To All Those Muslims Burning & Protesting That Cartoon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 10 2006, 11:09 AM) [snapback]42264[/snapback][/center]
I think we should bomb more countries. It is population control.
[/b]

I dropped a deuce earlier.

After reading through this entire thread I think it is safe to say that much of the violence this world has seen has been done in the name of god / religion. It comes down to power in the end.

I find it extraordinarily sad that the teachings which preach peace are used to do exactly the opposite. Look at the crusades... not exactly peaceful and not very pleasant and why? While people can say in the name of God, in the end it came down to power and domination We think you are wrong so you will change your ways to ours. This sort of thinking doesn't work. Who is to say whose version of God is right or wrong? And in the end when you take away the various words and trappings we actually believe in the same thing. So we essentially argue over names and whose prohpet was the right one.

You look at the various churches and who runs them, and I will pick on the Catholic church here because I know more about that than I do any other from having studied various aspects of it, there is an awful lot going on that has nothing to do with spirituality but has to do with power. We as humans do an awful lot of terrible things in the name of our religions and claim we have the right to do so because our faith is based on it. I don't believe this and I question it every day. The two things do not come together, at least not peacefully.

Violence in any form is not really a very good way to get your point across. Humans rail against it and eventually rise above it. It is our nature as a species to fight against subjigation of any kind no matter what, we are very stubborn. Use the word No and see the reaction.

It's early and I'm babbling but these are just some thoughts.

I am going to give a link to a book introduction and then a link how to get it. If anyone is interested to see how violance is actually despised by Islam, this book explains it.

http://www.ashgate.com/subject_area/downlo...Islam_Intro.pdf
https://www.ashgate.com/shopping/title.asp?...7546%205015%204

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 10 2006, 07:15 PM) [snapback]42460[/snapback][/center]
I am going to give a link to a book introduction and then a link how to get it. If anyone is interested to see how violance is actually despised by Islam, this book explains it.

http://www.ashgate.com/subject_area/downlo...Islam_Intro.pdf
https://www.ashgate.com/shopping/title.asp?...7546%205015%204
[/b]

Found some reviews on the book so posting them to give u a better understanding.

Reviews

'An excellent example of co-operative scholarship between Muslims and Christians. Anyone who wishes to learn about a thoroughly orthodox, tolerant and eirenic Islam, as expressed by the early twentieth-century Turkish writer, Said Nursi, should read this book.'
Professor Keith Ward, Christ Church, Oxford, UK

'It can no longer be said that 'east is east and west is west and never the twain shall meet.' The world of Islam has penetrated the western world in ways that cannot be ignored. Inter-religious dialogue is essential and this book will do much to facilitate that dialogue. It is a brilliant read.' Dr Tony Compolo, Founder and President of the Evangelical Association for the Promotion of Education, USA

'This is a welcome book: there are very few works on Said Nursi. It is obviously of great relevance in the post 9/11 period and will provide fascinating reading for scholars, academics and those interested in Islam, Turkey and in other fields of social science.'
Professor Lloyd Ridgeon, University of Glasgow, UK

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 10 2006, 07:22 PM) [snapback]42460[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
So the question we have to ask ourselves is Why do so many people resort to anger and violence when they feel offended? And when someone in our peer group is doing something that goes against our values and beliefs do we not stop them?

Example 1: The muslims that are protesting in the pictures holding signs talking about terrorist acts. Shouldn't someone say to them that that is not the they way of Islam? Apparently they need more teaching.

Example 2: The christians that bomb abortion agencies. Where are thier peers at protesting them? They apparently need alot of teaching.

and IMO people who resort to terrorist acts are not following the will of God.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gomi @ Feb 10 2006, 11:16 PM) [snapback]42517[/snapback][/center]
So the question we have to ask ourselves is Why do so many people resort to anger and violence when they feel offended? And when someone in our peer group is doing something that goes against our values and beliefs do we not stop them?

Example 1: The muslims that are protesting in the pictures holding signs talking about terrorist acts. Shouldn't someone say to them that that is not the they way of Islam? Apparently they need more teaching.

Example 2: The christians that bomb abortion agencies. Where are thier peers at protesting them? They apparently need alot of teaching.

and IMO people who resort to terrorist acts are not following the will of God.
[/b]

Exactly mate exactly.

Let me sum up my feelings. If God was so pissed off about the cartoon, why wouldn't God of smitted any newspaper that printed it? So if God ain't pissed off why should these people? Now if God came and struck down the newspaper I would say "wow, God's pissed". Let's face facts, people like excuses to have bad behavior. More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other reason.

On a side note, when anyone refers to God as he or she I laugh my ass off. God is a concept beyond any of us to grasp. When you refer to God as he or she that is the human projecting a God complex. I got some theories on what God maybe but it would blow your mind.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 10 2006, 11:00 AM) [snapback]42902[/snapback][/center]
On a side note, when anyone refers to God as he or she I laugh my ass off. God is a concept beyond any of us to grasp. When you refer to God as he or she that is the human projecting a God complex. I got some theories on what God maybe but it would blow your mind.
[/b]

The reason people give God a "gender" is to relate to God as best they can. Which honestly is impossible, but we as humans often simplify things in order to get closer to them.

Please El-D...blow my..............................

mind.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Feb 11 2006, 02:02 AM) [snapback]42906[/snapback][/center]
The reason people give God a "gender" is to relate to God as best they can. Which honestly is impossible, but we as humans often simplify things in order to get closer to them.

Please El-D...blow my..............................
mind.
[/b]

Theres no way God could be a chick because every 28 days, life would be wiped out!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Feb 10 2006, 11:04 AM) [snapback]42912[/snapback][/center]
Theres no way God could be a chick because every 28 days, life would be wiped out!
[/b]
notice some of the natural disasters we have had?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 10 2006, 11:00 AM) [snapback]42902[/snapback][/center]
Let me sum up my feelings. If God was so pissed off about the cartoon, why wouldn't God of smitted any newspaper that printed it? So if God ain't pissed off why should these people? Now if God came and struck down the newspaper I would say "wow, God's pissed"
[/b]

In most cases I would imagine God, Allah, whatever you want to call him/her/it/them, has better things to do than smite a newspaper. Besides, at this point God has probably seen enough human arrogance and stupidity over religion to do little more than roll eyes and say 'there they go again'

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lpb8733 @ Feb 10 2006, 11:49 AM) [snapback]42957[/snapback][/center]
In most cases I would imagine God, Allah, whatever you want to call him/her/it/them, has better things to do than smite a newspaper. Besides, at this point God has probably seen enough human arrogance and stupidity over religion to do little more than roll eyes and say 'there they go again'
[/b]
If i was God, and saw that I would play circus music.

There is no god...

Dudes, we live in 2006, faith in religion is one of the most misplaced stuff at all...

to avoid all, or at least lots of troubles in the world, easiest thing would be to get rid of all religions...
but hell, so easy as it sounds, it won't be though :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 10 2006, 10:50 AM) [snapback]42959[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
Benny Hill theme ftw.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 10 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]42959[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

Pretty close to what I was thinking.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lpb8733 @ Feb 10 2006, 11:09 PM) [snapback]43369[/snapback][/center]
Pretty close to what I was thinking.
[/b]

depeche mode comes to mind....

Blasphemous rumours

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 7 2006, 07:54 AM) [snapback]40490[/snapback][/center]
Get a fucking life. Just admit you have no outrage you just need an excuse to burn shit.
[/b]
ok i must admit when they make fun of Bob marley i do use it as an excuse to burn some shit :blink:

Man didn't think this would go this many pages. I figured we would get to page 8 and all agree to just shoot any violent protesters.

Back