FTW, Wii thinks the PS3 will Win.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 25 2006, 09:22 AM) [snapback]128160[/snapback][/center]
Still, who cares? If Xbox or Wii had the games, I would buy those consoles. :p
[/b]
SUPER MARIO STRIKERS 2!!!!!!!!!!!

Most fucking awesome game comming out soon, period.

Wii is going to be fun alone, and fucking great at parties.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pawe @ Oct 24 2006, 04:49 PM) [snapback]128165[/snapback][/center]
SUPER MARIO STRIKERS 2!!!!!!!!!!!

Most fucking awesome game comming out soon, period.

Wii is going to be fun alone, and fucking great at parties.
[/b]
Yeah, yeah, whatEVER you say. ;)

MGS4

That's what it's all about; individual taste. Some people think the PS3 game library is better, while some people (like me) think the Wii offers the better selection (Zelda and Smash Brothers FTW! :lol: ). So I guess it's a good thing that people have a choice.

Although in a perfect world; MGS4 and FFXIII would both be on the Wiiii! :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Oct 24 2006, 06:01 PM) [snapback]128184[/snapback][/center]
That's what it's all about; individual taste. Some people think the PS3 game library is better, while some people (like me) think the Wii offers the better selection (Zelda and Smash Brothers FTW! :lol: ). So I guess it's a good thing that people have a choice.

[/b]
That wouldn't be a perfect world Mr. Walgreens.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Oct 24 2006, 09:01 PM) [snapback]128184[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
They had MGS twin snakes on the GC I'm predicting in the future they will port the other MGS to Wii as well. The whole FF series can go to hell.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 25 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]128298[/snapback][/center]
That wouldn't be a perfect world Mr. Walgreens.
[/b]

So, Artica, are the rumors true about FFXII? Did they really remove all forms of "player run" combat from this new combat system?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Oct 25 2006, 10:05 AM) [snapback]128302[/snapback][/center]
So, Artica, are the rumors true about FFXII? Did they really remove all forms of "player run" combat from this new combat system?
[/b]
What do you mean 'Player run' Combat?

Combat System is like most MMOs now you see the Mobs running around and you go and get them, avoid them, or whatever. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 25 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]128305[/snapback][/center]
What do you mean 'Player run' Combat?

Combat System is like most MMOs now you see the Mobs running around and you go and get them, avoid them, or whatever. :p
[/b]

Nah, I thought it was like you "program" the toon to do a certain series of actions in a battle then you just let them loose and have almost no control in a fight, they just do what you programmed them to do before the fight.

Let me see if I can find an example...

20060908.jpg

Also, see this article:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3153387&did=1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Oct 25 2006, 10:20 AM) [snapback]128311[/snapback][/center]
Nah, I thought it was like you "program" the toon to do a certain series of actions in a battle then you just let them loose and have almost no control in a fight, they just do what you programmed them to do before the fight.

Let me see if I can find an example...
Also, see this article:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3153387&did=1
[/b]
Yeah you can program your party to do certain actions, while you control one of the party members. Many other games have this feature. In a MMO is no problem because there is a person behind each party member. But in a Single player game in a Real time battle situation, is like if you applied macros.
.Hack games have it (Limited)
Secret of Mana series has it (Limited)
KOTOR has it (the scripts, and you can do your own)
Most games with real time combat have AIs to control party or allied members in a certain way you like.

It cannot play itself, if you apply Scripts or AIs to every party member the chances of winning an encounter at the beginning of the game are 90-10, by the end of the game are 60-40. Which is bad. There are things AIs can't do which humans can. ;)

I played the Japanese version, I know. There is no way to play if you apply scripts to every one. Is easier to apply support scripts to party members while you control one of 'em. :p

*Edited the picture in Quote out. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 25 2006, 01:42 PM) [snapback]128316[/snapback][/center]
Yeah you can program your party to do certain actions, while you control one of the party members. Many other games have this feature. In a MMO is no problem because there is a person behind each party member. But in a Single player game in a Real time battle situation, is like if you applied macros.
.Hack games have it (Limited)
Secret of Mana series has it (Limited)
KOTOR has it (the scripts, and you can do your own)
Most games with real time combat have AIs to control party or allied members in a certain way you like.

It cannot play itself, if you apply Scripts or AIs to every party member the chances of winning an encounter at the beginning of the game are 90-10, by the end of the game are 60-40. Which is bad. There are things AIs can't do which humans can. ;)

I played the Japanese version, I know. There is no way to play if you apply scripts to every one. Is easier to apply support scripts to party members while you control one of 'em. :p

*Edited the picture in Quote out. :p
[/b]

Okay, I certainly hope not, cause man, making tough party decisions in the heat of the battle is part of what made the combat systems in FF games so much fun.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Oct 25 2006, 02:06 PM) [snapback]128424[/snapback][/center]
Okay, I certainly hope not, cause man, making tough party decisions in the heat of the battle is part of what made the combat systems in FF games so much fun.
[/b]
You can still give them direct orders and cancel whatever they are doing, but while you learn I suggest you put fighters in agressive, and healers healing.

It's quite hard, if you don't beat a mob and run away. Some mobs will learn from you. If you engage, go for the kill. If they escape and you rebattle them, it will be much harder to beat them and/or escape. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 25 2006, 05:20 PM) [snapback]128434[/snapback][/center]
You can still give them direct orders and cancel whatever they are doing, but while you learn I suggest you put fighters in agressive, and healers healing.
[/b]

Are you sure? I always like having the white magic chick run up to the giant scary boss type monster and *whap* it on the toe with a stick of wood. High comedy.
:lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Oct 25 2006, 02:21 PM) [snapback]128435[/snapback][/center]
Are you sure? I always like having the white magic chick run up to the giant scary boss type monster and *whap* it on the toe with a stick of wood. High comedy.
:lol:
[/b]
Unless your priest is like my chick priest in FFT, which has the First skill of White Magic, Second Skill is Punch Art, Counter attack skill is Hamedo, General skill is Martial arts, and Movement skill is Move +3. :p Her Cure 4 heals over 900, and her staff hits for a little over 300. Taking into consideration that the game's cap is 999.

For those of ya that don't know FFT rules and abilities....

White Magic (Priest main ability) contains Healing spells (Cure 1-4 and Regen), Abnormal status cure (Esuna), Revive spells (Raise 1-2), Damage spells (Holy), Support spells (Protect 1-2, Shell 1-2, Wall).

Punch Art (Monk main ability) contains Damage Arts (Spin Fist, Repeated Fist, Wave Fist, Earth Slash, Secret Fist), Abnormal status cure (Stigma), Healing Art (Chakra), and Revive.

Monks can learn three types of counter attacks, 2 of them triggered by physical damage (Counter, which basically returns the an unblockable attack on the opponent and Hamedo, which basically attacks before opponent and cancels opponent's attack on you). And HP Restore, which is triggered when your health is in critical condition.

Martial Arts is a skill that can be set to any non-Monk so that it's physical damage euals that of a Monk. So if a Monk does 100 dmg with a fist. A Priest with this ability on the general setting can do 100 (+ the dmg of the staff).

And finally Move +3, you basically can move 3 squares farther. :p

Phew... long explanations :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 25 2006, 03:37 PM) [snapback]128442[/snapback][/center]
Unless your priest is like my chick priest in FFT, which has the First skill of White Magic, Second Skill is Punch Art, Counter attack skill is Hamedo, General skill is Martial arts, and Movement skill is Move +3. :p Her Cure 4 heals over 900, and her staff hits for a little over 300. Taking into consideration that the game's cap is 999.

White Magic (Priest main ability) contains Healing spells (Cure 1-4 and Regen), Abnormal status cure (Esuna), Revive spells (Raise 1-2), Damage spells (Holy), Support spells (Protect 1-2, Shell 1-2, Wall).

Punch Art (Monk main ability) contains Damage Arts (Spin Fist, Repeated Fist, Wave Fist, Earth Slash, Secret Fist), Abnormal status cure (Stigma), Healing Art (Chakra), and Revive.

Monks can learn three types of counter attacks, 2 of them triggered by physical damage (Counter, which basically returns the an unblockable attack on the opponent and Hamedo, which basically attacks before opponent and cancels opponent's attack on you). And HP Restore, which is triggered when your health is in critical condition.

Martial Arts is a skill that can be set to any non-Monk so that it's physical damage euals that of a Monk. So if a Monk does 100 dmg with a fist. A Priest with this ability on the general setting can do 100 (+ the dmg of the staff).

[/b]

TLDR

;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 25 2006, 05:37 PM) [snapback]128442[/snapback][/center]

[/b]

I loved FFT

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Oct 25 2006, 02:47 PM) [snapback]128452[/snapback][/center]
I loved FFT
[/b]
I'm playing it recently.

***SPOILERS***

I made only two toons. Ramza (Main character) and a Female other (which I called Saya). I went with two until I got Agrias, Mustadio and a Chocobo. :p

Ramza and Saya have everything mastered and lvl 32 and 31 respectively. With the exception of Summoner, which can be mastered near the end of the game. :p

Agrias has Holy Knight, Knight, Monk, Thief and Dancer mastered.

Mustadio has Engineer, Chemist, Mediator, Thief, and Monk mastered.

Red Chocobo has Choco Attack, Choco Ball, Choco Meteor. And it has learned Choco Cure, and Choco Esuna. (Deadly birdy)

I'm on my way to Riovanes Castle, I will surely meet Rafa in next map. Will have to train her, if not Elmdor will most likely kill her in one blow when we get to Riovanes. Like it happened last time. :( Since it's a multi map point I saved just before getting on the roof. Elmdor is the fastest, so he moves first and killed Rafa in one attack. I was so pissed, I couldn't do anything. :(

Back