Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stecen Segal

• Vin Diesel

• Arnie

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Akieo @ Jan 18 2006, 07:48 AM) [snapback]29562[/snapback][/center]
The only reason David beat Goliath was because he took karate lesson from Chuck Norris.
[/b]
my sensi taught chuck norris everything he knows...as well as he did me :lol: pwned!

I'll tell you the one fucker you don't wanna get angry is Gary Coleman.
Arnies lucky Gary didn't take that whole Governor business seriously and deliver a Terminator sized beat-down.

I'm relatively certain that even Chuck Norris crosses the street when Gary's looking for trouble.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Feb 1 2006, 12:30 PM) [snapback]38188[/snapback][/center]
The things that everybody learned after the first few UFCs (WAY back when, before McCain got it banned):

1. Kung Fu & Muai Thai guys learned to grapple
2. Jiu Jitsu guys learned how to kickbox
3. Karate guys stayed home.

Got to be well rounded, learning just one disciple is nice, but will leave you at a disadvantage at some point in a fight.
[/b]

to be honest, I seldom watched UFC or K1, I rather do stuff like that myself than watching ;)
Don't know about Muay Thai exactly, but isn't grappling not allowed in Muay Thai?
That's what I prefer in San Da. Compared to MT you were not allowed to use knees and elbows, but we were allowed to grapple, use throws, knockdowns, and hey, if the opponent is on the floor, bad for him, as it continues on the floor ^^

your 3 points may fit to UFC/other similar stuff, but as said, seldom watched it, so can't judge. My personal experience is, that Jiu Jitsu (what are we talking here at all? Origina Japanese JJ? In Germany you also get Jiu Jitsu / Ju Jutsu which is not Japanese, don't know the actual heritage anymore... German police trains in it quite a lot, lots of JJ schools in Germany are with a trainer who's a cop, or something... Or do you mean Brazilian Jiu Jitsu? that's good for ground fighting ^^ )

Karate guys stayed at home? Wasn't it in the K1 where 7 Kyokushinkai Karateka fought against 7 other people with other MA, and it ended up 7:0 for the Kyokushinkai?

well, what I meant with has all, sure, there's none ultimative MA out there, otherwise all others would've been forgotten in the time, should have specified that in my last post, sorry ;)
For me my Mantis has everything I need/want, you have hand to hand, hand against weapon, weapon/weapon, and San Da with above regulations (may be, that different San Da regulations exist, I only know above/our one from my school back in Germany [fuck I miss that most, as there's no 7 Star Mantis in London *cry* ])
It is always good to know especially your ways around with stuff that you easily can transform into a weapon if really really needed, and you even know your way around with it. in 1vs1, I prefer of course weapon less and go in or stay in kick distance (hey, I'm 6ft4 / 194cm big, my legs are long ^^ )

Also I prefer though learning one discipline/MA rather completely, then mixing it up with two. especially if you start two at the same time, can be hard. Though it's not bad having a view/experience in other stuff :)
Actually in Germany I trained in 3 MAs same time (whereas Chen Taijiquan counts as MA here, which it actually also is :) )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Feb 2 2006, 01:10 AM) [snapback]38119[/snapback][/center]
yeah if you watch UFC...if they havent got good ground control or a jujitso background they are fucked, like wise without a good standup game.
[/b]

it's true Boxing+Wrestling/Jujitsu > Every other fighting form known to man.

I'd love to see the Tae Kwon Do master that could beat up Chuck Liddel.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZorinKeyes @ Feb 2 2006, 01:20 AM) [snapback]38459[/snapback][/center]
it's true Boxing+Wrestling/Jujitsu > Every other fighting form known to man.
I'd love to see the Tae Kwon Do master that could beat up Chuck Liddel.
[/b]

i dont know about other organisations but im taught locks and holds etc and a kickboxer would kickboxer/tkd anyone who can kick would kick the shit out of a boxer...boxing is not my idea of a stand up game because your only using your fists...ever watch k1 where the boxers come in and get pawned with one turning kick to the head?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Feb 2 2006, 09:42 PM) [snapback]38542[/snapback][/center]
i dont know about other organisations but im taught locks and holds etc and a kickboxer would kickboxer/tkd anyone who can kick would kick the shit out of a boxer...boxing is not my idea of a stand up game because your only using your fists...ever watch k1 where the boxers come in and get pawned with one turning kick to the head?
[/b]

Mui Thai + Brazillian Jiu Jitsu = fun.

But essentially that is starting to gravitate towards JKD, which brings us back to our original debate.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RSCIW @ Feb 2 2006, 09:03 AM) [snapback]38396[/snapback][/center]
to be honest, I seldom watched UFC or K1, I rather do stuff like that myself than watching ;)
Don't know about Muay Thai exactly, but isn't grappling not allowed in Muay Thai?
That's what I prefer in San Da. Compared to MT you were not allowed to use knees and elbows, but we were allowed to grapple, use throws, knockdowns, and hey, if the opponent is on the floor, bad for him, as it continues on the floor ^^

That's exactly the point, whatever MA you choose, it is going to have a disadvantage in a field. Thus a MT guy is going to have a field day with someone not used to having elbows and knees thrown at them. Oh and what is wrong with watching AND doing? Why does it have to be mutually exclusive?

your 3 points may fit to UFC/other similar stuff, but as said, seldom watched it, so can't judge. My personal experience is, that Jiu Jitsu (what are we talking here at all? Origina Japanese JJ? In Germany you also get Jiu Jitsu / Ju Jutsu which is not Japanese, don't know the actual heritage anymore... German police trains in it quite a lot, lots of JJ schools in Germany are with a trainer who's a cop, or something... Or do you mean Brazilian Jiu Jitsu? that's good for ground fighting ^^ )

They were not my 3 points, that was taken from an article written a long time ago. And we are talking Brazillian Jiu Jitsu, it has much more variable applications than the more traditional JJ, not nearly as rigid, and hell it is still evolving as we speak.

Karate guys stayed at home? Wasn't it in the K1 where 7 Kyokushinkai Karateka fought against 7 other people with other MA, and it ended up 7:0 for the Kyokushinkai?

well, what I meant with has all, sure, there's none ultimative MA out there, otherwise all others would've been forgotten in the time, should have specified that in my last post, sorry ;)
For me my Mantis has everything I need/want, you have hand to hand, hand against weapon, weapon/weapon, and San Da with above regulations (may be, that different San Da regulations exist, I only know above/our one from my school back in Germany [fuck I miss that most, as there's no 7 Star Mantis in London *cry* ])
It is always good to know especially your ways around with stuff that you easily can transform into a weapon if really really needed, and you even know your way around with it. in 1vs1, I prefer of course weapon less and go in or stay in kick distance (hey, I'm 6ft4 / 194cm big, my legs are long ^^ )

Also I prefer though learning one discipline/MA rather completely, then mixing it up with two. especially if you start two at the same time, can be hard. Though it's not bad having a view/experience in other stuff :)
Actually in Germany I trained in 3 MAs same time (whereas Chen Taijiquan counts as MA here, which it actually also is :) )

I started with learning BJJ for a while, but before I went into more "elite" training I took up JKD. The two mixed beautifully, and I purposely stopped training in BJJ for a while so that I would not get too rigid and deep into one MA while trying to learn a second. It left learning the 2nd one far easier and helped blend the two better.

[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Feb 2 2006, 09:42 PM) [snapback]38542[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

i shoulda wrote kickboxing/boxing because i agree, and i actually thought about editing it afterwards but didnt care that much

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stomis @ Feb 3 2006, 08:55 AM) [snapback]38970[/snapback][/center]
What ever happened to good ol american brawls where you just punch each other in the face?
[/b]

they got better. After punching the guy in the face, you break his arms on the ground.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZorinKeyes @ Feb 2 2006, 08:13 PM) [snapback]39058[/snapback][/center]
they got better. After punching the guy in the face, you break his arms on the ground.
[/b]
and then you get Zorin to steal his shoes...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZorinKeyes @ Feb 3 2006, 01:13 PM) [snapback]39058[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

Or his legs.

Back