You tell me all, and I'll tell you:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Sep 14 2006, 11:33 PM) [snapback]116233[/snapback][/center]
I do know that the U.S. still leads the world in school-related homocides, gun violence among children, and suicide. And the reasons are the ones stated above: the shitty music they listen to that is all about anger, hate, depression, and violence; the weather in many areas (haven't had a day of sun in Chicago since I got back from Greece); the lifestyle (stress and work dominate fun and relaxation); peer pressure and competition (blame parents and society for this one).
[/b]
Like Tupac?

judgemental? yes. facts are facts though. i may have been judgemental but what i said holds true, even if it is out of context

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gomi @ Sep 14 2006, 09:16 AM) [snapback]116263[/snapback][/center]
Like Tupac? [/b]
pretty much, except tupac was an advocate of change for the better. Yes, tupac had some songs full of violence and rage, but the lyrics in the majority of his songs his lyrics are brilliant in calling upon change to the racial, political, and socioeconomic system of America.

his lyrics were intelligent, instead of just emotional rants pertaining to nothing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Sep 14 2006, 09:19 AM) [snapback]116264[/snapback][/center]
judgemental? yes. facts are facts though. i may have been judgemental but what i said holds true, even if it is out of context

pretty much, except tupac was an advocate of change for the better. Yes, tupac had some songs full of violence and rage, but the lyrics in the majority of his songs his lyrics are brilliant in calling upon change to the racial, political, and socioeconomic system of America.

his lyrics were intelligent, instead of just emotional rants pertaining to nothing [/b]

Tupac:

Can you imagine me in player mode, rush the tricks
I got em ready for a booty call, I fucked your bitch (Ha hah!)
Was it me or the fame? My dick or the game?
Bet I scream WESSYDE when I came (wessyde, ha ha ha)
Scream my name, cause baby it's delicious got a weak spot
for pretty bitches up and down, similar to switches
My movement, baby let your back get into it
Make it fluid, in and out, all around when a ###### do it
You got me high! Let me come inside!

real deep meaningful lyrics Tupac has there :rolleyes:
</span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Sep 14 2006, 09:19 AM) [snapback]116264[/snapback][/center]

his lyrics were intelligent, instead of just emotional rants pertaining to nothing [/b]
QFE

:some pithy, esoteric words:
:something that rhymes:
:some explitives:
:guitar solo:
:screaming:
:less pithy lyrics:
:catchy hook:
:rapping:
:pithy-ish lyrics:
:destroy guitar:

Do I win?

1058_main.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SynTaXx-Wrath @ Sep 14 2006, 09:38 AM) [snapback]116280[/snapback][/center]
how asstrus of you to QFE yourself
[/b]
lol, I guess I'm Astrus under stav's account. I QFE'd myself while bolding out a certain portion to make you re-read the part you missed in order to disprove your accusation. It's much more convenient than me saying, "no I didn't say that" and you saying "yes you did" and then we was 30 posts trying to prove whether or not i said it. This cuts straight to the point and saves me the headache

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Sep 14 2006, 10:14 AM) [snapback]116317[/snapback][/center]
lol, I guess I'm Astrus under stav's account. I QFE'd myself while bolding out a certain portion to make you re-read the part you missed in order to disprove your accusation. It's much more convenient than me saying, "no I didn't say that" and you saying "yes you did" and then we was 30 posts trying to prove whether or not i said it. This cuts straight to the point and saves me the headache
[/b]
Or why don't you actually listen to the majority of Tupac's songs instead of just what was on the radio and realize that more often than not his songs were pointless and less awe inspiring than you make them out to be.

lol, look who is talking. Go listen to all of his songs (i have all his albums). You'll see that most of his songs deliver political, economic, and racial equality messages

hell, i can just point to one song from his first album to sum up his message in most of his songs: I Don't Give A Fuck.

actually, let me list some songs of the top of my head:

I Don't Give A Fuck
Dear Mama
Changes
Brenda's Got A Baby
Part Time Mutha
Trapped
The Streetz Are Death Row
Last Word
Keep Ya Head Up
Ambition Az A Ridah
I Ain't Mad At Cha
California Love
Life Goes ON
Picture Me Rollin

In particular, his All Eyez On Me and Me Against The World albums were his most influential when it came to his message

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Sep 14 2006, 10:34 AM) [snapback]116332[/snapback][/center]
lol, look who is talking. Go listen to all of his songs (i have all his albums). You'll see that most of his songs deliver political, economic, and racial equality messages

hell, i can just point to one song from his first album to sum up his message in most of his songs: I Don't Give A Fuck.

actually, let me list some songs of the top of my head:

I Don't Give A Fuck
Dear Mama
Changes
Brenda's Got A Baby
Part Time Mutha
Trapped
The Streetz Are Death Row
Last Word
Keep Ya Head Up
Ambition Az A Ridah
I Ain't Mad At Cha
California Love
Life Goes ON
Picture Me Rollin

In particular, his All Eyez On Me and Me Against The World albums were his most influential when it came to his message [/b]

Stav, you sit there and bash Noah for some lyrics to songs and artists you don't know. I have atleast listened to Tupac.. sorry, but he isn't this great political/social icon you are making him. I am glad you liked his music and miss him, but trashing someone for quoting lyrics you don't know is beneith you.

Anyone dumb enough to kill themselves or go on a murder spree because of the music they listen to deserves to be 6 feet under anyways. Plus, it isn't just the music the kids listen to during school, it is the fact that they feel the need to single themselves out from all of the other "cool" kids and then they cry that said kids do not like them. Sure there is probably some name calling, belittleing, and bullying going on..but if music is making you kill people then you are a fuck job in the first place.

whoa there, we just did a 180 and looptylooped to the previous roller coaster and landed inside Space Mountain. Back to the bashing noah's lyrics thing. I conceded here:
judgemental? yes. facts are facts though. i may have been judgemental but what i said holds true, even if it is out of context[/b]
As far as tupac, he is still recieving awards for his work as early as last year, and is still the top selling rap artist of all time. Can't be a top selling rapper with beats only, gotta have the lyrics. I mean, his whole theme was Thug Life

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Sep 15 2006, 01:59 AM) [snapback]116373[/snapback][/center]
As far as tupac, he is still recieving awards for his work as early as last year, and is still the top selling rap artist of all time. Can't be a top selling rapper with beats only, gotta have the lyrics. I mean, his whole theme was Thug Life
[/b]
But lyrics and beats does not always = incredible sales. Now of days the mainstream rap they play at clubs/on radio is crap, but since they are played everywhere they are the ones selling a ton. There are much better rappers with much better lyrics that don't sell as many coppies of their albums, so saying that huge sales=good rapper doesn't always hold water.

yes, but this was 10-20 years ago when Rap was coming into the mainstream. The artists that sold were the ones who connected with the audience and were able to tie into the personal lives of the audience

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SynTaXx-Wrath @ Sep 15 2006, 12:36 AM) [snapback]116276[/snapback][/center]
real deep meaningful lyrics Tupac has there :rolleyes:
[/size][/size][/font]
[/b]
but yopu dont make a point if your "blind" and only look at the words, not what they represnt/mean. how many kids in Compton will listen to Gospel telling them to get their heads right vs how many would listen to Tupac say it, in a manner they can relate to.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Sep 14 2006, 11:39 AM) [snapback]116426[/snapback][/center]
yes, but this was 10-20 years ago when Rap was coming into the mainstream. The artists that sold were the ones who connected with the audience and were able to tie into the personal lives of the audience [/b]
Tupac sucks dick and you know it. The only thing that is saving you face right now is the fact you are cute. Other than that I would be reaming you a new one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Sep 14 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]116437[/snapback][/center]
but yopu dont make a point if your "blind" and only look at the words, not what they represnt/mean. how many kids in Compton will listen to Gospel telling them to get their heads right vs how many would listen to Tupac say it, in a manner they can relate to. [/b]
lol how have you been shaggz? :hug:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SynTaXx-Wrath @ Sep 15 2006, 02:47 AM) [snapback]116438[/snapback][/center]
Tupac sucks dick and you know it. The only thing that is saving you face right now is the fact you are cute. Other than that I would be reaming you a new one.
[/b]
saying Tupac sucks is the same as saying Eric Clapton cant play the guitar worth shit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Sep 14 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]116440[/snapback][/center]
saying Tupac sucks is the same as saying Eric Clapton cant play the guitar worth shit. [/b]
Don't get me started on his shit.. "would you know my name" cry me a river.

Back