To All Those Muslims Burning & Protesting That Cartoon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Farid @ Feb 10 2006, 02:14 PM) [snapback]43375[/snapback][/center]
ok i must admit when they make fun of Bob marley i do use it as an excuse to burn some shit :blink:
[/b]
What's a Bob Marley?!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Feb 11 2006, 08:29 AM) [snapback]43392[/snapback][/center]
What's a Bob Marley?!
[/b]
see what you made me do, where the heck are my matches

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Feb 10 2006, 05:30 PM) [snapback]43397[/snapback][/center]
Like El-D?! :mellow:
[/b]
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I like to be lightly toasted.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 10 2006, 09:41 AM) [snapback]42210[/snapback][/center]
The type you display your argument shows u hate muslims, I can count the same for christians. Those acts are carried by terrorists not muslims, if I take yr approach i could say christians nuked Japan, doesnt make any sense eh?

Becoz we are opressed by our countries which is backed by West to control the region is the answer to that charlatan.
[/b]
Let me point something out to you in that post hakan. "I know and understand that these bloodthirsty murderers do not represent the majority of the world's Muslims." Please make sure you read the whole thing before responding.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Feb 10 2006, 09:47 AM) [snapback]42213[/snapback][/center]
I was gonna say to Allanon, that he is generalizing Muslims here. Taking those that terrorize with those uneducated ones that are now being manipulated into these riots. Allanon is talking just of those Extremist Arabs. And well, you can't compare them both.
[/b]
See above

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allanon @ Feb 10 2006, 05:41 PM) [snapback]43429[/snapback][/center]
Let me point something out to you in that post hakan. "I know and understand that these bloodthirsty murderers do not represent the majority of the world's Muslims." Please make sure you read the whole thing before responding.
See above
[/b]
I like to use the edit button to change people's words so I can get the feeling that people agree with me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Durryynn @ Feb 10 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]42218[/snapback][/center]
thats a good question :p
Now here is what I have to say. Christians have the same amount if not more blood on their hands when we are talking about history here. They may not have had the proper equipment to do what the terrorist groups have done but they ahve made many cultures suffer in great numbers.
[/b]
Given the Crusades, I don't argue that. However, people are using this to justify or "understand" what these islamic terrorists have done. Just because similar things have been done in the past, doesnt make it ok.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allanon @ Feb 11 2006, 08:41 AM) [snapback]43429[/snapback][/center]
See above
[/b]

I read everything and I sure read that. Thats why I said 'the way u display yr argument', when ppl uses exaggeration or blatant false statements to strengthen their arguments, it leads an inquiring mind to find a motive, when there is smoke, there is fire.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gomi @ Feb 10 2006, 11:16 PM) [snapback]42517[/snapback][/center]
So the question we have to ask ourselves is Why do so many people resort to anger and violence when they feel offended? And when someone in our peer group is doing something that goes against our values and beliefs do we not stop them?

Example 1: The muslims that are protesting in the pictures holding signs talking about terrorist acts. Shouldn't someone say to them that that is not the they way of Islam? Apparently they need more teaching.

Example 2: The christians that bomb abortion agencies. Where are thier peers at protesting them? They apparently need alot of teaching.

and IMO people who resort to terrorist acts are not following the will of God.
[/b]
Yes, but here is the difference:

When that dude bombed that abortion clinic, Christians did speak out against him. The guy said he was a Christian, but Christians said he wasn't acting like one etc. etc. The reason the statements by Christians against this guy didnt make huge news is that they peaceful. Just statements, no burning of embassies etc. The Christians can support their side in saying "this guy doesn't represent all Christians" very easily. For the simple fact that Christians are not known for terrorist acts. Their statements against the bomber are supportable.

The difference comes in Islam in that terrorist attacks have become (sadly) the norm. See my list on page 14. So when a few Muslims that we may know as friends speak out against terrorism, they are becoming harder and harder to believe as more and more islamic terrorist attacks take place. This is compunded by the fact that few of the Islamic governments/leaders seem in a hurry to speak out against the jihad culture. Forgive me if I've missed it, but where is the press release from Iran, Saudi Arabia, or Syria denouncing this violence?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 11 2006, 08:52 AM) [snapback]43461[/snapback][/center]
I read everything and I sure read that. Thats why I said 'the way u display yr argument', when ppl uses exaggeration or blatant false statements to strengthen their arguments, it leads an inquiring mind to find a motive, when there is smoke, there is fire.
[/b]
Agreed, but those things happened hakan, they were real-world events. You're a muslim? cool. and you dont support terrorism? Great, I applaud you. But your part of the religion of Islam is far too quiet in comparison to the part that support terrorism and the elimination of "infidels".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allanon @ Feb 11 2006, 08:58 AM) [snapback]43468[/snapback][/center]

When that dude bombed that abortion clinic, Christians did speak out against him. The guy said he was a Christian, but Christians said he wasn't acting like one etc. etc. The reason the statements by Christians against this guy didnt make huge news is that they peaceful. Just statements, no burning of embassies etc. The Christians can support their side in saying "this guy doesn't represent all Christians" very easily. For the simple fact that Christians are not known for terrorist acts. Their statements against the bomber are supportable.

The difference comes in Islam in that terrorist attacks have become (sadly) the norm. See my list on page 14. So when a few Muslims that we may know as friends speak out against terrorism, they are becoming harder and harder to believe as more and more islamic terrorist attacks take place. This is compunded by the fact that few of the Islamic governments/leaders seem in a hurry to speak out against the jihad culture. Forgive me if I've missed it, but where is the press release from Iran, Saudi Arabia, or Syria denouncing this violence?
Agreed, but those things happened hakan, they were real-world events. You're a muslim? cool. and you dont support terrorism? Great, I applaud you. But your part of the religion of Islam is far too quiet in comparison to the part

that support terrorism and the elimination of "infidels".
[/b]

The emotion and thats the right word, most ppl mistakenly think this. "they found their curse' I was shocked to see this when i talked to some friends who despise terrorism normally when 9/11 happened. 2 wrongs doesnt make 1 right. And its sad that we fall to same trap all around the world. I am not trying to put blame on anyone, I am trying to see if we can even in this forum can find a mutual solution to the problem. As long as we cant decide what the disease is we cant find the remedy. I am not an utopist, I know it means very little what we think but like the chinese says even the highest peaks are reached with first step. This is a long road full of obstacles but if mankind wants peace some of us need to walk this road.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 11 2006, 12:19 AM) [snapback]43526[/snapback][/center]
The emotion and thats the right word, most ppl mistakenly think this. "they found their curse' I was shocked to see this when i talked to some friends who despise terrorism normally when 9/11 happened. 2 wrongs doesnt make 1 right. And its sad that we fall to same trap all around the world. I am not trying to put blame on anyone, I am trying to see if we can even in this forum can find a mutual solution to the problem. As long as we cant decide what the disease is we cant find the remedy. I am not an utopist, I know it means very little what we think but like the chinese says even the highest peaks are reached with first step. This is a long road full of obstacles but if mankind wants peace some of us need to walk this road.
[/b]

no, all of us need to walk this road, not just some.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Merlyn @ Feb 11 2006, 09:20 AM) [snapback]43528[/snapback][/center]
no, all of us need to walk this road, not just some.
[/b]
If people could walk a mile in other peoples shoes..........they would get fungus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Farid @ Feb 11 2006, 09:40 AM) [snapback]43573[/snapback][/center]
If people could walk a mile in other peoples shoes..........they would get fungus
[/b]
Or corns.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Farid @ Feb 10 2006, 06:40 PM) [snapback]43573[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

I thought the concept was to get away from the person and have their shoes....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allanon @ Feb 10 2006, 05:58 PM) [snapback]43468[/snapback][/center]

Agreed, but those things happened hakan, they were real-world events. You're a muslim? cool. and you dont support terrorism? Great, I applaud you. But your part of the religion of Islam is far too quiet in comparison to the part that support terrorism and the elimination of "infidels".
[/b]

Christians are generally taught to be forgiving, so there usually isn't that much of a backlash. We complain, say you did wrong, etc etc and get on with our lives.
The Muslim world, at least as far as I am aware, mainly through the news and internet, tends to use anything they can as the catalyst for riotting, burning, bombing, killing, etc.
Now I don't claim to be the best Christian out there, and my knowledge of Islam is all but non-existant, so if anyone can add clarification, please do. Especially Hakan, I am interested in hearing what Islamic teachings say on the topic of forgiveness, especially in light of something that can be taken offensively. I know some of their laws are harsh, but even with hard punishment, this reaction seems way overboard.

It's a frickin cartoon. To cause such violence over a damn cartoon is moronic... point blank.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ Feb 11 2006, 08:17 AM) [snapback]44123[/snapback][/center]
It's a frickin cartoon. To cause such violence over a damn cartoon is moronic... point blank.
[/b]

well I think that you need to understand it is not so much the cartoon as what it represents to the people, it upsets.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Merlyn @ Feb 11 2006, 02:47 AM) [snapback]44234[/snapback][/center]
well I think that you need to understand it is not so much the cartoon as what it represents to the people, it upsets.
[/b]
That's fine, but to kill over it... that's the point...

Back