Wanderhome Server: Is it dead?

Wanderhome Server: Is it dead?

• Yes, and I'm either already on a different server, or will be leaving soon.

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Yes, but I'm staying with the ship till the end!

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • No, the people leaving hasn't really affected me either way.

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • There is a problem, but I'm not sure it's as bad as some make it out to be.

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Wanderhome is more alive than ever!

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I've no real idea. I'm either not playing, or don't have an opinion.

Votes: 25 41.7%

• Total voters
After last night I am seriously considering leaving for sunrunner, at least on Daimyo. I need to get some confrimation before I can move aerosol as far as if datapad objects come or not. If you have seen my bunker you would know why. lol.

Imp Theme Park killed pvp.

If one has been there since the very start one can see a large difference to what WH used to be (and a lot of it applies to the whole game).
*A lot less people :(
*A lot less social interaction :(
*More kids (and some 'adults') running around just wanting to measure dicks and what they own.
*There are credit farmers
*The cities are more or less dead (both player and NPC)
*Some things that they have implemented into the game ain't in use, why?? (Like the Image design tents for one)

:( = most severe and has most impact on the game

On Sunrunner it' a lot more active when it comes to RP events. There are events almost every day. I think it's a lot less people on Sunrunner, but it's still more active...

Last edited:
I think it was worst around the beggtining of the NGE to be honest and we survived that

Looking at how it is, did we really survive?
Good point, maybe its a matter of perspective.
I got online all day yesterday, lets see i got my pet to 80 yay:rolleyes:
we did some treasure maps with an 8 man group, and then we got another group to go do Sher kar, then HK (which i missed) then we got some pvp at restus, i Re first in the morning and got some nice 35 then i made a Weapon Atachments for Kor-del (hadnt had the time of junk loot before)
over all i had a good day in game had fun and there was plenty to do for me, i also talked to some friends i hadnt seenin a while. I was hap´py to hang with Curse and Holden. I got then on my nooby Char Sabacc and got 2 levels (im not good at all at grinding lol)
So if i Had fun in Wanderhome is it dead for me? Nop my friends are still there, and sure some left like cora i miss him. But then i miss plenty thathave left the game or to other servers, and always made new friends. i have over 400 friends on my list. are they all online do they even play not the mayority, does that stop me from ´playing and having fun (only when i LET it get to me)
Some call me a rat in a dead ship. so just because I dont give up ^_^ o well, its my nature, and the day i Give up on Wanderhome i will leave with a gratefull heart because of ALL THE AWESOME times i have had in this galaxy, all those great memories that actualy grow every day.
I do see that the population is less, but I also see that many people that werre just plain Asses have left and im actualy happy at that, there will come more people some new some old, and well my home is wanderhome.

Good point, maybe its a matter of perspective.
I got online all day yesterday, lets see i got my pet to 80 yay:rolleyes:
we did some treasure maps with an 8 man group, and then we got another group to go do Sher kar, then HK (which i missed) then we got some pvp at restus, i Re first in the morning and got some nice 35 then i made a Weapon Atachments for Kor-del (hadnt had the time of junk loot before)
over all i had a good day in game had fun and there was plenty to do for me, i also talked to some friends i hadnt seenin a while. I was hap´py to hang with Curse and Holden. I got then on my nooby Char Sabacc and got 2 levels (im not good at all at grinding lol)
So if i Had fun in Wanderhome is it dead for me? Nop my friends are still there, and sure some left like cora i miss him. But then i miss plenty thathave left the game or to other servers, and always made new friends. i have over 400 friends on my list. are they all online do they even play not the mayority, does that stop me from ´playing and having fun (only when i LET it get to me)
Some call me a rat in a dead ship. so just because I dont give up ^_^ o well, its my nature, and the day i Give up on Wanderhome i will leave with a gratefull heart because of ALL THE AWESOME times i have had in this galaxy, all those great memories that actualy grow every day.
I do see that the population is less, but I also see that many people that werre just plain Asses have left and im actualy happy at that, there will come more people some new some old, and well my home is wanderhome.
Good point as well :)
But the very soul of the game is dead to me.
The player cities are dead.
The social interaction is gone.
Hardly any people around.
It's all about kicking arse.

Im comparing it all to how it used to be:
Full cantinas all over, people chatting and interacting everywhere, lots of life in player cities.
Nowadays the game is all about PvP or PvE - all about fighting. It's all that's left.
What made he game so unique was the traders, the entertainers, all the social interaction that was spontanious (no RP event needed to get it), all the things besides fighting - because that you can do in a million other games...

Last edited:
Good point as well :)
But the very soul of the game is dead to me.
The player cities are dead.
The social interaction is gone.
Hardly any people around.
It's all about kicking arse.

Im comparing it all to how it used to be:
Full cantinas all over, people chatting and interacting everywhere, lots of life in player cities.
Nowadays the game is all about PvP or PvE - all about fighting. It's all that's left.
What made he game so unique was the traders, the entertainers, all the social interaction that was spontanious (no RP event needed to get it), all the things besides fighting - because that you can do in a million other games...
i hear that second life is pretty good for RP

I'm not leaving WH just yet, I was just pissed off at all the Imperials doing the themepark rather then helping protect a base that had D stims. There were a total of 4 Imps helping out of the 50+ that were logged on that day >.<

Let's see if I have time to respond like I really want to, and without it being a long dramatic post or something.

What I think I see more of is the PvP'ers leaving the server, and the PvE/RP'ers hanging around more and more. Some PvP'ers exist still, but more and more of my friends list looks more focused on the non-pvp combat.

This makes it harder for PvP'ers to find quality PvP in an easily available amount of time. I can understand that, and can understand why the server may not be the place for you because of that.

Wanderhome has grown from small to very small. I can rarely go into Eisley without known every single player standing about that is level 90. There are still some, but it's more rare these days than before.

On the other hand, the list that is appearing online at say 8-9PM EST during the week is growing. I used to have about 2-3 people online right after the NGE. Now, I have about 15-20 people online at any one given point in time. And there are quite a few more than that - that's just my own small friend's list.

I think that yes, we're smaller than ever - but with the exception of a few, we're also closer than ever.

Do I think the Wanderhome Server is dead? I say no. I have been on Wanderhome for 4 years now and yes while there has been a decline since the CU and a drastic one after NGE The levels came back up (not nearly as high but hey !) Since NGE as this is the only comparison that counts in regards to this question cause you cannot compare the previous 'incarnations'

One thing I have noticed is that the Server has patterns and cycles (....just like the earth for you we're gonna die freaks..... ). The summer is kinda busy while kids are home then slows down around now as they go back to school, get in a routine or what ever then it picks up and runs nicely until the January holiday when it slows down but it picks back up till summer where it follows the pattern again.

People like Tiv, Farid and others seek out the excitement and the "draw of the game" I agree its still there, I myself have been spending all my time on-line in space...its a whole different game up there! but thats what I am spending my $15 on. Zana has been making valiant efforts to revive RP on the server and for the most part I think it is making the presence of RP'rs known. Most people I have run into fall into character pretty quickly if I start a roleplaying shtick.

The server still gets its share of Asshats and killer kiddies but there are a few adults and mature teens and just like in the previous 'incarnations' we gravitate to our own kind.

Point is the game is what you make of it and you will always have the ebbs and tides of the server population. Most people have to remember that its NOT the pre-cu or cu its a whole new game environment (pun not intended).

Though IMHO The server would be a lot better if Rankin showed up more often instead of that little pimp snarky :p

FYI Ramin said he would watch my things too til I come back, so when you do leave or whenever you want you can give it to him :D

Back