Just Saw X-Men III...

Well, I too saw the first two movies and correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't scott being set up as the heir apparent to the x-empire? In the first movie, when prof X was in his little coma, didn't scott say "Don't worry, I'll take care of them?" Uh... okay. So where's the payoff?

Wolverine's challenge was to become a part of something bigger than himself, not to lead the x-men. He needed to learn to take orders, not give them.

I was disappointed with the way cyclops was just brushed aside in X3 and all his loose ends were left to be tied by others (presumably those not working on Superman).

Really, this should have been scott's movie. It was his time to stand up and lead the x-men on his own (though a power struggle between scott and wolvie would have been fun). It was his time to mold the kiddies into the next generation of x-men. And most of all, it was his job to confront the threat of Phoenix: Can he destroy the woman he loves in order to save the world? Scott had the most at stake there. And I don't mean that scott should have been the main character. He could have driven the story from a supporting role while wolvie chewed the scenery and got the good one-liners.

But I guess Magneto was right; The pawns go first. Pfft. To me, it was just lazy writing and lazy execution.

But then, what do I know?

And that's only the cyclops stuff...

BTW Woverine - mutie, Juggernaut - not a mutie

as far as i know from reading comics when i was younger - wolverine has the claws and healing factor naturally and thats why he was chosen for the weapon x project where adamantium was laced onto his entire skeleton.

its also rumoured hes over 100 years old or something like that

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ May 28 2006, 03:53 AM) [snapback]82138[/snapback][/center]
as far as i know from reading comics when i was younger - wolverine has the claws and healing factor naturally and thats why he was chosen for the weapon x project where adamantium was laced onto his entire skeleton.

[/b]

I read x-men religiously when I was little. I know wolverine fought in WWII and probably WWI. But since I have not read in over 15 years, I dont know any info that has come out recently. But yes, he's probably over 100 years old, as is Sabretooth.

i miss reading comics :(

unfortunately as a little kid i couldnt afford to keep buying them from overseas lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ May 27 2006, 07:05 PM) [snapback]82141[/snapback][/center]
i miss reading comics :(

unfortunately as a little kid i couldnt afford to keep buying them from overseas lol
[/b]
I buy them from a local comics store. I just picked up 2 months worth! :D I'm more a DC fan.

BEWARE OF SPOILERS here

I agree they just tossed a lot of characters aside.
Cyclops cos he was working on Supes Returns. Liked to have found out what happened to him.
Rogue. Probably cos her powers aren't very visual. Copycat.
Mystique also.
Angel was a bit poor.

I suppose they needed the time to highlight the evil mutants more. That and give Halle Berry the screen time she wanted to even come back on the film. :rolleyes:
They gave everyone a little bit of time to finish it off. Glad they showed Toad.

Yes Wolverine has mutant healing powers. It's explained in X2.

I'm currently playing the video game. It fills in gaps between X2 and XIII and what happened to Nightcrawler.

Also STAY UNTIL THE END OF THE CREDITS!! :excl:
It reveals a major plot point that you will miss otherwise.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ May 28 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]82195[/snapback][/center]
Also STAY UNTIL THE END OF THE CREDITS!! :excl:
It reveals a major plot point that you will miss otherwise.
[/b]

Doh, we left before the credits ended. :( :( Think you can pm me what happened??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ May 27 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]82138[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
Wolverine is a mutant. His mutant ability is his healing ability. He was chosen to be the test subject for the adamantium skeleton because of his healing ability, whereas a normal human wouldn't survive the process. His claws are part of the adamantium skeleton.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vix @ May 27 2006, 03:13 AM) [snapback]81811[/snapback][/center]
Goldberg isnt tall enough noob. Maybe the Game, or Big Show, Or Kane
[/b]

NATHAN JONES, EX-Pro Wrestler, who played the warrior in the beginning of Troy. He's 6'11" 340 pounds.

He would be perfect to play Juggernaut

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sloth @ May 28 2006, 12:31 PM) [snapback]82202[/snapback][/center]
Doh, we left before the credits ended. :( :( Think you can pm me what happened??
[/b]

damnit! someone told me to stay and i was a dumbass and left. tell me! what happaned? :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Legato @ May 28 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]82220[/snapback][/center]
damnit! someone told me to stay and i was a dumbass and left. tell me! what happaned? :(
[/b]
Afraid i've yet to get an answer. :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ May 28 2006, 04:46 AM) [snapback]82205[/snapback][/center]
Wolverine is a mutant. His mutant ability is his healing ability. He was chosen to be the test subject for the adamantium skeleton because of his healing ability, whereas a normal human wouldn't survive the process. His claws are part of the adamantium skeleton. [/b]

nope his claws occur naturally as part of his mutation. he used them as weapons (bone claws if you will) before the weapon x project where some scientists put adamantium onto his entire skeleton

Movie wasn't bad, I thought it was entertaining, but they just dove into things without any real pre-cursor. Like someone else said, they didn't develope any of the characters, they just started jumping from one thing to the next and they committed the Mortal Combat II sin. Tring to cram as many characters into 90mins as possible.

Now if I remember correctly, the X-Men movies are done, but they are going to do a spin-off with Wolverine movies.

there will be a wolverine movie. high jackman was on a chat show here on friday night and he said basically yes there will be one

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ May 28 2006, 11:00 AM) [snapback]82258[/snapback][/center]
there will be a wolverine movie. high jackman was on a chat show here on friday night and he said basically yes there will be one
[/b]

Then they should do a Wolverine/Punisher/Ghost Rider, which in my opinion was the best teamup that Marvel has ever done. I'm going to see X3 today. And I always stay for the credits, have to get my money's worth :lol:

There IS going to be a Wolverine movie!
Hugh Jackman wants to do it and is involved in setting it up.
There's also talks of doing a Magneto prequel movie type.

I say there WILL be a X-men 4 if the studio has its way. Why? Cos it took over four-day holiday weekend $107 million! Making it the 4th best weekend opening movie yet.
Studios can never let things like that lie. But I doubt many of the current actors will be back in it.

What happened at the end? :think: Maybe you should watch it again. :p
I can't say now but it involved a certain bald mutant. :think:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ May 29 2006, 07:12 AM) [snapback]82308[/snapback][/center]
There IS going to be a Wolverine movie!
Hugh Jackman wants to do it and is involved in setting it up.
There's also talks of doing a Magneto prequel movie type.

I say there WILL be a X-men 4 if the studio has its way. Why? Cos it took over four-day holiday weekend $107 million! Making it the 4th best weekend opening movie yet.
Studios can never let things like that lie. But I doubt many of the current actors will be back in it.

What happened at the end? :think: Maybe you should watch it again. :p
I can't say now but it involved a certain bald mutant. :think:
[/b]
Well i would but i don't have the $$ to take me, kylara, my mother, and the kids back to the movies to see it again. Have you tried sitting through credits with a 7,6, and 4 year old kids? Not gonna happen i'm afraid :( which is why i said PM so others wouldn't see it on here. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sloth @ May 28 2006, 11:25 PM) [snapback]82320[/snapback][/center]
Well i would but i don't have the $$ to take me, kylara, my mother, and the kids back to the movies to see it again. Have you tried sitting through credits with a 7,6, and 4 year old kids? Not gonna happen i'm afraid :( which is why i said PM so others wouldn't see it on here. :)
[/b]
:) PM sent.
I'm glad I heard about it to wait cos it was worth it for the 30 seconds. :lol:
But it was a long wait through those credits.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ May 28 2006, 07:39 PM) [snapback]82337[/snapback][/center]
:) PM sent.
I'm glad I heard about it to wait cos it was worth it for the 30 seconds. :lol:
But it was a long wait through those credits.
[/b]
PM ME TOO!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vix @ May 27 2006, 03:13 AM) [snapback]81811[/snapback][/center]
Goldberg isnt tall enough noob. Maybe the Game, or Big Show, Or Kane
[/b]

Oh, and Goldberg is only 1 inch shorter than "THE GAME"

Back