Nintendo Wii - coming Nov. 19

Even though the consoles are getting better and better each gen

the computer is always > consoles

multitasking and upgrades ftw!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pawe @ Sep 15 2006, 11:09 AM) [snapback]117062[/snapback][/center]
Capcom and Squaresoft were origionally on Nintendo systems, and I am sure several would argue some of their better games were put out on the Nintendo systems.

SquareEnix has rescnelty shown a great deal of interest in working with Nintendo and while the regular generic Final Fantasy series titles are comming on the PS, they are making some games for Nintendo.
[/b]
I agree that they did, but PS didn't exist back then. It was the Nintendo vs. Sega war. Even Metal Gear was with Nintendo. To be honets, I never played those consoles.

SquareEnix has some multiplatform games listed (PS, Nintendo, PC, Xbox, etc...), but no exclusives with Nintendo, as of yet. Like the FF Series and Kingdom Hearts are Exclusive of PS so far. :p

But who cares, I'm happy as long as FF anf KH are with PS. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Sep 15 2006, 02:44 PM) [snapback]117086[/snapback][/center]
I agree that they did, but PS didn't exist back then. It was the Nintendo vs. Sega war. Even Metal Gear was with Nintendo. To be honets, I never played those consoles.

SquareEnix has some multiplatform games listed (PS, Nintendo, PC, Xbox, etc...), but no exclusives with Nintendo, as of yet. Like the FF Series and Kingdom Hearts are Exclusive of PS so far. :p

But who cares, I'm happy as long as FF anf KH are with PS. :D
[/b]
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles 2 is Wiiiiii exclusive ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Sep 16 2006, 04:54 AM) [snapback]117096[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
Not to mention all the good ol' games getting put out on the DS. :D

However, they are making a DS Final Fantasy game which looks like something from the late PS era (FFIX roughly) Looks like it might be fun.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pawe @ Sep 15 2006, 02:58 PM) [snapback]117099[/snapback][/center]
Not to mention all the good ol' games getting put out on the DS. :D

However, they are making a DS Final Fantasy game which looks like something from the late PS era (FFIX roughly) Looks like it might be fun.
[/b]
The DS one I believe is a remake of a one that never came to the US, FF3 remade with 3D graphics.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Sep 16 2006, 05:05 AM) [snapback]117106[/snapback][/center]
The DS one I believe is a remake of a one that never came to the US, FF3 remade with 3D graphics.
[/b]
It is in a gamecrazy mag I have. I'll read about it and post if you are correct or not.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Sep 16 2006, 05:05 AM) [snapback]117106[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
Correct.
but who cares FF sucks

PS3 and XBox 360 seem to be awaste of time and money. I'd rather buy a Wii and play the games that I grew up with (Zelda, Mario and Metroid) and then shell out massive cash on keeping my PC bleeding edge. PC games always > the PS3 and Xbox games end of story.

Halo was and always will be junk to devouted PC FPS'ers and its usually ported to PC as is GTA. The day Ninetendo games get ported to my PC is the day I drop consoles altogether. XBOX and PS3 have breat graphics and average games save a rare few. My PC will always be better then a console so why waste my time and money on 2 POS that wont touch because Im playing Wii and an awesome MMO on my PC with maxed graphics (sprinkle in a PC FPS).

Wii is for the kid in you...
XBox360 and PS3 are for the children...
PC gaming is for the men.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Huntress @ Sep 15 2006, 03:37 PM) [snapback]117145[/snapback][/center]
XBox360 and PS3 are for the children...
[/b]

So what you are saying is that you prefer men? :wtf:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Huntress @ Sep 16 2006, 05:37 AM) [snapback]117145[/snapback][/center]
PS3 and XBox 360 seem to be awaste of time and money. I'd rather buy a Wii and play the games that I grew up with (Zelda, Mario and Metroid) and then shell out massive cash on keeping my PC bleeding edge. PC games always > the PS3 and Xbox games end of story.

Halo was and always will be junk to devouted PC FPS'ers and its usually ported to PC as is GTA. The day Ninetendo games get ported to my PC is the day I drop consoles altogether. XBOX and PS3 have breat graphics and average games save a rare few. My PC will always be better then a console so why waste my time and money on 2 POS that wont touch because Im playing Wii and an awesome MMO on my PC with maxed graphics (sprinkle in a PC FPS).

XBox360 and PS3 are for frat boys who play nothing but Madden and Halo, then go watch a nice long MTV session.
[/b]
Fixed

Theres something to be said for comfortable gaming on a lounge chair, playing games on a 42 inch rear projection......as opposed to sitting at an, albeit comfortable, computer chair a foot away from a 20in. monitor....

If someone said to me I can only keep one system, it'd definitely be my pc and the others would go out the window, but I just can't overlook casual/comfortable gaming on consoles.

Back in the day, my apple IIc took a back seat to my nintendo/genesis in the early days :)

BTW, Konami and Capcom ruled the days of the NES.

I just ordered a new Video Card and mouse... Waiting on my cellphone rebate and then I'm possibly going to pre-order! :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Sep 16 2006, 06:54 AM) [snapback]117185[/snapback][/center]
Sony HD TV $2000
NFL Madden 07 $50
Sony PS3 $600
Having Fun playing with your friends Priceless
[/b]
Wii with Wii sports $250
Three Extra controllers = probably $100 or less
Regular nice TV that I already have = $0

Having more fun with my friends than BananaMan playing Madden for less money=Pricelesser

Sorry banana, but Sony's got this whole stance that graphics=good games. Sure they are fun to see, but what is different about Madden 07 on the PS3 than the XBox, 360, Gamecube, or PS2 other than the graphics?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pawe @ Sep 15 2006, 09:59 PM) [snapback]117187[/snapback][/center]
Wii with Wii sports $250
Three Extra controllers = probably $100 or less
Regular nice TV that I already have = $0

Having more fun with my friends than BananaMan playing Madden for less money=Pricelesser

Sorry banana, but Sony's got this whole stance that graphics=good games. Sure they are fun to see, but what is different about Madden 07 on the PS3 than the XBox, 360, Gamecube, or PS2 other than the graphics?
[/b]

I've worked in the console industry just over a year now, and I know it is not just graphics that are changed when altering a game for a multi platform release.

Changes include:

AI
Graphics
In depth features e.g. Different replay structures, and match analysis.
Functionality
Multiplayer abilities.

Some consoles cannot support extra features, so their copys of the game have the advanced features turned off. On the multi platform release of Fifa 2006 we turned features off for the consoles that we knew would not support them. This offers a clear parity between the game on the PS2 and XBOX 360, and players of Fifa 2006 will have noticed the differences I am sure.

The Wii maybe a good console, but Nintendo's backward thinking will undoubtedly be their downfall in the battle ahead. People may sight Nintendo as being more innovative and diverse than Sony or Microsoft, but in my opinion if you?re not embracing technology you are not developing a cognitive product, which will last the test of time.

The reason the Wii is so cheap is because of its limited functionality, but you?re not going to believe me. The Wii will not support the next batch 2007/08 of games to their full functionality, and game publisher will not spend extra cash on developing games for a system that is not embracing technology, which will be common place in the future. With the XBOX 360 and PS3 the consumer is getting a deal in which they know that their consoles will be able to support, and cope with the games of the future not just graphically, but technologically and process wise too.

The argument that the only difference in a multi-platform release is the graphics is either coming from someone who is unfortunately ill informed or extremely ignorant of the power of the XBOX 360 and the PS3 in the future of console gaming.

Trust me its not worth the hassle in a years time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Sep 15 2006, 05:22 PM) [snapback]117192[/snapback][/center]
I've worked in the console industry just over a year now, and I know it is not just graphics that are changed when altering a game for a multi platform release.

Changes include:

AI
Graphics
Functionality
Multiplayer abilities.

Some consoles cannot support extra features, so their copys of the game have the advanced features turned off. On the multi platform release of Fifa 2006 we turned features off for the consoles that we knew would not support them. This offers a clear parity between the game on the PS2 and XBOX 360, and players of Fifa 2006 will have noticed the differences I am sure.

The Wii maybe a good console, but Nintendo's backward thinking will undoubtedly be their downfall in the battle ahead. People may sight Nintendo as being more innovative and diverse than Sony or Microsoft, but in my opinion if you?re not embracing technology you are not developing a cognitive product, which will last the test of time.

The reason the Wii is so cheap is because of its limited functionality, but you?re not going to believe me. The Wii will not support the next batch 2007/08 of games to their full functionality, and game publisher will not spend extra cash on developing games for a system that is not embracing technology, which will be common place in the future. With the XBOX 360 and PS3 the consumer is getting a deal in which they know that their consoles will be able to support, and cope with the games of the future not just graphically, but technologically and process wise too.

The argument that the only difference in a multi-platform release is the graphics is either coming from someone who is unfortunately ill informed or extremely ignorant of the power of the XBOX 360 and the PS3 in the future of console gaming.

[/b]

SONY = FUCKTARDS

You keep talking, but all I see is " $ "

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Sep 15 2006, 05:22 PM) [snapback]117192[/snapback][/center]

Changes include:

AI
Graphics
Functionality
Multiplayer abilities.

[/b]
People always seem to forget though, the large stable of beloved franchises published by Nintendo themselves; which has always and in my opinion will always keep their consoles in the game despite all other factors. (Admittadly; I think N64 and Gamecube would have flopped completely if not for Nintendo's own excellence on the software side of things. Arguably, SONY and Microsoft don't have that advantage.)

Besides, embracing technology means nothing if you can't get it out at a priceline that people are willing to pay. I guess we''ll see what happens come X-mas :mellow:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Sep 15 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]117096[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
True, I totally forgot about that one...

But can it compete against the Remake of FFVII and the two games coming for FFXIII?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Sep 15 2006, 12:05 PM) [snapback]117106[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
That was a multiplatform, came out for the PSX and PC too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Sep 15 2006, 05:49 PM) [snapback]117201[/snapback][/center]
True, I totally forgot about that one...

But can it compete against the Remake of FFVII and the two games coming for FFXIII?
[/b]

Okay first, Final Fantasy is getting really fucking old. I've played them all, yes, and I don't plan on playing them again. The shits just getting repetitive.

Let me direct you here, a great editorial. But clearly, Final Fantasy (Final? yeah right, they are milking you for everything.. FFXXXXXXXXXXXXI soon?) is not worth $600.

As much as I like MGS, I'm not about to go blow $700 in a day for 10 hours of fun.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Akieo @ Sep 15 2006, 02:57 PM) [snapback]117207[/snapback][/center]
Okay first, Final Fantasy is getting really fucking old. I've played them all, yes, and I don't plan on playing them again. The shits just getting repetitive.

Let me direct you here, a great editorial. But clearly, Final Fantasy (Final? yeah right, they are milking you for everything.. FFXXXXXXXXXXXXI soon?) is not worth $600.

As much as I like MGS, I'm not about to go blow $700 in a day for 10 hours of fun.
[/b]
Yer loss. ;)

Back