When a guy is useful

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rehhtahn @ May 12 2006, 01:56 AM) [snapback]77999[/snapback][/center]
I did that with Loh Key for the last 6 months I played SWG. If I saw he posted it I would just ignore the post, and move on. Most of the time people worth ignoring arn't putting anything worthwhile into a conversation anyway so it's not like you'd miss out on anything important. [/b]
kill them with kindness :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kiritok @ May 12 2006, 03:36 AM) [snapback]78007[/snapback][/center]
Death by Carebear...I love it :lol: [/b]
I can do it, I can be nice :) lol just keep reminding me thats what I need to do :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SynTaXx-Wrath @ May 12 2006, 06:39 PM) [snapback]78009[/snapback][/center]
I can do it, I can be nice :) lol just keep reminding me thats what I need to do :p
[/b]
ROFL

What's really annoying is when somebody does something, tell tehm you forgive them lol. Goes with teh killing with kindness hehe, drives some people crazy. I've thought about doing that in the flame wars section, just write an I forgive everybody post, let everybody flame me for forgiving them :D.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rehhtahn @ May 12 2006, 03:48 AM) [snapback]78013[/snapback][/center]
ROFL

What's really annoying is when somebody does something, tell tehm you forgive them lol. Goes with teh killing with kindness hehe, drives some people crazy. I've thought about doing that in the flame wars section, just write an I forgive everybody post, let everybody flame me for forgiving them :D . [/b]
lol I found alot of the people that took things I said on the forum as how I really am, when I meet and talk to them they totally <3 me. There are a TON of really nice easy going people in the game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SynTaXx-Wrath @ May 12 2006, 04:04 AM) [snapback]78018[/snapback][/center]
lol I found alot of the people that took things I said on the forum as how I really am, when I meet and talk to them they totally <3 me. There are a TON of really nice easy going people in the game.
[/b]

That's me :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SynTaXx-Wrath @ May 12 2006, 07:04 PM) [snapback]78018[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
Ya, people often assume a lot of things about others depending on who they see them with, what they say they believe in, what they wear etc. In game is no different, a lot of people assume people are bad because they can get harsh in a game, while they very well could be just role playing a part. I usually try to get a good view of a person before I say, "this person is like this." But even then, it's only online, and through text, you can never be sure if the other person is being 100% true to themselves.... that and some people act way different online then they do in real life.

I try to be myself in all things I do. I have a hard enough time dealing with that - never mind a false persona on forums or a game. I may put a different name on it - but I'm Tiv - just with a different name.

There may be things about my past I don't completely share, but few people know everything about me. And yeah I'm camera shy - but only because I've been burnt badly. /shrug I'm generally honest about my insecurities and my strengths.

I'm not naive though - I know most people will create a completely different person for online...but honestly I think that is too much work for most people.

I usually judge people by how they think. A good example is their opinions on posts, but that's not an absolute rule. Let's say, is one of the main factors I look at. I love it when someone defends a point with conviction in their hearts, when they speak what they truly beleive in. I usually push harder against them (even if I don't entirely believe in the opposite, like playing devils advocate). That's when people usually show their true colors, they stop thinking and just speak their minds.

That's how I got to respect Rehhntan, for example; and a few others. :)
And how I end up disliking others.

I apologize to Syn for pushing her hard. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ May 13 2006, 03:17 AM) [snapback]78111[/snapback][/center]
I usually judge people by how they think. A good example is their opinions on posts, but that's not an absolute rule. Let's say, is one of the main factors I look at. I love it when someone defends a point with conviction in their hearts, when they speak what they truly beleive in. I usually push harder against them (even if I don't entirely believe in the opposite, like playing devils advocate). That's when people usually show their true colors, they stop thinking and just speak their minds.

That's how I got to respect Rehhntan, for example; and a few others. :)
And how I end up disliking others.

I apologize to Syn for pushing her hard. ;)
[/b]
w00t!!!!!!!

Ya, I'm like you a lot. I like to play devils advocate from time to time. I find that it usually helps people to better understand their perspective if you can pick away it. And I'm also very stubborn.... which is both a good and bad thing. The more somebody push's against me, the harder I will fight for what I believe in.

Another thing I that usually gives people a bad image in my opinion is language. Personally I understand that some people have gotten so used to swearing that it slips out every once in a while, in fact even I from time to time will let out the odd "well holy shit" or something like that. But I do not understand why people use bad language in an online game or a forum. In real life people tend to let things slip(we shouldn't but we do), but in a game you have to think about everything you type, and after you're done you have to hit the enter button to send it so really there is no reason for swearing.

And Tiv, I usually try to be myself no matter what game I play.... unless I'm roleplaying, then I usually try to be something as far away from myself that there is no comparison. Like for example in SWG, I had a BH character for the longest time because 1, I enjoyed the hunt and 2, it was something that I myself would never do(purposely go out trying to hurt people). But if you ever talked to me after the hunt, most Jedi I hunted ended up being my friends(whether I won or Lost) because I respected them and refused to use cheep tricks to earn my wins. I did use bomb droids every once in a while, but that was fair game(besides they were pretty easy to avoid if you knew what you were doing)...

OK, i'm rambling now, so i'll shut up :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rehhtahn @ May 12 2006, 12:41 PM) [snapback]78223[/snapback][/center]
w00t!!!!!!!

Ya, I'm like you a lot. I like to play devils advocate from time to time. I find that it usually helps people to better understand their perspective if you can pick away it. And I'm also very stubborn.... which is both a good and bad thing. The more somebody push's against me, the harder I will fight for what I believe in.

Another thing I that usually gives people a bad image in my opinion is language. Personally I understand that some people have gotten so used to swearing that it slips out every once in a while, in fact even I from time to time will let out the odd "well holy shit" or something like that. But I do not understand why people use bad language in an online game or a forum. In real life people tend to let things slip(we shouldn't but we do), but in a game you have to think about everything you type, and after you're done you have to hit the enter button to send it so really there is no reason for swearing.

And Tiv, I usually try to be myself no matter what game I play.... unless I'm roleplaying, then I usually try to be something as far away from myself that there is no comparison. Like for example in SWG, I had a BH character for the longest time because 1, I enjoyed the hunt and 2, it was something that I myself would never do(purposely go out trying to hurt people). But if you ever talked to me after the hunt, most Jedi I hunted ended up being my friends(whether I won or Lost) because I respected them and refused to use cheep tricks to earn my wins. I did use bomb droids every once in a while, but that was fair game(besides they were pretty easy to avoid if you knew what you were doing)...

OK, i'm rambling now, so i'll shut up :D
[/b]
I kinda noticed. ^_^
And about swearing... I usually don't swear, only when I'm pissed off, and I really don't care at that moment. Other than that, I refrain myself. I prefer the polite/friendly approach most of the time. Or harsh approach, depending on the situation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SynTaXx-Wrath @ May 13 2006, 06:00 AM) [snapback]78237[/snapback][/center]
Rehh your rambling is keeping me awake... type away :p haha
[/b]
/sings the dolphin song from the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.

So long and thanks for all the fish
So sad that it should come to this
We tried to warn you all but oh dear?

You may not share our intellect
Which might explain your disrespect
For all the natural wonders that
grow around you

So long, so long and thanks
for all the fish

The world's about to be destroyed
There's no point getting all annoyed
Lie back and let the planet dissolve

Despite those nets of tuna fleets
We thought that most of you were sweet
Especially tiny tots and your
pregnant women

So long, so long, so long, so long, so long

for all the fish

(yeah)

So long and thanks for all the fish
So sad that it should come to this
We tried to warn you all but oh dear?

(oh dear)

Despite those nets of tuna fleets
We thought that most of you were sweet
Especially tiny tots and your
pregnant women

for all the fish​

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ May 13 2006, 05:53 AM) [snapback]78230[/snapback][/center]
I kinda noticed. ^_^
And about swearing... I usually don't swear, only when I'm pissed off, and I really don't care at that moment. Other than that, I refrain myself. I prefer the polite/friendly approach most of the time. Or harsh approach, depending on the situation.
[/b]
I prefer the polite/friendly approach as well... But some times being harsh is the only thing that will get accross to the person...

I'm also a very direct person, I don't like beating around the bush.

Back