Is the XBox 360 hype over?

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
Was it a flop, like i predicted? Is everyone too infused with their PSPs and stuff to even bother with 360? I seriously haven't heard much about it in at least two months.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Feb 21 2006, 03:48 AM) [snapback]48140[/snapback][/center]
Was it a flop, like i predicted? Is everyone too infused with their PSPs and stuff to even bother with 360? I seriously haven't heard much about it in at least two months.
[/b]

Flop....surely not. Release date games blowing people away...okay, maybe not. I am sure a host of games will start being released for the 360 to justify the price, but as of right now a lot of the games out sort of look like regular XBox games. /shrug

Sales show that it is certainly not a flop.

Me? I am waiting for the Revolution to come out, the ability to download any game from the NES, SNES, N64 library to play at home will be well worth it to me.

Last console i bought was the N64. I'm a classic console gamer. My collection includes:

NES
Original Game Boy
Atari Lynx
Sega Saturn
Sega Game Gear
Nintendo 64

IN greece, my cousins have the original Atari, and Sega Megadrive, as well as SuperVision.

I know alot of people (including myself and 5 or 6 of my good friends) arent buying it cause=

1. the 360s overheat and break within 2 weeks. only suppose to happen to "15-25%", but out of millions, thats a fucking lot for over $400
2. Games are $10 more then the old ones, and the graphics arent even THAT great
3. My Xbox broke in under a year. you think im gonna waste my money on another product that will break easily?

To sum it up- wait for the PS3. at least Sony is taking their time with it to make sure all the bugs are worked out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Feb 21 2006, 03:55 AM) [snapback]48145[/snapback][/center]
Last console i bought was the N64. I'm a classic console gamer. My collection includes:

NES
Original Game Boy
Atari Lynx
Sega Saturn
Sega Game Gear
Nintendo 64

IN greece, my cousins have the original Atari, and Sega Megadrive, as well as SuperVision.
[/b]

Even more reason for you to buy the Revolution when it comes out ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Feb 21 2006, 03:52 AM) [snapback]48144[/snapback][/center]
Sales show that it is certainly not a flop.
[/b]
you can never truely say that. Go see a shitty T0om Cruise movie.
The movie Sucks
The acting sucks
the direction sucks
Making $600 million dollars.

Point- people will buy anything "just because" of what came before or what they heard, not because the product is worth it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Feb 21 2006, 03:56 AM) [snapback]48146[/snapback][/center]
I know alot of people (including myself and 5 or 6 of my good friends) arent buying it cause=

1. the 360s overheat and break within 2 weeks. only suppose to happen to "15-25%", but out of millions, thats a fucking lot for over $400
2. Games are $10 more then the old ones, and the graphics arent even THAT great
3. My Xbox broke in under a year. you think im gonna waste my money on another product that will break easily?

To sum it up- wait for the PS3. at least Sony is taking their time with it to make sure all the bugs are worked out.
[/b]

1. Both the PS2 and the XBox have had horrendous track records when it came to life of product. Do you expect the PS3 to be any different?

2. The games for the PS3 will also be $10 more, but yeah the graphics have been unimpressive so far.

3. Can't blame you there. Once you are burned like that it is hard to go back.

To sum it up - buy the Nintendo Revolution when it comes out. :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Feb 21 2006, 03:58 AM) [snapback]48150[/snapback][/center]
you can never truely say that. Go see a shitty T0om Cruise movie.
The movie Sucks
The acting sucks
the direction sucks
Making $600 million dollars.

Point- people will buy anything "just because" of what came before or what they heard, not because the product is worth it.
[/b]

Right, the movie might truly sucks (assume you are talking about War of the Worlds), but that doesn't mean it was a flop. Sales good = Success in buisness eyes, regardless fo quality. The vusa versa is also true. Fuck, Serenity can be considered a flop. :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Feb 21 2006, 04:01 AM) [snapback]48151[/snapback][/center]
1. Both the PS2 and the XBox have had horrendous track records when it came to life of product. Do you expect the PS3 to be any different? my ps2 lasted over 2 yrs without problems, now it wont play dvds but plays games fine. I hope the PS3 acts like that
My xbox stopped playing dvds after just under 10 mths, and 2.5 mths later wonmt play games at all. Yes, with heavy playing i expect it not to last, but last under a year?

2. The games for the PS3 will also be $10 more, actually Sony has done almost everything but promise that the new games will be cheaper then $50, because of the new format PS3 games are recorded onto disk. its a much faster and cheaper process, and every game Ive seen the grapics look better then my real tv.

3. Can't blame you there. Once you are burned like that it is hard to go back.

To sum it up - buy the Nintendo Revolution when it comes out. :lol: Im sorry, I dont live Nintendo- they try to focus on younger kids,not young adults. no hard feelings there- kids their base market.

Right, the movie might truly sucks (assume you are talking about War of the Worlds), but that doesn't mean it was a flop. Sales good = Success in buisness eyes, regardless fo quality. The vusa versa is also true. Fuck, Serenity can be considered a flop. :(
[/b]
lol, actually fluf i was talking about WotW, The Last Samuri, MI2, and pretty much every other movie the fat-headed Im-god'sgreatest-gift-to-acting dude has been in recently, save for Collateral. that movie kicked ass!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Feb 21 2006, 04:10 AM) [snapback]48155[/snapback][/center]
lol, actually fluf i was talking about WotW, The Last Samuri, MI2, and pretty much every other movie the fat-headed Im-god'sgreatest-gift-to-acting dude has been in recently, save for Collateral. that movie kicked ass!
[/b]

Hey, I hope you are right. I hope the PS3 games come for $50, and that it is better made than the PS2. But I am not exactly counting on it, y'know.

As for Cruise.../sigh I hate him, I truly do...damn scientologist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Feb 21 2006, 04:14 AM) [snapback]48158[/snapback][/center]
Hey, I hope you are right. I hope the PS3 games come for $50, and that it is better made than the PS2. But I am not exactly counting on it, y'know.

As for Cruise.../sigh I hate him, I truly do...damn scientologist
[/b]
ROFL heard the labor rules? no noises, no drugs, shit like that. come on. Im all for the drugs and the screaming. Defintly a "religion" created by a man.

and if the PS3 will last over 2 years with seriously heavy use ( i mean like 3-5 hrs a day, every day), Id be happy too

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Feb 21 2006, 04:19 AM) [snapback]48165[/snapback][/center]
ROFL heard the labor rules? no noises, no drugs, shit like that. come on. Im all for the drugs and the screaming. Defintly a "religion" created by a man.

and if the PS3 will last over 2 years with seriously heavy use ( i mean like 3-5 hrs a day, every day), Id be happy too
[/b]

Scientology is FAR worse than what you listed there. I assume you have seen this site. Yeah, all the ugly evils about that "religion" can be found there. If you didn't see the South Park episode about it, dwonload it from there. F---ing classic.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Feb 21 2006, 04:22 AM) [snapback]48167[/snapback][/center]
Scientology is FAR worse than what you listed there. I assume you have seen this site. Yeah, all the ugly evils about that "religion" can be found there. If you didn't see the South Park episode about it, dwonload it from there. F---ing classic.
[/b]
ROFL, nah i actually heard that from Intouch Magazine. but yeah its crazy i dont even understand what the hell the religion is about.. or for..
they worship the sun or atoms or something

You see the recent news that the PS3's are going to cost Sony $900 to make initially? In 3 years time it will eventually fall to $325 per unit. That's insane. It's very likely Sony will lose over $1 billion in hardware sales alone in the first year.

And no, the 360 is not a flop. It's been doing pretty damn well. It is a flop in Japan, however.

And the Nintendo DS is slaughtering the PSP.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Feb 21 2006, 04:24 AM) [snapback]48169[/snapback][/center]
ROFL, nah i actually heard that from Intouch Magazine. but yeah its crazy i dont even understand what the hell the religion is about.. or for..
they worship the sun or atoms or something

[/b]

/sigh

Just read the quick FAQ.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reek @ Feb 21 2006, 04:31 AM) [snapback]48172[/snapback][/center]
You see the recent news that the PS3's are going to cost Sony $900 to make initially? In 3 years time it will eventually fall to $325 per unit. That's insane. It's very likely Sony will lose over $1 billion in hardware sales alone in the first year. nah but i have heard the games are being made much cheaper. and with the PS3's processers, i wouldnt be surprised. and How much didthe Xbox lose? A: BILLIONS

And no, the 360 is not a flop. It's been doing pretty damn well. It is a flop in Japan, however. The 1st xbox was a flop in Japan too, and once again, just cause it has good sale doesnt mean its not a flop. I havent heard that much good stuff compaired to bad stuff honestly
And the Nintendo DS is slaughtering the PSP. Nintendo's handheld has always slaughtered the compition.
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Feb 21 2006, 04:10 AM) [snapback]48155[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
i like wotw and the last samurai..mi2 another story :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ruler-jimbo @ Feb 21 2006, 04:41 AM) [snapback]48179[/snapback][/center]
i like wotw and the last samurai..mi2 another story :p
[/b]

Last Samurai just pissed me off. Almost walked out when the woman dressed Cruise up in the dude's armor in the end of the movie.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Feb 21 2006, 04:44 AM) [snapback]48183[/snapback][/center]
Last Samurai just pissed me off. Almost walked out when the woman dressed Cruise up in the dude's armor in the end of the movie.
[/b]
Like Paul Mooney said "the Last Samurai is horrible. I got a new one for you - its called The Last Ni**er on Earth, starring Tom Hanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Feb 21 2006, 04:48 AM) [snapback]48184[/snapback][/center]
Pfft last samurai was awesome!
[/b]

If you like crap!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Feb 21 2006, 04:48 AM) [snapback]48185[/snapback][/center]
Like Paul Mooney said "the Last Samurai is horrible. I got a new one for you - its called The Last Ni**er on Earth, starring Tom Hanks
[/b]

ROFL!

:lol:

Back