which did you enjoy the most...........

which did you enjoy the most...........

• CU (less bugs and balanced)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NGE (no comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Daves'a Sillywalker @ Jan 25 2006, 10:49 AM) [snapback]34705[/snapback][/center]
Although it had its flaws too CU was probably the best
[/b]
the question is really irrelevant...

you will prefer whichever version afforded you the most success...

Pre-CU, as the one with most potential. CU combat was B O R I N G. NGE is not even worth discussing, as it's in beta stage at best.

I chose Pre-Cu.

I think that if they'd of put as much effort into fixing that game, as they did into redesigning the damn thing twice (imagine how many dev man-hours that took?) this game might have realized its potential.

I found CU gawd awful. Combat was slow and boring.
NGE has some good things in it, but too many bad things (mostly the dumbing down of most aspects that made the game unique) to hold my interest long term.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Micky Bulvaar @ Jan 26 2006, 09:23 AM) [snapback]34926[/snapback][/center]
I chose Pre-Cu.

I think that if they'd of put as much effort into fixing that game, as they did into redesigning the damn thing twice (imagine how many dev man-hours that took?) this game might have realized its potential.

I found CU gawd awful. Combat was slow and boring.
NGE has some good things in it, but too many bad things (mostly the dumbing down of most aspects that made the game unique) to hold my interest long term.
[/b]
I obviously chose Pre CU and not because of the FRS and me being a jedi master in it (Though I did enjoy that immensely). I chose it because it was the most unique game I have ever played. 32 choices to choose from and 100s of combinations of professions. You could literally be anything you wanted to be. Then they took out the uniqueness of the combat queue and the fast combat and made the game into a second rate WoW or EQ2. Then a few months later turned it into a play toy for a 10 year old.

Pre CU had the most promise of being possibly one of the best games of all time. You can ask any of the old vets that played a lot, that game was ridiculously addicting. No matter what I did that day, I'd go to school then come home and play SWG before I had to go to work. Get home from work and if I didn't party or hang out with my girl I'd be on SWG. If I had any spare time at all I'd be on SWG, and now I don't have that luxury. The game I played so often and loved so much is gone, and it honestly bums me out everytime I'm bored and I wander into my room and look at my PC.

Thats honestly how much I miss Pre CU SWG.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LilHammie @ Jan 26 2006, 07:24 AM) [snapback]35040[/snapback][/center]
I obviously chose Pre CU and not because of the FRS and me being a jedi master in it (Though I did enjoy that immensely). I chose it because it was the most unique game I have ever played. 32 choices to choose from and 100s of combinations of professions. You could literally be anything you wanted to be. Then they took out the uniqueness of the combat queue and the fast combat and made the game into a second rate WoW or EQ2. Then a few months later turned it into a play toy for a 10 year old.

Pre CU had the most promise of being possibly one of the best games of all time. You can ask any of the old vets that played a lot, that game was ridiculously addicting. No matter what I did that day, I'd go to school then come home and play SWG before I had to go to work. Get home from work and if I didn't party or hang out with my girl I'd be on SWG. If I had any spare time at all I'd be on SWG, and now I don't have that luxury. The game I played so often and loved so much is gone, and it honestly bums me out everytime I'm bored and I wander into my room and look at my PC.

[/b]

Pretty much summed everything up. Your rule Lil. and saved me typing a long ask post.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LilHammie @ Jan 26 2006, 08:24 AM) [snapback]35040[/snapback][/center]

[/b]

100% AGREE.

I'd been a player on WH since launch day, and those reasons are the ones that kept me a subscriber until CU hit.
It really is incredible how they managed to fuck it all up so badly, and while I am a subscriber again (at least at the time of this writing) I just can't see myself sticking with the game anymore.

I just can't wait until the emu projects get off the ground and we can play pre-CU again.

Difficult to say.

If we could break down Pre-CU to Pre-Defense and Post-Defense, then I would say Pre-Defense Pre-CU. But since we can't I'm going with the CU, because of the awful, awful balance of Pre-CU.

But really, what mattered most was the competition. Fighting DOA was the most fun because they were awesome and we could joke about it afterwards, even though sometimes we had heated arguments. There was some fighting in the CU that I'd qualify as the best PvP I experienced, because it was constant action and pretty much no shit. If you had respectful, good opponents, it was fun. Fighting against people who were desperate to have you hate them was not fun.

Admit it reek you loved to fight AoW, Come on admit it :)

We brought fun back to a server that was dying.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Jan 26 2006, 06:01 PM) [snapback]35383[/snapback][/center]
Admit it reek you loved to fight AoW, Come on admit it :)

We brought fun back to a server that was dying.
[/b]
Eh some of the fights were fun sure. There were a lot of good people who were not Hakanites in AoW. And that time I went in and soloed pretty much everyone in Redemption while listening to them scream on Vent was a blast :D. But I'm not just talking about AoW. There have been several people and guilds who thought that hating the opposition was the best way to have fun, not just AoW.

Has to be pre cu for me. Still by far the best mmorpg system I have seen. It needed work but had the most going for it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Quirk @ Jan 26 2006, 03:21 PM) [snapback]35392[/snapback][/center]
Has to be pre cu for me. Still by far the best mmorpg system I have seen. It needed work but had the most going for it.
[/b]
Go play EQ2. CU is the same combat system EQ2 has.

Oh yeah, I vote for Pre CU

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Jan 26 2006, 05:35 PM) [snapback]35395[/snapback][/center]
Go play EQ2. CU is the same combat system EQ2 has.

Oh yeah, I vote for Pre CU
[/b]

I have a 57 fury and a 35 guard and a 30 templar. The system works for that game. And its not the same system, might be modled from it but its not the same.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reek @ Jan 26 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]35386[/snapback][/center]
Eh some of the fights were fun sure. There were a lot of good people who were not Hakanites in AoW. And that time I went in and soloed pretty much everyone in Redemption while listening to them scream on Vent was a blast :D. But I'm not just talking about AoW. There have been several people and guilds who thought that hating the opposition was the best way to have fun, not just AoW.
[/b]

When ELITE and AoW were equal it was great fun. This was before wow come out and everyone left.

Pere Vs Nuka
You Vs Hakan
Syntax Vs Fucking everyone (syntax was way overpowered)

Was great fun. There was alyways going to be arguements and flame wars because both sides hated to lose, i have never hated anyone in a game. I laugh at people but never hated.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Jan 27 2006, 06:58 AM) [snapback]35559[/snapback][/center]
Was great fun. There was alyways going to be arguements and flame wars because both sides hated to lose, i have never hated anyone in a game. I laugh at people but never hated.
[/b]
Yeah but we've already established you're rare among AoW-ites. I also never hated people, though people certainly thought (and still think) I do. Hell I don't even hate Hakan, I find him more funny than anything.

Syntaxx was a good CM, but not that good as you say. Min was that good though.

Back