The Retro thread

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ May 18 2006, 04:35 PM) [snapback]79911[/snapback][/center]
Why didn't you have a childhood fave tv show, toy or movie? It's whatever you remember.
You had a sword or something didn't you? :lol:
[/b]
No toys or TV shows back then.

Who remembers WWF wrestling on USA on Sunday mornings/afternoons?

I remember Saturday being the banner moment for entertainment every week, but on Sundays there wasn't much to watch, except for wrestling.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ May 19 2006, 12:20 AM) [snapback]79887[/snapback][/center]
Airwolf has one of the best theme tunes. B)
I find they never repeat the best shows. Street Hawk was cool but its never on anywhere!

Just watched Bring Back the A-Team. A doc where they got most of the actors back together. Said how George Peppard was a diva and hated Mr T.

Love to see some old Dukes of Hazard again. The film was rubbish. Rosco P Coltrane!! :lol:

My Little Pony!! :lol: ;) I would have said you were a She-Ra fan. :p

Old shows on tv lately: Quantum Leap, Due South, Space 1999, Planet of the Apes, Monkey
I remember when War Games was "cutting edge" :lol:
Anyone seen The Last Starfighter film? Fun and cool. B)
[/b]

The Dukes of Hazard are on Bravo all the time

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ May 18 2006, 09:40 AM) [snapback]79568[/snapback][/center]
Do you prefer old TMNT or the newest cartoon version? Cowabunga!!
In the UK it was called Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles. :rolleyes:
[/b]
old school TMNT ftw
and in the UK, the Sam L. Jackson movie "Formula 51" is called "The 51st State". no bullshit.

And i wanna watch the fresh prince reruns. but i cant find them. maybe theyll be on tvland soon....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ May 19 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]80026[/snapback][/center]
old school TMNT ftw
and in the UK, the Sam L. Jackson movie "Formula 51" is called "The 51st State". no bullshit.

And i wanna watch the fresh prince reruns. but i cant find them. maybe theyll be on tvland soon....
[/b]
I didn't realise it was called different in the UK.

There has been some UK dvd box releases of Fresh Prince recently.
Look here www.play.com you may find details.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ May 20 2006, 08:29 AM) [snapback]80160[/snapback][/center]
How about old school anime? :lol:
Astroboy :D
[/b]

Kimba The White Lion

or is that TOO old school?

Unicron1.jpg

Nice Unicron pic. :thumbsup:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ May 22 2006, 12:08 AM) [snapback]80457[/snapback][/center]
G-Force forever man!
[/b]
Battle of the Planets was one of those odd, but cool shows when I was a kid.
If I would watch it now I would laugh at it's weirdness. :D
But I had this disc throwing gun from the show that was great! Hit my brother with that many times! :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ May 21 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]80467[/snapback][/center]
Nice Unicron pic. :thumbsup:
Battle of the Planets was one of those odd, but cool shows when I was a kid.
If I would watch it now I would laugh at it's weirdness. :D
But I had this disc throwing gun from the show that was great! Hit my brother with that many times! :lol:
[/b]

That show ruled while drunk/stoned/overtired/etc

:lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ May 17 2006, 10:21 PM) [snapback]79642[/snapback][/center]
Fuck yeah A-Team was awesome (still is, thanks TV land :lol:)

Transformers and Star Wars toys were the dominate fixtures for me...not to mention everyone's oldie but still goodie:

LEGO
[/b]
I love my old star wars and transformer toys. I think I have a couple star wars toys that brand new are worth $400 each. Of course mine are used, but still in like new condition.... and I'll never sell lol.

Lego also rocks.

As for TV, there are tons of old shows I liked.
Gargoyles(just bought a bunch on DvD)
Macgyver(have a couple seasons of that on DvD too)
Star Trek: TNG(still my fav. ST series, and I own seasons 1, 2, and 4 on DvD)
Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis(Yup, you guessed it, I own SG-1 seasons 1-8, and atlantis season 1 on DvD:lol:)
smurfs
and one of my favorite all time cartoons growing up? Spiderman, The animated series.

Oh, and TMNT was way better then the new stuff, that show was awesome too.

Ok, i like almost anything hehe.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ May 22 2006, 01:08 AM) [snapback]80457[/snapback][/center]
G-Force forever man!
[/b]

Hell yeah...

man I had such a crush on Jason....

Did anyone see a show called Automan I think?
Was a guy dressed liked Lawnmower Man that drove a really fast Neon Lamborgini type car.
It's so old and obscure sometimes I think I made it up. :wacko:

Also there was a cartoon I always forget the name of. Around He-Man sort of time. Anyone seen this?
3 Superheros that were in a spaceship in the bottom of a volcano. They flew out to save the world.

Centurions were cool. B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ May 22 2006, 12:33 PM) [snapback]80579[/snapback][/center]
Was a guy dressed liked Lawnmower Man that drove a really fast Neon Lamborgini type car.
It's so old and obscure sometimes I think I made it up. :wacko: [/b]
This was a Tron ripoff. Neon costumes and blacklights for the win. Only.. it was Tron in the real world, with a car that made 90-degree turns. Woe to the human passengers in said vehicle. But hooray for stupid gimmicks! The show was cool for its half a season or however long it lasted. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ May 22 2006, 12:33 PM) [snapback]80579[/snapback][/center]
Also there was a cartoon I always forget the name of. Around He-Man sort of time. Anyone seen this?
3 Superheros that were in a spaceship in the bottom of a volcano. They flew out to save the world.
[/b]
Sounds like one of Stackpole's story setups...

Centurions were cool. B) [/b]

<span style="color:#6666cc"><><1980's Cartoon Link ><></span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ May 23 2006, 03:33 AM) [snapback]80579[/snapback][/center]

Centurions were cool. B)
[/b]

Automan was cool but rankins right it is a Tron rip off

And He-Man???? Wasn't he the poster boy for male homosexuality? :eek:

Back