To All Those Muslims Burning & Protesting That Cartoon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ Feb 11 2006, 10:48 AM) [snapback]44236[/snapback][/center]
That's fine, but to kill over it... that's the point...
[/b]

well I guess in order to understand that then you would need to somehow have to understand the depth of the faith involved and the rage and the subsiquent deeper issues at hand. I've said this before the cartoons were not really the problem but more the catalyst of an explosion that was waiting to happen. Islam itself, if I understand correctly is a peaceful religion and does not condone this behaviour so, we are talking about an extreme extension that has been egged on into this violence by group abd mob mentality. There are larger factors at work here.It is not right and I certainly do not condone it at all but you need to see the bigger picture at hand.
To say it is stupid to get worked up over a cartoon over simplifies the situation.

Islam is a peaceful religeon, but it's not being practiced that way.

You can't tell me it's a vast minority of the people that get outraged to the point of violence. At it's core, Islam might be peaceful, but it's not being practiced as such at the moment.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ Feb 11 2006, 11:09 AM) [snapback]44249[/snapback][/center]

You can't tell me it's a vast minority of the people that get outraged to the point of violence. At it's core, Islam might be peaceful, but it's not being practiced as such at the moment.
[/b]

I think it is a minority but they are loud and very vocal and also thanks to the media attention very visual.
Personally I think there are probably many many more Muslems who are peaceful and shake their heads at what is going on and disagree with it than those who are actively participating in the current uprising we see.
But we hear aboutthe violence because that is what makes the news. We do not hear aboutthe peaceful discussions and the non violent protests because, for the media... this is not newsworthy.

I think it is terribly wrong to pin one lable on an entire religion because of a small group of extreemist who go off the deep end. that is like saying ALL catholic priests molest children.

I'm not trying to make it sound like it's all of them... I'll just stick with my original quote...

"It's a frickin cartoon. To cause such violence over a damn cartoon is moronic... point blank."

I dont know much about religion but I firmly believe in it. I believe its awesome to grow your children up into it at a very young age so that they are taught morals and given a full conciousness of right and wrong. I believe religion has made its way very strong for this long for this very reason.

The crap going on over there is their problem. I stand on the grounds of getting our people the hell outta there. The United States needs to start pushing that fukking hydrogen motor now! They revealed it in working condition in 2004 and its 2006. WHERE THE FUCK IS IT? FUCK A HYBRID. PEOPLE ARE ALREADY SPENDING 50K+ ON CARS. Every damn gas station and corner store is owned by people from accross the seas now practically... so I guess they are selling us the fuel 2 times eh? Smart they are. LIKE BUSH SAID.. "THE UNITED STATES IS ADDICTED TO OIL" It must stop.

OIL FUKKING SUCKS! It is causing major pollution. It is causing world wars. It is causing people to be very greedy. Its killing us and half the people in the United States dont actually care or understand exactly what its doing to people. We are more worried about getting high, getting laid, and getting paid than we are about the air we breathe! As we suck oil out of the earth its causing the earth to die. Its like the earths blood for christ's sake!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ Feb 11 2006, 10:09 AM) [snapback]44249[/snapback][/center]

[/b]

exactly

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ispiobi @ Feb 11 2006, 11:41 AM) [snapback]44265[/snapback][/center]
I dont know much about religion but I firmly believe in it. I believe its awesome to grow your children up into it at a very young age so that they are taught morals and given a full conciousness of right and wrong. I believe religion has made its way very strong for this long for this very reason.

The crap going on over there is their problem. I stand on the grounds of getting our people the hell outta there. The United States needs to start pushing that fukking hydrogen motor now! They revealed it in working condition in 2004 and its 2006. WHERE THE FUCK IS IT? FUCK A HYBRID. PEOPLE ARE ALREADY SPENDING 50K+ ON CARS. Every damn gas station and corner store is owned by people from accross the seas now practically... so I guess they are selling us the fuel 2 times eh? Smart they are. LIKE BUSH SAID.. "THE UNITED STATES IS ADDICTED TO OIL" It must stop.

OIL FUKKING SUCKS! It is causing major pollution. It is causing world wars. It is causing people to be very greedy. Its killing us and half the people in the United States dont actually care or understand exactly what its doing to people. We are more worried about getting high, getting laid, and getting paid than we are about the air we breathe! As we suck oil out of the earth its causing the earth to die. Its like the earths blood for christ's sake!!
[/b]

Its true about the oil..its has caused and will continue to cause alot of problems in the world

I gotta disagree with the religion bit though..i dont think in todays world religion is vital and i think children are more than capable of learning about values, right and wrong without them ever picking a faith. I think its important for kids to learn about religions but to not have it forced upon them from birth like in many religious communities. I find that when you are highly religious you let things bother you that really you shouldnt..like the burning of a cartoon.

Back