Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stecen Segal

• Vin Diesel

• Arnie

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Jan 18 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]30584[/snapback][/center]
Bruce Lee would beat the shit out of all of them. He'd then rip their hearts out and squeeze the blood out into a glass and drink it, cause Bruce Lee likes his blood wine fresh and hot. Bruce Lee FTW
[/b]
qfe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scally666 @ Jan 18 2006, 09:20 PM) [snapback]30616[/snapback][/center]
bruce lee was pretty uber...he studied alot of martial artforms and ended up making his own style of martial art forgot its name but it was pretty amazing.

I have a video of him doin like 20 press ups on his little finger, what made bruce so strong was the fact he trained very very hard. Thats probably the reason he recovered so well for having his back broken.

anyway out of the 4 id say segal cos hes the glimmerman!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Jan 19 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]30816[/snapback][/center]
bruce lee was pretty uber...he studied alot of martial artforms and ended up making his own style of martial art forgot its name but it was pretty amazing.

I have a video of him doin like 20 press ups on his little finger, what made bruce so strong was the fact he trained very very hard. Thats probably the reason he recovered so well for having his back broken.

anyway out of the 4 id say segal cos hes the glimmerman!
[/b]

Jet Kun Do (Jee Koon Doh!)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Jan 19 2006, 12:06 PM) [snapback]30847[/snapback][/center]
Jet Kun Do (Jee Koon Doh!)
[/b]

Tons of fun to learn, very easy as well. The simplicity of it is the beautiful part. Why try to force a consistent style that won't work for every situation, just switch to a style that is more adapt given the fight.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Jan 19 2006, 02:53 PM) [snapback]31126[/snapback][/center]
Tons of fun to learn, very easy as well. The simplicity of it is the beautiful part. Why try to force a consistent style that won't work for every situation, just switch to a style that is more adapt given the fight.
[/b]

lol its not as easy as that...i got to orange belt in karate and then started taekwondo, obviosuly 2 totally different styles and i found myself getting really confused and ended up having to unlearn most of my karate. Some bits of the karate helped but others were more of a hinderence.

I dont do karate anymore because i enjoy my taekwondo soo much more and its better suited to my style and i find the sparring much more enjoyable and relaxed. If it were me i would just stick with one style and make it work lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ker-ri @ Jan 19 2006, 05:35 PM) [snapback]31291[/snapback][/center]
Though this is unbalanced poll no one included
Bruce LEE-roy now HE is the master!
[/b]
dont you ever speak again!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Jan 20 2006, 01:47 AM) [snapback]31228[/snapback][/center]
lol its not as easy as that...i got to orange belt in karate and then started taekwondo, obviosuly 2 totally different styles and i found myself getting really confused and ended up having to unlearn most of my karate. Some bits of the karate helped but others were more of a hinderence.

I dont do karate anymore because i enjoy my taekwondo soo much more and its better suited to my style and i find the sparring much more enjoyable and relaxed. If it were me i would just stick with one style and make it work lol
[/b]

That's the point though, you don't get confused between different styles because you are not forced into a specific stance or form in a single discipline. If you are not forced into it, then there is no confusion. It is more fluid then any one singular style. I found transitioning through JKD very, very easy. Much easier than any of the other arts I studied. It simply made sense.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Jan 20 2006, 03:43 AM) [snapback]31292[/snapback][/center]
dont you ever speak again!
[/b]

:blink:

come on who didn't like that movie? that is classic 80's :)

hm, the problem about Jeet Kune Do is, that is was actually created solely for Lee himself...
It wasn't based on a system to also be able for others to learn it how Bruce Lee created it for himself...

TKD hm? as you're studying TKD, you actually should know, that good ol' Chuckie created a TKD style (don't know anymore the name, was it Chun do Kwan? )

and in my opinion you don't need an MMA for several different situations, certain MAs have all stuff in it you need :)

Me for my part, I prefer Seven Star Mantis, and especially the San Da part of it :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ker-ri @ Jan 19 2006, 11:30 AM) [snapback]31353[/snapback][/center]
:blink:

come on who didn't like that movie? that is classic 80's :)
[/b]
Sho'nuff, the Shogun of Harlem!

and who the hell is Stecan Segal, and who voted for him?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ Feb 1 2006, 02:16 PM) [snapback]38013[/snapback][/center]
Sho'nuff, the Shogun of Harlem!

and who the hell is Stecan Segal, and who voted for him?
[/b]
Indiana jones owns them all.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Jan 31 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback]38020[/snapback][/center]
Indiana jones owns them all.
[/b]
yup yup yup... except for Chuck Norris, of course. Indiana Jones and Jack Bauer were created to take care of Chuck's light work...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RSCIW @ Feb 1 2006, 04:12 AM) [snapback]38011[/snapback][/center]
hm, the problem about Jeet Kune Do is, that is was actually created solely for Lee himself...
It wasn't based on a system to also be able for others to learn it how Bruce Lee created it for himself...

TKD hm? as you're studying TKD, you actually should know, that good ol' Chuckie created a TKD style (don't know anymore the name, was it Chun do Kwan? )

and in my opinion you don't need an MMA for several different situations, certain MAs have all stuff in it you need :)

Me for my part, I prefer Seven Star Mantis, and especially the San Da part of it :D
[/b]

i fought some americans who did chun do kwan in a TTA tourney, people who do chun-do-kwan like to use knees and you arent aloud to use your knees in our federation...although i did see some pople who did chun-do kwan kickin some major ass in UFC.

My taekwondo instructor...funny enough is jorahs older brother if you remember him also knows alot of juitso/akido locks and holds and likes to mix it up so we are street defence viable etc but i do see a large overlap between some martial arts...karate and tkd as a good example.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RSCIW @ Feb 1 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]38011[/snapback][/center]

[/b]

Hmmmmmmm, in my opinion JKD's beauty came with the fact that it was relatively simple to learn. You stop forcing people into an exact form, and instead allow their stance to change which lead to better position and better opportunity, thus not needing more complex movements to achieve the same goal.

If you are talking discpline, control, exercise, you're right, certain MAs are great. However if we are talking about fighting (not in a point systems) then MMAs are far, far superior. Oh I would like to hear which MAs you think have all the stuff you need. Curious, not a flame, please tell me. I would like to debate this more.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Feb 1 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]38112[/snapback][/center]
Hmmmmmmm, in my opinion JKD's beauty came with the fact that it was relatively simple to learn. You stop forcing people into an exact form, and instead allow their stance to change which lead to better position and better opportunity, thus not needing more complex movements to achieve the same goal.

If you are talking discpline, control, exercise, you're right, certain MAs are great. However if we are talking about fighting (not in a point systems) then MMAs are far, far superior. Oh I would like to hear which MAs you think have all the stuff you need. Curious, not a flame, please tell me. I would like to debate this more.
[/b]

yeah if you watch UFC...if they havent got good ground control or a jujitso background they are fucked, like wise without a good standup game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Feb 2 2006, 01:10 AM) [snapback]38119[/snapback][/center]
yeah if you watch UFC...if they havent got good ground control or a jujitso background they are fucked, like wise without a good standup game.
[/b]

QFE

Not just UFC, have you watched many Pride fights?

The things that everybody learned after the first few UFCs (WAY back when, before McCain got it banned):

1. Kung Fu & Muai Thai guys learned to grapple
2. Jiu Jitsu guys learned how to kickbox
3. Karate guys stayed home.

Got to be well rounded, learning just one disciple is nice, but will leave you at a disadvantage at some point in a fight.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Feb 1 2006, 06:30 PM) [snapback]38188[/snapback][/center]
QFE

Not just UFC, have you watched many Pride fights?

The things that everybody learned after the first few UFCs (WAY back when, before McCain got it banned):

1. Kung Fu & Muai Thai guys learned to grapple
2. Jiu Jitsu guys learned how to kickbox
3. Karate guys stayed home.

Got to be well rounded, learning just one disciple is nice, but will leave you at a disadvantage at some point in a fight.
[/b]

lol its like melee stacking

Back