Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have an irrational fear

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • To die

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Other

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters
That very wise man was a coward :p trying to justify his fear. Fear has its own uses but its merely an instrument at best.
Admitting and embracing all feelings, shows strength.
Denying them, shows weakness.

And as Artica said, it's natural to feel fear at times, we all do it.
:)

Heh one widely made mistake by humans is to think everyone is like them, as they see the world thru their mirrors. You may believe what you want to but not everyone is like you.

I am not embracing something which i dont possess and its not weakness denying something which doesnt exist for me.

Heh one widely made mistake by humans is to think everyone is like them, as they see the world thru their mirrors. You may believe what you want to but not everyone is like you.

I am not embracing something which i dont possess and its not weakness denying something which doesnt exist for me.
Fear can take many forms, after all fear is not only that strong feeling that makes you cower.

It can manifest in as simple as a rejection from someone you admire or love. The uncertainty of something that will happen and you won't know how to react until the moment it happens. Those butterflies you get on your stomach when you are excited, that strong feeling of anticipation maybe as well be a form of fear. That which shots an increase of adrenaline in your veins... You might be in control, but that is still a fear.

The word fearless is only written after the fact to describe something amazing or terrifying which someone went through. However, I'm totally positive that if you ask them what were you feeling before the fact. That answer would be Fear. And after the first second of action, when you gain confidence, it can change to any other extreme emotion; hate, love, passion, panic, excited, etc.

Is not a weakness to accept fear, is just a proof that you are human.

see who said we were lol.
Seriously, Fear as any emotion felt by humans and animals comes from chemistry. So you can control it and use it to your advantage, only when you let your emotions control you is when any emotion, even love can become harmful to you.

The only thing i really fear is getting a real bad health issue and end up in hospital for several months and slowly die or something.. I had a subarachnoid hemorrhage last year and got some expierence with that kinda stuff now.. oh and there i learned to fear the computer tomography room where the put a tube in my waist and pushed it up to my brain just to place some medicine... i didnt feel the tube but the whole procedure was a nightmare cause i only got a local anaesthesia or so and could watch the whole procedure and even see it on the monitors

Fear can take many forms, after all fear is not only that strong feeling that makes you cower.

It can manifest in as simple as a rejection from someone you admire or love. The uncertainty of something that will happen and you won't know how to react until the moment it happens. Those butterflies you get on your stomach when you are excited, that strong feeling of anticipation maybe as well be a form of fear. That which shots an increase of adrenaline in your veins... You might be in control, but that is still a fear.

The word fearless is only written after the fact to describe something amazing or terrifying which someone went through. However, I'm totally positive that if you ask them what were you feeling before the fact. That answer would be Fear. And after the first second of action, when you gain confidence, it can change to any other extreme emotion; hate, love, passion, panic, excited, etc.

No thx, i dont buy it. You guys can think of yourself of some sort of criteria, defining what fear means for you or what for others but it doesnt mean its applicaple to me. Excitement for me is the knowledge of going into battle ( and by battle i am not meaning combat only, mortal or not) and be prepared for it and adrenalin rush is the means to make my reflexes and witts better honed for action. fear is about consequences, I dont give a shit of consequences when I act. I do what is right and what has to be done and dont know an emotion to stop me for doing so which is called fear. Maybe fear itself is afraid to show its ugly head to me.:p

see who said we were lol.
Seriously, Fear as any emotion felt by humans and animals comes from chemistry. So you can control it and use it to your advantage, only when you let your emotions control you is when any emotion, even love can become harmful to you.
:lol: That's another insight about it. I just went on and on. But that's my opinion.

Again agreeing with what Artica stated about fear.
And this has nothing to do with being like me or not. I don't buy it thats all, I don't buy that you've never felt fear...*shrug* ;)

(This is what I agree with, there's more to it as well, but this is well stated imho :) )

Again agreeing with what Artica stated about fear.
And this has nothing to do with being like me or not. I don't buy it thats all, I don't buy that you've never felt fear...*shrug* ;)
I thought his original statement said there is nothing he is afraid of.. not that he has never felt fear in his lifetime. I know you guys are going to debate this to death, but if you can look around your life and say "there is nothing that I am afraid right now" thats a good thing. Far too many people live their lives based on fear and think how much it must limit them.

Maybe fear makes their lifes easier, so they dont take the risks, dunno and dont care. When i watched Braveheart for the first time there was one sentence that struck me, Everymen dies but not everymen really lives. You cant live with fear. You gotta do what you think is right, that makes you actually live as a human and seperates you being a sheep. When i was a kid i used to observe ppl wandering around shopping, minding their own business, living their daily lifes and i swore to God , i wont be like them.

I think fear is more a lack of control.. things people have no control over in life they fear instead of just realizing to let it go. What happens happens. Do I have any rational fears? nope, nothing really scares me, but that one irrational fear in the back of my mind keeps me amused because I know it will never happen

I fear of death. I fear of nothingness after I die.

I hope for an afterlife and I will trust in my faith. Hopefully it's true.

Back