The Retro thread

Ok its been cropping up lately so why not have a thread for it.
Discuss your Retro memories here! B)

Whether its a love for TV like A-Team, Knight Rider etc. Fans of Vanilla Ice and Milli Vanilli :blink: or just can't forget the Thundercats, Gobots and Care Bears! :lol:
Let us all remember when the good old times when we were young. :D

To start things off and please no :spam: :p
Am I the only one that didn't realise at 1st that Frankie goes to Hollywood - Relax was a song about rudeness?? :erm: :lol:
And no I didn't have a T-shirt.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles rocked, also Ducktales, and the Smurfs. I used to watch lots of Disney shows too.

Also old-school Mario and Duckhunt was awesome. I though Tetris sucked and still do but I played it from time to time (sometimes in class on my uber TI calculator) out of sheer boredom.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darein @ May 18 2006, 12:28 AM) [snapback]79548[/snapback][/center]
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles rocked, also Ducktales, and the Smurfs. I used to watch lots of Disney shows too.

Also old-school Mario and Duckhunt was awesome. I though Tetris sucked and still do but I played it from time to time (sometimes in class on my uber TI calculator) out of sheer boredom.
[/b]
Typical :cat: :rolleyes: :mellow:

Do you prefer old TMNT or the newest cartoon version? Cowabunga!!
In the UK it was called Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles. :rolleyes:
Ninjas are bad Mmkay. :ninja: People thought all the kids would put walnuts on there backs and start slicing and dicing or something. :wacko: :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ May 17 2006, 04:40 PM) [snapback]79568[/snapback][/center]
Typical :cat: :rolleyes: :mellow:

Do you prefer old TMNT or the newest cartoon version? Cowabunga!!
In the UK it was called Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles. :rolleyes:
Ninjas are bad Mmkay. :ninja: People thought all the kids would put walnuts on there backs and start slicing and dicing or something. :wacko: :lol:
[/b]
Ninjas are not bad.

Guns 'n' Roses - Reminds me of my crazy teenage days when I thought I was immortal :)

And a few years later Nirvana, when I had realised I wasn't immortal so doing crazy stuff was even better cos' of the risk factor!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ May 17 2006, 07:19 PM) [snapback]79543[/snapback][/center]
Ok its been cropping up lately so why not have a thread for it.
Discuss your Retro memories here! B)

Whether its a love for TV like A-Team, Knight Rider etc. Fans of Vanilla Ice and Milli Vanilli :blink: or just can't forget the Thundercats, Gobots and Care Bears! :lol:
Let us all remember when the good old times when we were young. :D
To start things off and please no :spam: :p
Am I the only one that didn't realise at 1st that Frankie goes to Hollywood - Relax was a song about rudeness?? :erm: :lol:
And no I didn't have a T-shirt.
[/b]

Fuck yeah A-Team was awesome (still is, thanks TV land :lol:)

Transformers and Star Wars toys were the dominate fixtures for me...not to mention everyone's oldie but still goodie:

LEGO

Transformers
G.I. Joe
The A-Team
Fraggle Rock
Saturday Morning Cartoons
Schoolhouse Rock
the early days of Metallica
MTV (24hrs of videos)
Star Wars
I love the 80's

TV shows:
Battlestar Galactica
Magnum PI
A- Team
Fantasy Island
Schoolhouse rock
ABC after school special

Movies:
Star Wars
Raiders of the Lost Arc
Star Trek: The Wrath of Kahn
War Games
Legend

Music:
Gowan
Chris de Burgh
Shriekback
Thomas Dolby
Depeche Mode
Flock of seaguls
Falco
Sisters of Mercy

that's just what I can remember at 8am in themorning

TMNT the movies LMAO... no but really the old cartoons we had a bunch of VHS of them and watched them alot. And TMNT the Nintendo game (side-scroller, arcade was kinda cool too just cause it was multiplayer).

And I watched Gumi Bears too LOL

I don't think I ever saw any of the new TMNT cartoons.

Ahhh a walk down amnesia lane,

Cartoons:
Thundercats
Voltron
Robotech
Any of the Sat morning on ABC
My little pony (don't laugh)
Smurfs
Snorks
Transformers

Movies:
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Any John Huges Movie (Pretty in Pink, the breakfast club)

Music:
Bon Jovi
Poison
Ozzy
Def Leopard
Judas Priest
Rush

Toys:
My little pony (again don't laugh)
EZ Bake Oven
Barbie Dolls (explains my SWG clothes fetish, ask Rankin)

TV Shows:
Cheers
Dukes of Hazzard
A-Team
Battlestar Galactica

God So much so little time but I think this is a good start. Just a child of the 80's :)

Cartoons:
Jem
Heathcliff
Garfield
Sat Morn with USA @ gramma's house
Flintstones
Jetsons
Ducktales
The Chipmunks
TMNT

Movies:
The Last Unicorn
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
The Rose

Music:
The Chipmunks
IT's a small world after all
Guns N Roses
New Kids on the Block (LOL)

Toys:
Barbies
Cabbage Patch Dolls
Garbage Patch Kid Cards
Commodore 64
My Little Pony
Atari Games
(RUN MAN FTW!)

TV Shows:
The Simpsons
In Living Color
Pinwheel

The last unicorn I forgot about that one with Tim Curry and Tom Cruise excellent movie ^_^

Cant believe no one mentioned Airwolf.

Street Hawk was a cult show as i remember although short lived

And then there were shows like Thunderbirds, Stingray, and the ever classic Magic rounderbout

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Daves'a Sillywalker @ May 19 2006, 03:23 AM) [snapback]79754[/snapback][/center]

And then there were shows like Thunderbirds, Stingray, and the ever classic Magic rounderbout
[/b]

O....M....G I forgot about that! I can hear the theme music now

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Daves'a Sillywalker @ May 18 2006, 01:23 PM) [snapback]79754[/snapback][/center]

[/b]

Airwolf = teh roxxors. I wanted to name one of my starships 'Santini Air'.

Street Hawk was really short lived...though that bike was the best EVAR! :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Daves'a Sillywalker @ May 18 2006, 06:23 PM) [snapback]79754[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
Airwolf has one of the best theme tunes. B)
I find they never repeat the best shows. Street Hawk was cool but its never on anywhere!

Just watched Bring Back the A-Team. A doc where they got most of the actors back together. Said how George Peppard was a diva and hated Mr T.

Love to see some old Dukes of Hazard again. The film was rubbish. Rosco P Coltrane!! :lol:

My Little Pony!! :lol: ;) I would have said you were a She-Ra fan. :p

Old shows on tv lately: Quantum Leap, Due South, Space 1999, Planet of the Apes, Monkey

I remember when War Games was "cutting edge" :lol:
Anyone seen The Last Starfighter film? Fun and cool. B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ May 19 2006, 12:24 AM) [snapback]79895[/snapback][/center]
I feel so left out :cry:
[/b]
Why didn't you have a childhood fave tv show, toy or movie? It's whatever you remember.
You had a sword or something didn't you? :lol:

Back