Just Saw X-Men III...

AS much money as it has made, I suspect there will be another X-Men movie. Keep in mind the team has changed greatly over the years.

Also the loss of their powers isn't permanent :) as the government and Worthington Labs would lead you to believe. Remember the scene of Eric in the park with his chess set. Yes he was having difficultly but he was still moving the chess pieces without touching them, which leads me to believe the effect is far from permanent. Which means Rogue should watch out who she touches.

I think the greatest mistake they made in the films is not having Rogue absorb Ms. Marvel. It added an interesting twist to her character, the multiple personalities as well as the extra powers.

Cyclops and Jean Grey have both been believed to have been killed before.

Jean Grey isn't the only class 5 mutant, Legion was too......

I missed some of the X-Men: Gambit and Psylocke, as well as Mimic. ( Though in the comics Mimic and Psylocke are dead ). I also missed Sage.

Rogue has lost her powers before only to have them return.

As for Wolverine, the claws are natural not part of the adamantium. In fact the adamantium slows down his healing factor. In the comics Magneto one time removed the adamantium, and Wolverine went from flat line to full health in a single frame.

I wouldn't discount the ability of another movie.

It is true that Scott was intended to be the next leader of the X-men until Jean's death, which actually happened in the comics, similar to what happened here. He did return to the X-Men but was a shattered man for several years. Storm led the team during that time. Rogue led the X-Men after Storm. ( My favorite comic of Rogue, is after Sage boosted her powers given her full control. Sadly this was just before she lost her powers, and I've not read the comic in a couple of years so I'm not sure she got them back.)

Gotta head to work, take care peeps :)

If people have read this far, they are spoiled enough of the movie. Thank god i didn't read much on this thread before i saw the movie, or i would have been spoiled too.

So for those who went and didn't stay until the end, basically Moira Mctaggert goes to check on that guy in the hospital bed in the beginning who was in a coma or something, and then he woke up and said "Moira, it's me, Charles" or something like that.

Also, did they use that line "I'm the juggernaut, bitch" from the cartoon jest that one guy and his friends made? or did that one guy and his friends copy the movie?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tutok @ May 28 2006, 07:45 PM) [snapback]82363[/snapback][/center]
If people have read this far, they are spoiled enough of the movie. Thank god i didn't read much on this thread before i saw the movie, or i would have been spoiled too.

So for those who went and didn't stay until the end, basically Moira Mctaggert goes to check on that guy in the hospital bed in the beginning who was in a coma or something, and then he woke up and said "Moira, it's me, Charles" or something like that.

Also, did they use that line "I'm the juggernaut, bitch" from the cartoon jest that one guy and his friends made? or did that one guy and his friends copy the movie?
[/b]
WTH you doing here Tutok?

Isn't it time for you to be out nightsticking the colored folk?

some selective snipping here....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mecinia Lu-a @ May 28 2006, 10:39 PM) [snapback]82362[/snapback][/center]
I think the greatest mistake they made in the films is not having Rogue absorb Ms. Marvel. It added an interesting twist to her character, the multiple personalities as well as the extra powers.

Jean Grey isn't the only class 5 mutant, Legion was too......

I missed some of the X-Men: Gambit and Psylocke, as well as Mimic. ( Though in the comics Mimic and Psylocke are dead ). I also missed Sage.

I wouldn't discount the ability of another movie.
[/b]

I like the Rogue character, but Mecinia is right, without Ms. Marvel's abilities, she's just not the same. I'm used to her being able to fly and be invulnerable.

I don't remember Legion, someone refresh my memory plz.

Gambit was one of my favorites. I would have loved to have seen him onscreen. I am thrilled that Colossus got more screen time, he was also one of my favs, as was Arcangel. I would have rather had Arcangel than Angel, but that would have meant Apocalypse, and that would have been storyline or cost prohibitive. I would love to see some of the other X-teams as well, especially Cable's X-Force.

Inclined to agree on the other movie, even if some of the actors/actresses don't want to return, there were enough other teammates throughout the years to still make it possible, the Prof X thing could throw it for a loop though. Hell, do a future one with Bishop, Wolverine, and Forge.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ May 28 2006, 07:39 PM) [snapback]82337[/snapback][/center]
:) PM sent.
I'm glad I heard about it to wait cos it was worth it for the 30 seconds. :lol:
But it was a long wait through those credits.
[/b]
PM ME TOO! lol i just got out of the movies and read this, i didnt stay for the credits :(

ok i did a search and found what they showed but they didnt say anything in detail, PM if theres any details that need to be heard!!!! /xmenjunkie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tutok @ May 29 2006, 03:45 AM) [snapback]82363[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
Tutok basically said it.

SPOILERS!

You know the bit in the film where they talked about the guy who was alive but a vegetable for a brain?
At the end you see this guy in the hospital bed and the Moira Dr comes in.
Then the guy slowly turns around.
He says "Hello Moira" BUT
it was in Prof X's voice!!
Dum dum dummmm!!! :eek:

So Prof X transferred his consience soul into his body somehow. I guess. :wacko: :unsure:

Is Moira Mctaggert someone from the comics?

ok didnt read that one -p ty

she used to be in love with charles , shes a scientist who runs a lab in scotland or something

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Avari @ May 29 2006, 05:48 PM) [snapback]82443[/snapback][/center]
ok didnt read that one -p ty

she used to be in love with charles , shes a scientist who runs a lab in scotland or something
[/b]

Wasn't she involved with Xcalibur, the UK X-men group? Come to think of it, isn't that the group Shadowcat wound up with?

The movie was really too far off from what really happened (in my mind) for me. Not to mention Juggernaut isnt a mutant -Hes powered by that ruby, which wasnt in the movie at all. Also they left out the cool kids like Nightcrawler and Gambit. This movie kind of killed my hope for an Apocalpyse (sp) movie as his whole thing was "the cure" that turned ppl evil (arcangel +riders of dewm or w/e).

Boo Hoo.

wow, a lot of people here that know their x-men history as well :)

as far as the movie, they shouldn't have shoved so much into one movie. a fight over a "cure" and the phoenix could easily have been seperate movies. then maybe they could have told the phoenix story correctly as it was one of the best storylines from the comics I had as a kid.

they really screwed up making the juggernaut a mutant, and a relatively weak one.

and as someone mentioned, an Apocalypse movie or two are what I was really hoping for :)

told you it would be shit......

even though i havent seen it, i dont even mind reading spoilers as i could tell they would screw this one up as well. they already spoiled the x men magic i found in the comics with the first 2 and i couldnt see this being any different

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(drache @ May 30 2006, 12:10 AM) [snapback]82508[/snapback][/center]
wow, a lot of people here that know their x-men history as well :)

as far as the movie, they shouldn't have shoved so much into one movie. a fight over a "cure" and the phoenix could easily have been seperate movies. then maybe they could have told the phoenix story correctly as it was one of the best storylines from the comics I had as a kid.

they really screwed up making the juggernaut a mutant, and a relatively weak one.

and as someone mentioned, an Apocalypse movie or two are what I was really hoping for :)
[/b]

Same here.

Hearing juggernaut being a relatively weak mutant is kind of disappointing to say the least.

/sigh

I just have to say that no matter what anyone said - this movie rocked. Yeah, it wasn't perfect - but what comic turned movie is?

I mean...spiderman, batman, and the ones I just can't think of right now.

Honestly I just liked it for what it was.

['Mecinia Lu-a wrote:

[/quote]

I stayed to watch the credits and Psylocke was listed in the creds....not sure where she was, but there you have it....

Adding new X-Men each movie is a drawing factor... they're not going to have them all in each movie.

so, keep your hopes up for the next one...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Settbacca @ May 30 2006, 01:54 PM) [snapback]82647[/snapback][/center]
I stayed to watch the credits and Psylocke was listed in the creds....not sure where she was, but there you have it....
[/b]

They had Jubilee in 2, but unless you saw the cutscenes, it wasn't obvious which one she was.

Back