a cheap integrated Blu-ray player. Whether that will be enough to lure PS2 and other gamers, as well as non gamers to part with their cash in the same numbers they did with PS1 and PS2 remains to be seen.

Source
[/b]
I don't want a Betamax DVD player.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Oct 16 2006, 02:16 PM) [snapback]125778[/snapback][/center]
Blue Ray is the 21st centuries betamax
[/b]

No chance :lol: , Why buy a $1000 HD-DVD or Blue Ray player, when you get a PS3 system that plays some of the best games on the market, and also offers you the chance to watch all your favourite movies in HD via HDMI, which the XBOX 360 HD DVD does nto have support for.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 16 2006, 11:45 PM) [snapback]125782[/snapback][/center]
No chance :lol: , Why buy a $1000 HD-DVD or Blue Ray player, when you get a PS3 system that plays some of the best looking games on the market, and also offers you the chance to watch all your favourite movies in HD via HDMI, which the XBOX 360 HD DVD does nto have support for.
[/b]
Fixed.

As the article you quoted said. Yes, everyone agrees that the PS3 is powerful, however No, people do not just want nicer graphics. Read the non bolded parts in that article and you will see that you picked and chose the only few parts that even said anything half descent about the article.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 16 2006, 09:45 AM) [snapback]125782[/snapback][/center]
No chance :lol: , Why buy a $1000 HD-DVD or Blue Ray player, when you get a PS3 system that plays some of the best games on the market, and also offers you the chance to watch all your favourite movies in HD via HDMI, which the XBOX 360 HD DVD does nto have support for.
[/b]
Sony doesn't seem to know if they want the PS3 to be a game console that promotes Blu-ray, or a Blu-ray player that promotes a game console. Still other parts of Sony get all huffy if you call their new game console a game console. They may well stumble into success, however unlikely that is, but let's not pretend there's a grand plan.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 16 2006, 09:45 AM) [snapback]125782[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

BTW, marketing genius. HD-DVD players are down around $500 now. Good luck with Blue-ray though.

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/dvd/product.asp?model=hd-a1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 16 2006, 10:51 AM) [snapback]125810[/snapback][/center]
The dust will settle at the begining of next fiscal year, i.e next April. Then we will now who is winning the race both in the console Market, but in the New DVD Market.
[/b]

Yes but HD-DVD players are now cheaper than the PS3, so that whole arguement about the PS3 being such a great deal (which is what your post was boasting about) is already null and void.

Not only does it play games and Blu Ray DVD's...

kenkutaragiisproudofplaystation3vh2.jpg

IT ALSO GRILLZ!!!111!!!!1!

Nintendo is rolling cash with DS sales...which will continue to float the boat until the end of time. When all of a sudden Nintendo looks as if it's sales might slip, the N-Boys will drop the DS II Lite, which will play DL'd movies from the Wii, MP3's and retro games from the Wii online library (totally theoretcial, but you see my pt).......so I don't EVER see Nintendo being concerned that the Wii ain't selling up to potential...despite the fact that it will sell very well....into and out of the Xmas season.

Oh and Blue Ray? I've been doing my own little "ask the casuals, ask the hard cores" about Blue Ray and what it means to people. These are the things I get in response:

1) I'll have to buy my entire DVD collection over again on BR?? WHAT?? You're kidding right? Right? LOL and they cost about $10 more? LMAO

2) So what does blue ray do for me? The movies look better?? Thats it?? They look fine to my on DVD!! The only thing that benefits from HD is sporting events where I can see the zits on some BBall dood's face!

3) Blue Ray? DVD? I haven't bought DVD's in months, and won't buy BR's either...i've been digitally DL'ing movies lately. I don't think i'll go back to buying DVDs either......

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 16 2006, 08:21 AM) [snapback]125772[/snapback][/center]
Meh!, Maybe its because I can see within, and you cannot. How do you know the Wii is so uber, do you work at Nintendo, or were you the orignal Mario model.
[/b]
Well maybe I can see within and you cannot you fucking weirdo rofl

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Settbacca @ Oct 16 2006, 07:38 PM) [snapback]125847[/snapback][/center]
1) I'll have to buy my entire DVD collection over again on BR?? WHAT?? You're kidding right? Right? LOL and they cost about $10 more? LMAO[/b]
i think this is the main reason that will mean that the new formats wont last very long.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Settbacca @ Oct 16 2006, 02:38 PM) [snapback]125847[/snapback][/center]
Nintendo is rolling cash with DS sales...which will continue to float the boat until the end of time. When all of a sudden Nintendo looks as if it's sales might slip, the N-Boys will drop the DS II Lite, which will play DL'd movies from the Wii, MP3's and retro games from the Wii online library (totally theoretcial, but you see my pt).......so I don't EVER see Nintendo being concerned that the Wii ain't selling up to potential...despite the fact that it will sell very well....into and out of the Xmas season.

Oh and Blue Ray? I've been doing my own little "ask the casuals, ask the hard cores" about Blue Ray and what it means to people. These are the things I get in response:

1) I'll have to buy my entire DVD collection over again on BR?? WHAT?? You're kidding right? Right? LOL and they cost about $10 more? LMAO

2) So what does blue ray do for me? The movies look better?? Thats it?? They look fine to my on DVD!! The only thing that benefits from HD is sporting events where I can see the zits on some BBall dood's face!

3) Blue Ray? DVD? I haven't bought DVD's in months, and won't buy BR's either...i've been digitally DL'ing movies lately. I don't think i'll go back to buying DVDs either......
[/b]

Ummmm, you forget:

4) Wait, you mean that I have to buy a $2000 or more TV to even get any benefits at all from Blue-Ray as compared to DVD?!?!?!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Oct 16 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]125855[/snapback][/center]
i think this is the main reason that will mean that the new formats wont last very long.....
[/b]

Don't forget about what Apple is doing!

LOL you're right...i've just been assuming that people are already HDTV compliant, which alot of people clearly are not!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Oct 16 2006, 01:52 PM) [snapback]125856[/snapback][/center]
Bananamans a fuckin brainwashed by Sony... seriously.... [/b]
I guess i've been brainwashed by Sony too, even though i have 0 ties with Sony...cause i've been advocating the PS3 for over a year now. You guys need to seriously develop new arguments. Every time something comes along that sets the PS3 above the Wii, you guys spew out more shit than Jabba's asshole. If i sat down and went through every PS3 post or thread in this forum for over the past year, I can easily point out a trend where whenever I or someone else points out a significant plus for the PS3 as a rebuttal to an accusation, an entirely NEW accusation arises.

Back