Anime!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sovi @ Oct 4 2006, 04:17 PM) [snapback]123432[/snapback][/center]
It was also the second biggest box office flop ever. Cost em over $120 million in losses and bankrupted Square Pictures.
[/b]
I liked Advent Children better. :wub: Cloud

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 4 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback]123433[/snapback][/center]
I liked Advent Children better. :wub: Cloud
[/b]

Screw cloud, his sword rawked:p I have it in oblivion to. ^_^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ColdIce @ Oct 4 2006, 04:30 PM) [snapback]123435[/snapback][/center]
Screw cloud, his sword rawked:p I have it in oblivion to. ^_^
[/b]
The 7-in-1 sword? *giggle*
Some say is the famou Materia Blade, other say is the Ultimate Weapon (from the weapon)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alison/Maryna @ Oct 4 2006, 04:09 PM) [snapback]123429[/snapback][/center]
i havent watched too much, my husband tries to drag me into it but i just cant get into things like Akira and yes i know i will get blasted for that as it is supposed to be the quintessential anime but still....didnt make any sense to me and too much nonsense for my taste
maybe i am a typical anime girl i dunno but i really like Please Teacher as i laughed my arse off most of the episodes
i liked bubblegum crisis 2020.....Noir.....witchhunter robin....the vampire D's....
*tries to think of the others*
hellsing
raxephon was eh ok
when my brain works better i will see what else is on our shelves...i know we have a lot of robotech but i didnt like those

i really liked the animation work on FF: Spirits within as i love to try to see how real they can make the chars look
i watched it recently though and could tell more of the flaws...i got a couple of books from the following site that show cgi artwork...really nice work
http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/
[/b]
Hellsing is wicked, I love Arucard and Seras :wub:
Rah Xephon I consider it as one of the best.
Witch Hunter Robin is another good one. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ColdIce @ Oct 4 2006, 04:43 PM) [snapback]123437[/snapback][/center]
I want a Where's Waldo anime.
[/b]
Waldo is not originated from Japan. :p

Again I restate that CASE CLOSED WAS THE BEST SHOW IN THE WORLD! Cartoon Network stole it! Does Conan ever reveal who he really is?!

probably one of my favorite animes is "Last Exile" it's awesome lol
I've seen way to many animes to list:/

also along with the drama/romance genre, I saw one this summer calle Ashiteruze baby "love you baby" in my honest opionn it's very good

also somebody asked about samurai anime, I just finished watching peace maker kurogane, not super super bloody or anything but I liked it, I'm watching now Samurai Deeper Kyo, I've seen 10 episodes and, well to be honest it's hard for me not to like an anime, it seems pretty good though^^ I'm a little worried it will be repetitive even though it's only 26 episodes, but we'll see

also anyone notice that some of the best series are really short like 11-13 episodes:/
oh and if your into the intellectual ones, the ones that make you think alot and stuff, habane renmei is a good one...though short:/
Almost forgot about Key the metal idol, it's an onlder one but very good...hmm those are the only ones that I can think of atm

Advent Children
Ghost in the Shell (all)
Trigun
Rurouni Kenshin (Mainly Samurai X)
REIGN

That's my list - top 5 favorites in order.

I have to say some of my favorites are the original bubblegum crisis, kamui no ken, original record of lodoss war, gunbuster... umm... I didn't ever think I would like gundam, but I really liked gundam 0083 and 08th MS team. They had a neat kind of realism thrown in(as much as you can with gundam I guess) but wing seemed a little over the top.

Epise, if you liked fist of the north star, check out MD Geist. More post apocalyptic violence. I didn't really like FotNS, but they're both kinda in that same category.

I started to watch jin roh but I turned it off after 20min or so, it was just depressing as hell. Maybe I was in the wrong mood for it ^_^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vaash @ Oct 4 2006, 07:00 PM) [snapback]123463[/snapback][/center]
probably one of my favorite animes is "Last Exile" it's awesome lol
I've seen way to many animes to list:/

also along with the drama/romance genre, I saw one this summer calle Ashiteruze baby "love you baby" in my honest opionn it's very good
also somebody asked about samurai anime, I just finished watching peace maker kurogane, not super super bloody or anything but I liked it, I'm watching now Samurai Deeper Kyo, I've seen 10 episodes and, well to be honest it's hard for me not to like an anime, it seems pretty good though^^ I'm a little worried it will be repetitive even though it's only 26 episodes, but we'll see
also anyone notice that some of the best series are really short like 11-13 episodes:/
oh and if your into the intellectual ones, the ones that make you think alot and stuff, habane renmei is a good one...though short:/
Almost forgot about Key the metal idol, it's an onlder one but very good...hmm those are the only ones that I can think of atm
[/b]
TRIGUN, yer name says it all, how could you not think of that one? Huh? *giggle*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tavasha @ Oct 5 2006, 09:10 AM) [snapback]123537[/snapback][/center]
I have to say some of my favorites are the original bubblegum crisis, kamui no ken, original record of lodoss war, gunbuster... umm... I didn't ever think I would like gundam, but I really liked gundam 0083 and 08th MS team. They had a neat kind of realism thrown in(as much as you can with gundam I guess) but wing seemed a little over the top.

Epise, if you liked fist of the north star, check out MD Geist. More post apocalyptic violence. I didn't really like FotNS, but they're both kinda in that same category.

I started to watch jin roh but I turned it off after 20min or so, it was just depressing as hell. Maybe I was in the wrong mood for it ^_^
[/b]
Watch it all, it is depressing a bit. But is quite GOOD :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MoobKrad @ Oct 3 2006, 01:10 PM) [snapback]122907[/snapback][/center]
No forum, but at least a thread. No flaming please. If it doesn't interest you please don't stop by.

I recently watch an anime called Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, a friend told me it means I Desire You Forever.
[/b]
According to animeyume.org it's "The Eternity You Wish for" and at animenewsnetwork they say "The Eternity You Desire". So I would say your friend is damned near right, I'm also not sure, but if these are literal translations which they probably are, then well you know. So now my question is...did he take japanese or is he japanese or did he just look it up:p, to me his sounds like what the title would be after reading the description and everything.

animenewsnetwork.com also said this...
Masterpiece: 329 votes
Excellent: 201 vote
Very good: 155 votes
Good: 100 votes
Decent: 48 votes
So-so: 16 votes
Not really good: 21 votes
Weak: 19 votes
Bad: 12 votes
Awful: 4 votes
Worst ever: 14 votes

Seen in part or in whole by 1388 users, rank: #122
Median rating: Excellent
Arithmetic mean: 8.2303 (Very good+.23), std. dev.: 2.149, rank: #220
Weighted mean: 8.1001 (Very good+.10), rank: #224
Bayesian estimate: 8.0885 (Very good+.08), rank: #119

so yea, I should have it pretty soon ^^

And to Arctica: I just think it's a sin if you DON'T know about it...so i didn't bother typing it out lol, I could never forget it lol, have a vash plushy and one of the model/action figure or w/e you want to call it of him, and an awesome wall scroll above my T.V. :p

yea...I havn't finished Jin roh yet, got it a while ago...but I think it should be watched in the dark, and I usually wait till I'm like falling asleep already and end up not making it through, watched the first half about 5 or 6 times now lol...I did the same thing with Escaflowne though as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vaash @ Oct 5 2006, 08:11 PM) [snapback]123707[/snapback][/center]
According to animeyume.org it's "The Eternity You Wish for" and at animenewsnetwork they say "The Eternity You Desire". So I would say your friend is damned near right, I'm also not sure, but if these are literal translations which they probably are, then well you know. So now my question is...did he take japanese or is he japanese or did he just look it up:p, to me his sounds like what the title would be after reading the description and everything.
animenewsnetwork.com also said this...
Masterpiece: 329 votes
Excellent: 201 vote
Very good: 155 votes
Good: 100 votes
Decent: 48 votes
So-so: 16 votes
Not really good: 21 votes
Weak: 19 votes
Bad: 12 votes
Awful: 4 votes
Worst ever: 14 votes

Seen in part or in whole by 1388 users, rank: #122
Median rating: Excellent
Arithmetic mean: 8.2303 (Very good+.23), std. dev.: 2.149, rank: #220
Weighted mean: 8.1001 (Very good+.10), rank: #224
Bayesian estimate: 8.0885 (Very good+.08), rank: #119

so yea, I should have it pretty soon ^^
And to Arctica: I just think it's a sin if you DON'T know about it...so i didn't bother typing it out lol, I could never forget it lol, have a vash plushy and one of the model/action figure or w/e you want to call it of him, and an awesome wall scroll above my T.V. :p
yea...I havn't finished Jin roh yet, got it a while ago...but I think it should be watched in the dark, and I usually wait till I'm like falling asleep already and end up not making it through, watched the first half about 5 or 6 times now lol...I did the same thing with Escaflowne though as well.
[/b]
About Mooby's friend, is a mutual friend. she is Japanese. Born and raised there. The translation she did is literal, not artistically set to fit as a movie title. At least you get the point accross of what the anime is about.

Kimi ga nozomu eien is a MUST have. If you are into Romantic drama's that is.

About Trigun, ya should spell it, so others know and watch it. ;)

About plushies, I have one for Ed from Cowboy Bebop, one for Meryl Strife from Trigun, one for Cait Sith from FFVI (with the Mog mount), and one for Aoi from Ai Yori Aoshi.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 6 2006, 11:56 AM) [snapback]123795[/snapback][/center]
About Mooby's friend, is a mutual friend. she is Japanese. Born and raised there. The translation she did is literal, not artistically set to fit as a movie title. At least you get the point accross of what the anime is about.

Kimi ga nozomu eien is a MUST have. If you are into Romantic drama's that is.

About Trigun, ya should spell it, so others know and watch it. ;)

About plushies, I have one for Ed from Cowboy Bebop, one for Meryl Strife from Trigun, one for Cait Sith from FFVI (with the Mog mount), and one for Aoi from Ai Yori Aoshi.
[/b]

Yea, I'm gettign it lol, Ai Yori Aoshi is awesome >.< I heard Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi wasn't as good though:/, I havn't seen it:/

And just so everyone knows...if you havn't watched it...watch Trigun

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vaash @ Oct 6 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]123870[/snapback][/center]
Yea, I'm gettign it lol, Ai Yori Aoshi is awesome >.< I heard Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi wasn't as good though:/, I havn't seen it:/

And just so everyone knows...if you havn't watched it...watch Trigun
[/b]
See?! That ain't difficult. ;)

yay, just finished downloading Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, tomorrow I will most likely watch the whole thing
now I'm going to finish downloading Ragnarok and see if I can free up just a tiny bit more room on my second hardrive so I can finish Downloading Trigun(again, this time dual audio)

but I start my job Tuesday, so in about 2 or 3 months I will have another hard drive and the Trigun box set lol

by the way, what do you guys think of bleach? at first it seemed like it was going to be to "kiddie" so I didn't bother with it, but I saw a screenie and the animation looked good,though still kind of like it might be a little "kiddie", and on anime news network the ratings are "excellent" 697 said that and I think 633 said Masterpiece, and judging by the age rating, it's not kiddie lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vaash @ Oct 8 2006, 01:44 PM) [snapback]124114[/snapback][/center]
damn you, that looks good but I'm out of hard drive space:( and no more dvd's either:/
[/b]

I had to order the dvd set as a whole, no one in town carries it anymore. :(

Back