Nintendo Wii - coming Nov. 19

I like Halo, but it is the only game worth buying, so I'm not buying the 360 just to play Halo 2 and 3. I might get Halo 2 for PC though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Sep 15 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]116720[/snapback][/center]
Yeah...I never liked the Halo series. But it will be a shame to miss Metal Gear Solid 4, FF13, GTA4, and Resident Evil 5. Besides those I haven't seen anything else appealing at all on PS3, so I don't think it's worth it to spend so much for just 4 games. I'd rather PS3 just fail so we can go back to having those series on a cheaper, more affordable console since I don't care about graphics that much...
[/b]

GTA4 is going to debut on the 360. Check out any E3 scoop for details.

To say the 360 isn't fun imo is not entirely true. While it hasn't had any completely killer app games, it has had its share of quality titles....GR, Dead Rising, NFS: HP, etc etc.

I am though, very excited about the wii, and now that they have a definitive release date I can head to gamestop tonight to plunk down my 5 bucks on a reserve. Can't wait to start DL'ing some old classics!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Settbacca @ Sep 15 2006, 10:44 PM) [snapback]116903[/snapback][/center]
Can't wait to start DL'ing some old classics!
[/b]
QFE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whewa @ Sep 15 2006, 08:25 AM) [snapback]116898[/snapback][/center]
fluffy, do you know what date you can preorder the wii?
[/b]

Right now sweetie, right now.

http://www.preorderwii.com/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Settbacca @ Sep 15 2006, 08:44 AM) [snapback]116903[/snapback][/center]
GTA4 is going to debut on the 360. Check out any E3 scoop for details.

To say the 360 isn't fun imo is not entirely true. While it hasn't had any completely killer app games, it has had its share of quality titles....GR, Dead Rising, NFS: HP, etc etc.

I am though, very excited about the wii, and now that they have a definitive release date I can head to gamestop tonight to plunk down my 5 bucks on a reserve. Can't wait to start DL'ing some old classics!
[/b]

/agree

As big of the fan of the Wii as I am, the Xbox360 certainly supplies an excellent argument in the fun range for a much more reasonable price as compared to console-who-must-not-be-named.

On a plus side for the 360, Gears of Wars is coming out in Nov. Trust me, this will be the killer app the 360 has been waiting for. I just have this feeling this is the game will live up to the hype.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Settbacca @ Sep 16 2006, 02:09 AM) [snapback]116995[/snapback][/center]
On a plus side for the 360, Gears of Wars is coming out in Nov. Trust me, this will be the killer app the 360 has been waiting for. I just have this feeling this is the game will live up to the hype.
[/b]
I could care less about it. It looks like an awesome game, it looks like it is going to be well made, it looks like I would enjoy playing it but... I can not play console FPS games. The Wii might actually change that, and if it ever comes out on the Wii (which wont happen) I would probably get it in a heart beat. Not that I am dissing the game, I just know that I would never play it so I don't get excited.

20060915.jpg

GoW isn't first person, its 3rd person :p

There is no question that console FPS can't compare to console FPS....well not yet at least....but its always that game that doesn't get ported to pc that gets me interested. Beside's Cliffy B has proven he can make top notch games with the UT series....under all his bravado and such he is a gamer at heart. I'm hoping it will turn out well.

Heh. Like I said not saying it will be anything shy of an awesome game, but I have tried playing console FPSs and I just find the controlls too clunky and slow and what not. They usually add a bit of auto aim to them, but it still just feels really weird to me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Sep 16 2006, 02:56 AM) [snapback]117030[/snapback][/center]
Meh, now I have to go out and get a job to buy it :p
[/b]
I am pawning my Ex's ring for it. :D

TAKE THAT BITCH!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Sep 14 2006, 08:22 PM) [snapback]116753[/snapback][/center]
Well.......the co-producer of FFXII is actually working for Nintendo now, not to mention with an FF game due out in the release date of the Wii, seeing an FF game or other Square products on the Wii might not be the most ridiculous idea ever hatched. Also, haven't you seen Capcom's growing relationship with Nintendo. Snake is in Super Melee and RE4 was a gigantic hit on the GC.

Halo, okay, I concede. Can't really top that. Honestly, even though I am getting a Wii, I can perfectly see the rational for buying the Xbox360. It is on the cusp of prices, but supplies the hardware and XBox live to justify the $100 higher price tag.

But 3 can play at this game:

Best sellers...

Zelda (N)
Metroid (N)
Mario (N)

nuff said in that regard.
[/b]
I didn't mentioned any Capcom game Mister. :p

I have never had an Xbox and I won't ever. Just know that Halo has a big hype, and it -IS- one of the most sold games. :p

Same goes for PS3. They both have pretty good and strong series. For example... :p Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Suikoden, Wild Arms, Soccom, Armored Core, Devil May Cry, Genji, Grand Turismo, Jak and Dexter, Gundam, Ratchet and Clank, Ridge Racer, Tekken, Getaway, Jikkyo, Generation of Chaos, Kingdom Hearts, Sly, Zone fo the Enders, Makai, Dynasty Warriors, Dark Cloud, Samurai Warriors, Grand Teft Auto. All this are Series that have been with PS for a while and are now Exclusives. I don't enjoy them all, but as every console, it has a bit for everyone. :p

Okie now, I'm gonna go duck somewhere safe. *giggle*

:unsure:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Sep 16 2006, 03:57 AM) [snapback]117054[/snapback][/center]
I didn't mentioned any Capcom game Mister. :p

[/b]
Capcom and Squaresoft were origionally on Nintendo systems, and I am sure several would argue some of their better games were put out on the Nintendo systems.

SquareEnix has rescnelty shown a great deal of interest in working with Nintendo and while the regular generic Final Fantasy series titles are comming on the PS, they are making some games for Nintendo.

Back