Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have an irrational fear

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • To die

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Other

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters
I thought his original statement said there is nothing he is afraid of.. not that he has never felt fear in his lifetime. I know you guys are going to debate this to death, but if you can look around your life and say "there is nothing that I am afraid right now" thats a good thing. Far too many people live their lives based on fear and think how much it must limit them.
The pull was about being afraid of something yes, but then we got into talking about fear. You know, a thread can move into different subjects ;) Plus, to me, debating is fun and interesting, as long as it's respectful and constructive :)
Oh and I quote Hakan's first statement: "Fear? What is it? :p"
And I agree with a lot of what he says, plus I'd love to read his book, if he writes it? :) ;)

Last edited:
Maybe fear makes their lifes easier, so they dont take the risks, dunno and dont care. When i watched Braveheart for the first time there was one sentence that struck me, Everymen dies but not everymen really lives. You cant live with fear. You gotta do what you think is right, that makes you actually live as a human and seperates you being a sheep. When i was a kid i used to observe ppl wandering around shopping, minding their own business, living their daily lifes and i swore to God , i wont be like them.
I agree that fear can control you, if you let it. Tho, one can feel fear without letting it control you.
And yes, every man dies but not every man lives. I just say, that if you dont fear anything (or ever have) or isn't afraid of losing something, you wont value it as much. If you take things for granted you wont appriciate things either. Without black there is no white...:)
Of course it's best if you aren't afraid of things, it usually means that you are safe and feel secure (tho there are exceptions). To walk around and be afraid that you will lose your loved one every day doesn't serve any purpose, it'll only make you sad and that's when you are letting fear control you. But that's not really what I'm talking about.

I am not afraid of things, I feel safe and secure, and I have always gone my own way (I don't think I fall into the 'norm' so to speak :) ). I don't fear things in general, but the *thought* of being left alone, can scare me... And yeah, alien movies too :p

Last edited:
I agree that fear can control you, if you let it. Tho, one can feel fear without letting it control you.
And yes, every man dies but not every man lives. I just say, that if you dont fear anything (or ever have) or isn't afraid of losing something, you wont value it as much. If you take things for granted you wont appriciate things either. Without black there is no white...:)
Of course it's best if you aren't afraid of things, it usually means that you are safe and feel secure (tho there are exceptions). To walk around and be afraid that you will lose your loved one every day doesn't serve any purpose, it'll only make you sad and that's when you are letting fear control you. But that's not really what I'm talking about.

I am not afraid of things, I feel safe and secure, and I have always gone my own way (I don't think I fall into the 'norm' so to speak :) ). I don't fear things in general, but the *thought* of being left alone, can scare me... And yeah, alien movies too :p

I am sorry but we are not on the same page, I have faith and my faith is my guidance that nothing happens with out a reason and I am rational enough not to worry about things which I cant effect. Altho i understand what you say , its not necessary to value something or someone for the fear of losing of them , mankind lives in present but takes pain from past and future if he doesnt concentrate living in present. Past is gone and with out faith it carries the scars of being seperated from beloved ones and future is unknown with one certainiy that you will be seperated from your current beloved ones. To bear it one either choses ignorance or faith.

I am sorry but we are not on the same page, I have faith and my faith is my guidance that nothing happens with out a reason and I am rational enough not to worry about things which I cant effect. Altho i understand what you say , its not necessary to value something or someone for the fear of losing of them , mankind lives in present but takes pain from past and future if he doesnt concentrate living in present. Past is gone and with out faith it carries the scars of being seperated from beloved ones and future is unknown with one certainiy that you will be seperated from your current beloved ones. To bear it one either choses ignorance or faith.
Of course when protecting someone, the first thing on your mind is not fear. Although you can feel it, is not that you are afraid of the challenges ahead and will cower away. Is a feeling that is there you want it or not. Is not alone, it can be mixed with the excitement for the challenge, the will to protect, and other feelings. ^_^

Remember the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

And nothing to be sorry for Hakan :) People do have different opinions about things, nothing wrong with that. And I think to a point we talk about the same things just in different ways, and to a degree we diagree :)

*QFE* very well said.. you don't have to fear losing something to fully appreciate it.

*QFE* very well said.. you don't have to fear losing something to fully appreciate it.
lol, and its not really what I'm saying either (or meaning to say)....Hmm, either it's me putting it wrong/badly....or its you guys not getting what I mean *shrug* Maybe the word fear is the wrong term here(?)

Lets try this example: A friend of mine were in a really bad accident, he was about to die. After that he appriciated life so much more, and he actually started living and embracing life. He took life for granted before the accident, after the accident he didn't, he realized it could be taken away just like that, at any second.
Maybe realizing that something bad could happen is a better word to use then fearing it...
I don't know if I make better sence now or not(?) :)

lol, and its not really what I'm saying either (or meaning to say)....Hmm, either it's me putting it wrong/badly....or its you guys not getting what I mean *shrug* Maybe the word fear is the wrong term here(?)

Lets try this example: A friend of mine were in a really bad accident, he was about to die. After that he appriciated life so much more, and he actually started living and embracing life. He took life for granted before the accident, after the accident he didn't, he realized it could be taken away just like that, at any second.
Maybe realizing that something bad could happen is a better word to use then fearing it...
Bad things happening are a part of life. I get what you are saying, you appreciate it more when you come close to losing it, but there are a lot of people who live life already appreciating it and realize how much they appreciate it without that moment or catalyst that may have caused a loss.

Its more of a nature of todays materialistic life style. In truth assuming hypetotically (spelling:p) your friend has no faith in afterlife, the recent understanding which he achieved is more harming in core. As now he is aware fully of death and the certainity which he will face it. So the solution he found is to live fully with out thinking of future and thats why i call it ignorance. Ignorance is a shield against fear, ignited by fear .

I hope i was clear enuf.

Its more of a nature of todays materialistic life style. In truth assuming hypetotically (spelling:p) your friend has no faith in afterlife, the recent understanding which he achieved is more harming in core. As now he is aware fully of death and the certainity which he will face it. So the solution he found is to live fully with out thinking of future and thats why i call it ignorance. Ignorance is a shield against fear, ignited by fear .

I hope i was clear enuf.
I see your point :)
Tho if I agree or not, I wont speak of here.

Bad things happening are a part of life. I get what you are saying, you appreciate it more when you come close to losing it, but there are a lot of people who live life already appreciating it and realize how much they appreciate it without that moment or catalyst that may have caused a loss.
One will never know until experienced imho, one can only do ones best :)

One will never know until experienced imho, one can only do ones best :)
I don't need to put my hand in a fire to know it will burn, and I don't need to stand over a friends coffin to know how much they truly meant to me. If someone doesn't already treasure what they have they never deserved it in the first place.
"All you love will be carried away." - Stephen King

I don't need to put my hand in a fire to know it will burn, and I don't need to stand over a friends coffin to know how much they truly meant to me. If someone doesn't already treasure what they have they never deserved it in the first place.
"All you love will be carried away." - Stephen King
I think, what Zana meant is, if you get your hand burned and can't use it for a while. You'll learn how much you miss the use of it, and how ineffective it is to use only one. That doesn't mean you don't or can't appreciate the use of both hands while you are well. However, you won't appreciated as much as a person that has been injured or has lost a hand.

Is like those people that have gone through a terrible ordeal and a physcologist won't help, because he/she hasn't experienced it. So they recommend you go to a support group, where there are people that had gone through something similar and have overcome it share their experiences with you.

BACK ON TOPIC!

BACK ON TOPIC!

Oompa%20Loompab.jpg

pure evil!

Back