The Retro thread

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ker-ri @ May 22 2006, 02:18 PM) [snapback]80609[/snapback][/center]
Automan was cool but rankins right it is a Tron rip off

And He-Man???? Wasn't he the poster boy for male homosexuality? :eek: [/b]
BLASPHEMY!
/smites Ker-ri

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SynTaXx-Wrath @ May 22 2006, 03:13 PM) [snapback]80608[/snapback][/center]
<span style="color:#6666cc"><><1980's Cartoon Link ><></span>
[/b]

I think the cartoon he is referencing is from a lot earlier than the 80s. I am thinking like late 60s, early 70s...you know like the Space Ghost/Herculoids era. I saw repeats of that all through childhood in the 80s.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ May 22 2006, 09:23 PM) [snapback]80624[/snapback][/center]
I think the cartoon he is referencing is from a lot earlier than the 80s. I am thinking like late 60s, early 70s...you know like the Space Ghost/Herculoids era. I saw repeats of that all through childhood in the 80s.
[/b]
Could be. I can't see a likely suspect in the list.

Real Ghostbusters FTMFW!!! :D ^_^
M.A.S.K was interesting too.
Shmoo, Shmoo! :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ May 22 2006, 04:27 PM) [snapback]80625[/snapback][/center]
Could be. I can't see a likely suspect in the list.

Real Ghostbusters FTMFW!!! :D ^_^
M.A.S.K was interesting too.
Shmoo, Shmoo! :lol:
[/b]

:lol:

Shit, I remeber they had that lame ass cartoon called 'ghostbusters' and it had nothing to do with the classic movie, got all confused by it, then a year later the show 'the REAL ghostbusters' came out, which of course was a direct from the movie. Almost like a "Fuck, you might of stolen the name of the movie before we could copyright it, but dammit if we are not going to make you look stupid in the process!"

I remember a TV show about a guy who was struck by lightening and had to recharge himself to stay alive but was sort of an electric super hero type..
very weird.

then of course there was Kit!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ May 22 2006, 01:30 PM) [snapback]80626[/snapback][/center]

Shit, I remeber they had that lame ass cartoon called 'ghostbusters' and it had nothing to do with the classic movie, got all confused by it, then a year later the show 'the REAL ghostbusters' came out, which of course was a direct from the movie. Almost like a "Fuck, you might of stolen the name of the movie before we could copyright it, but dammit if we are not going to make you look stupid in the process!"
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ May 22 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]80579[/snapback][/center]
Did anyone see a show called Automan I think?
Was a guy dressed liked Lawnmower Man that drove a really fast Neon Lamborgini type car.
It's so old and obscure sometimes I think I made it up. :wacko:

Also there was a cartoon I always forget the name of. Around He-Man sort of time. Anyone seen this?
3 Superheros that were in a spaceship in the bottom of a volcano. They flew out to save the world.

Centurions were cool. B)
[/b]

Heh, I got a potential one here:

http://www.tvparty.com/sat77.html

Scroll down to "Young Sentinels"

And now for some serious retro smack...
I know I'm dating myself now.

Ghostbusters, the TV show - Live action with Forrest Tucker and Larry Storch, 7 or 8 years before the movie.
Electrowoman and Dynagirl
Dr. Shrinker
The Pebbles and Bam Bam Show
Sigmund and the Sea Monsters
The Electric Company - featuring Morgan Freeman, Carmen Moreno and Hector Elizando
The afore mentioned Kimba The White Lion (which The Lion King totally ripped off)
Raideen (And the other Shogun Warriors, for that matter)
Shazam! (and Isis)
Hong Kong Phooey - with Scatman Crothers as his voice.
Grape Ape
Yogi's Ark (sing We're on our way to the perfect place... the perfect plaaace!)
and of course, the legendary Land of The Lost

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SynTaXx-Wrath @ May 23 2006, 05:25 AM) [snapback]80611[/snapback][/center]
BLASPHEMY!
/smites Ker-ri
[/b]

/ducks smite :p

seriously watch a few episodes HaHa

And Madrigal yes you might be dating yourself but I remember most of those as well so I think I am dating myself ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ May 22 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback]80624[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
Thundarr the Barbarian?

Gimme hours of the original Johnny Quest, any day. Thunderbirds and the "marionation" stuff kinda creeped me out, but my brothers ate that stuff up first-run.

Tom Slick, Aesop's Fables, any of the Bullwinkle-era stuff really. That first generation of tongue-in-cheek "kids shows" that were more a nod to the stoned college kids watching them in reruns. :p

thunderbirds-are-go.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ May 22 2006, 10:18 PM) [snapback]80641[/snapback][/center]
Heh, I got a potential one here:

http://www.tvparty.com/sat77.html

Scroll down to "Young Sentinels"
[/b]
YOU CLEVER :wookiee: !! :woot:
Called Space Sentinels after a few episodes. Had this little robot in it too.
Space%20Sentinels0017.jpg

Well done Fluffy. Have a Scooby Snack! :lol:

Oh and I have one other thing to say....
CAPTAIN CaaaavvvveeeMmannn!!!!!!! :D :woot:

Zowey Cavey wavey. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rankin @ May 23 2006, 08:15 AM) [snapback]80659[/snapback][/center]
Thundarr the Barbarian?

[/b]

UUKLA! RIDE! IIIIYEEEEE AAAAAA "Where's me sunblade?? and that good looking wizard in a bathing suit?"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ May 22 2006, 07:36 PM) [snapback]80674[/snapback][/center]
YOU CLEVER :wookiee: !! :woot:
Called Space Sentinels after a few episodes. Had this little robot in it too.
Space%20Sentinels0017.jpg

Well done Fluffy. Have a Scooby Snack! :lol:
Oh and I have one other thing to say....
CAPTAIN CaaaavvvveeeMmannn!!!!!!! :D :woot:

Zowey Cavey wavey. :D
[/b]

/flex
Fuck yeah.

Man, I didn't even hear of this before trying to find it online.

Oh, Thundarr was the man, he even had a :wookiee: sidekick!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ May 23 2006, 10:02 PM) [snapback]80739[/snapback][/center]
Oh, Thundarr was the man, he even had a :wookiee: sidekick!
[/b]

Ukla(sp?) the Mok Reminded me of a mutant wookie....Strong but stupid and occasionally good for comic relief and smashing walls in! :blink:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ker-ri @ May 23 2006, 01:52 PM) [snapback]80747[/snapback][/center]
Ukla(sp?) the Mok Reminded me of a mutant wookie....Strong but stupid and occasionally good for comic relief and smashing walls in! :blink:
[/b]
Sounds like Fluffy. :p ;)

Hong Kong Phooey was great. One of those I would like to watch these days.
He had his secret shute behind the ironing board.

Now I must Exit stage left! :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ May 23 2006, 04:27 PM) [snapback]80793[/snapback][/center]
Sounds like Fluffy. :p ;)

Hong Kong Phooey was great. One of those I would like to watch these days.
He had his secret shute behind the ironing board.

Now I must Exit stage left! :)
[/b]

omg I had forgotten about hong kong phooey shit now I have the theme song running around my head ack

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FI9OE...?v=glance&n=130

Bizarre old films which are still cool in a weird retro way.

Dark Crystal!! Muppets on stilts. B)
Labyrinth.
War Games. The BBC Micro causes nuclear war. :lol:
Trying to think of some more. :think:

Back