Anime!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 4 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback]123288[/snapback][/center]
I was never atracted to the Gundam series, althought I did see the first one.

Jin-Roh is wicked, on of the best out there, very sad too :cry: .

The Spirits Within of FF is bad, one of the worst movies ever. However, Advent Children is so good. I mis Aerith. :wub:

Ghost in the Shell, I only like hte otriginal movie. I don't really like the stand alone complex, althought the soundtrack is wicked.

Outlaw Star, Haven't seen it complete.

Cowboy Bebop, I love Faye :D Spike is not bad too.

ZOE, I have only seen Dolores i and Idolos. Which is the first series and the movie. Dolores is such a sweetheart. :hug:

Gungrave, I didn't like it much because it had a really weird ending. It was a good story though. This is an anime based on a game. The game and the anime have a slightly different story.

DB was wicked it focused on martial arts at the begining. Then came the super powers in DBZ, and beyond in DBGT. I like all of it though. :)

Ya already know what I think about Naruto. :p
[/b]

I mainly bought the FF: Spirits within mianly for the cgi work in it, I thought it was the best for its time.
I didnt like gungrave, to confusing though I probably jumped in th emiddle of it...
Jin-Roh, good stuff but I could have done without all the drama. I've seen life size replica's (wearable) of the Wolf Brigade armor and its hawt. :eek:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ColdIce @ Oct 4 2006, 10:00 AM) [snapback]123291[/snapback][/center]
I mainly bought the FF: Spirits within mianly for the cgi work in it, I thought it was the best for its time.
I didnt like gungrave, to confusing though I probably jumped in th emiddle of it...
Jin-Roh, good stuff but I could have done without all the drama. I've seen life size replica's (wearable) of the Wolf Brigade armor and its hawt. :eek:
[/b]
It was a big thing in Japan on it's time.

Just like Berserk, there were several murals of Berserk all across Tokyo. Painted by fans in grafitti style.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 4 2006, 10:32 AM) [snapback]123306[/snapback][/center]
It was a big thing in Japan on it's time.

Just like Berserk, there were several murals of Berserk all across Tokyo. Painted by fans in grafitti style.
[/b]

They also had hte Deep Eyes armor suit there as well as the MC's MJOLNIR mkVI... I didnt have 9grand to blow though lol.. :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ColdIce @ Oct 4 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]123315[/snapback][/center]
They also had hte Deep Eyes armor suit there as well as the MC's MJOLNIR mkVI... I didnt have 9grand to blow though lol.. :(
[/b]
:lol: Too expensive

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 3 2006, 03:04 PM) [snapback]123031[/snapback][/center]
I loved Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, althought it was very sad. I cried like a baby at the end. :cry:
It was soooo Good!

When ya gonna send me the next one? And, which one are you goink to send?
[/b]

Soon... When I'm done with this one. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Oct 3 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]123054[/snapback][/center]
Eww an anime soap opera? I know I wouldn't like that one :p Lemme know if you find something good something similar to Naruto or Evangelion (for some reason I don't Bleach I dunno why :p )
[/b]
I probably liked it because I identified my life with one of the characters. It was good overall. It is also one of the top rated nowadays.

guess I am the boring one. I like the anime stuff jsut don't get the chance to watch much of it.

I have seen

Fist of the North Star
Vampire Hunter D
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Some thing about Carnivals.......been a long time since I saw it and cant remember the name
Macross
Ninja Star (I think that was teh name of it.......was a damned good movie though)
FF: Spirits Within (I liked it....so nya...lol)

that about covers it. I have seen a couple others but can't remember the names of em.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Akieo @ Oct 4 2006, 08:29 AM) [snapback]123135[/snapback][/center]
Case Closed anyone? I so miss that show. :( It used to come on every summer at 5am and I'd stay up just to watch it... but it seems they canned it on Cartoon Network.. bastards! :angry:
[/b]
Dude case closed was the shit I loved that show even the dubbed verison kicked ass

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Epise @ Oct 4 2006, 11:51 AM) [snapback]123331[/snapback][/center]
guess I am the boring one. I like the anime stuff jsut don't get the chance to watch much of it.

I have seen

Fist of the North Star
Vampire Hunter D
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Some thing about Carnivals.......been a long time since I saw it and cant remember the name
Macross
Ninja Star (I think that was teh name of it.......was a damned good movie though)
FF: Spirits Within (I liked it....so nya...lol)

that about covers it. I have seen a couple others but can't remember the names of em.
[/b]

I haven't seen FotNS yet.

I don't remember Vampire Hunter D, I have it at home though. Bloodlust was very good, a really interesting storyline. Who would have thought it would be true love?

Did you see it as Macross or Robotech. The translation was horrid and the story is a little different from the Japanese to the American version. I like the first season more than the other two. When they were using the Valkyrie models. Haven't seen the movies yet.

Haven't seen Ninja Star. I confuse it with Ninja Scroll a lot. :lol:

FF: Spirits Within was horrible. I enjoyed the games, and to have such a weak storyline... I don't know, I think they could have done a lot more. Recommend to see Advent Children.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Oct 4 2006, 12:03 PM) [snapback]123333[/snapback][/center]
Dude case closed was the shit I loved that show even the dubbed verison kicked ass
[/b]
Haven't seen that one either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MoobKrad @ Oct 4 2006, 02:05 PM) [snapback]123335[/snapback][/center]
I haven't seen FotNS yet.

I don't remember Vampire Hunter D, I have it at home though. Bloodlust was very good, a really interesting storyline. Who would have thought it would be true love?

Did you see it as Macross or Robotech. The translation was horrid and the story is a little different from the Japanese to the American version. I like the first season more than the other two. When they were using the Valkyrie models. Haven't seen the movies yet.

Haven't seen Ninja Star. I confuse it with Ninja Scroll a lot. :lol:

FF: Spirits Within was horrible. I enjoyed the games, and to have such a weak storyline... I don't know, I think they could have done a lot more. Recommend to see Advent Children.
Haven't seen that one either.
[/b]
Ninja Scroll that was it.......not Ninja Star (my memory is horrible but I knew it was Ninja S(something-or-other)

I saw Macross as Macross. The big damned ship with the killer death beam (well until it crashed).

You really should go pick up FotNS. I loved it. Kinda set in a post-apocalypse with roving bandits and such and a lot of head exploding enjoyment. Good movie.

Saw some other movie, can't remember the name, but the thing I remember about it most was something about extra-dimensional beings, a woman who had a pussy full of teeth that tried to eat a guy right before she turned in to this spider looking thing. Wish I could remember the name of it......was a good one.

I watched everything dubbed in to English. I don't speak any other languages and I don't enjoy having to read my way trough movies......lol

The one I'm watching right now is called "His and Her Circumstances". Is a romantic comedy. It's about a guy and a girl, of how they were living false lives, how they met, how they influence each otehrs lives. It has a lot of funny spots.

Another one I saw recently is "Black Lagoon". This one is and Action anime. Lots of shooting, lots of blood and gory scenes. No super powers, this are just human mercenaries operating from a small town in south east China. The first season is 12 episodes, they are working on second season. I think the first episode of second season is already out.

Another good one is "Ai Yori Aoshi". Another romantic comedy. It's about a girl looking for her first love. When she finds him they can't be together because of family issues. It has a lot of funny spots as well.

Bleach is one of the best out there. Like Artica said, it has a very interesting storyline. It keeps you guessing until the end. Right now they are on their second story arch. 97 Episodes so far. In my blog, in the music box I have the opening song for this one.

I'll keep posting... Have a long list to watch still.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MoobKrad @ Oct 4 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]123346[/snapback][/center]
The one I'm watching right now is called "His and Her Circumstances". Is a romantic comedy. It's about a guy and a girl, of how they were living false lives, how they met, how they influence each otehrs lives. It has a lot of funny spots.

Another one I saw recently is "Black Lagoon". This one is and Action anime. Lots of shooting, lots of blood and gory scenes. No super powers, this are just human mercenaries operating from a small town in south east China. The first season is 12 episodes, they are working on second season. I think the first episode of second season is already out.
Another good one is "Ai Yori Aoshi". Another romantic comedy. It's about a girl looking for her first love. When she finds him they can't be together because of family issues. It has a lot of funny spots as well.

Bleach is one of the best out there. Like Artica said, it has a very interesting storyline. It keeps you guessing until the end. Right now they are on their second story arch. 97 Episodes so far. In my blog, in the music box I have the opening song for this one.

I'll keep posting... Have a long list to watch still.
[/b]
I may have to pick up Black Lagoon. I like the Anime movies and shows that have gratuitous useage of blood and gore (kids don't get to watch em but I enjoy them) :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Epise @ Oct 4 2006, 12:35 PM) [snapback]123349[/snapback][/center]
I may have to pick up Black Lagoon. I like the Anime movies and shows that have gratuitous useage of blood and gore (kids don't get to watch em but I enjoy them) :lol:
[/b]
Bleach has an excesive amount of blood too. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 4 2006, 02:42 PM) [snapback]123352[/snapback][/center]
Bleach has an excesive amount of blood too. :p
[/b]
yeah but 97 episodes and I would have to start at Ep 1..........my wife would look at me funny if I sat and watched 97 episodes of, what she calls, grown up cartoons.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Epise @ Oct 4 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]123354[/snapback][/center]
yeah but 97 episodes and I would have to start at Ep 1..........my wife would look at me funny if I sat and watched 97 episodes of, what she calls, grown up cartoons.
[/b]
Ya can watch them slowly :D

There an anime out there with samuri besides ruroni kenshin? I want one thats all blood and gore plot or no plot I want to see people die lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Oct 4 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]123419[/snapback][/center]
There an anime out there with samuri besides ruroni kenshin? I want one thats all blood and gore plot or no plot I want to see people die lol
[/b]
Bleach *giggle*
Samurai action, good plot, and lots of blood. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 3 2006, 07:00 PM) [snapback]123058[/snapback][/center]
No way, Bleach is awesome. Much more complex than Yu Yu Hakusho. Yu Yu Hakusho is so predictable and single lined. Bleach has a very thick complot, you don't know who is the bad guy until the last minute.
[/b]

Unlike Naruto BLEACH has a filler arc that doesn't suck balls.

Don't get me wrong though, I liked Naruto before the filler crap.

I've watched:

Naruto up to episode 169 or something

Bleach up to 97

Most of the episodes of Cowboy Bebop, if not all. Also own the movie.

All of Outlaw Star

A lot of Gundam Wing.

All of Fullmetal Alchemist

A lot of Zoids (I miss that show, the one with the competitions and not the war)

I liked Case Closed, but never really watched it when it was on.

Buncha DBZ and Dragonball (How many DBZ characters does it take to change a lightbulb? One, but it takes six episodes.)

There's probably others that I'd rather not mention or have forgotten.

i havent watched too much, my husband tries to drag me into it but i just cant get into things like Akira and yes i know i will get blasted for that as it is supposed to be the quintessential anime but still....didnt make any sense to me and too much nonsense for my taste
maybe i am a typical anime girl i dunno but i really like Please Teacher as i laughed my arse off most of the episodes
i liked bubblegum crisis 2020.....Noir.....witchhunter robin....the vampire D's....
*tries to think of the others*
hellsing
raxephon was eh ok
when my brain works better i will see what else is on our shelves...i know we have a lot of robotech but i didnt like those

i really liked the animation work on FF: Spirits within as i love to try to see how real they can make the chars look
i watched it recently though and could tell more of the flaws...i got a couple of books from the following site that show cgi artwork...really nice work
http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/

Final Fantasy Spirits Within was amazing graphics! Story not quite as good. B)
Also the Animatrix episode that Square did. So detailed. I want to see the FF film purely for the look. I don't follow the games.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ Oct 4 2006, 06:14 PM) [snapback]123431[/snapback][/center]
Final Fantasy Spirits Within was amazing graphics! Story not quite as good. B)
Also the Animatrix episode that Square did. So detailed. I want to see the FF film purely for the look. I don't follow the games.
[/b]

It was also the second biggest box office flop ever. Cost em over $120 million in losses and bankrupted Square Pictures.

Back