Is Blizzard Spying?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Dec 1 2006, 11:08 AM) [snapback]135323[/snapback][/center]
Wrong fish boy.
Ya can either believe me or not. ^_^

I asked my lawyer friend on that fact. RIAA will only sue you when they have proof of what you are doing. They only go after the BIG fish (no offense *giggle*) those people that are sharing thousands & thousands of songs over the internet that live in US soil. But if you are listening to music of MP3s that most likely are yours, there is no penalty on that.
[/b]

Yah sure Artica. I'm sure that 12 year old girl and 65 year old grandmother are "big fish".

Are we really still discussing this? Seriously folks, move on.

For those that keep trying to say they are going to sue her for listening to music even if it wasn't hers, you're wrong. Private use and even small public use isn't something they worry about. We looked into that when Galaxies Radio was running and they said that due to the small size of the listener base, it wasn't an issue. It's only large-scale use and sharing amongst large networks of people that they attempt to enforce mainly due to the financial costs of the investigations and said lawsuits.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gaarawar @ Dec 1 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]135346[/snapback][/center]

For those that keep trying to say they are going to sue her for listening to music even if it wasn't hers, you're wrong. Private use and even small public use isn't something they worry about. We looked into that when Galaxies Radio was running and they said that due to the small size of the listener base, it wasn't an issue. It's only large-scale use and sharing amongst large networks of people that they attempt to enforce mainly due to the financial costs of the investigations and said lawsuits.
[/b]
See!! Mr. Fish.

Thanks Mr. Gaarawar. ^_^

I agree 100% with ackis, it is one of a few reasons I quit warcraft. Personally I ahve to much confidential information on my computer becuase of work, such info can affect stock reasons, give our copetitors an edge etc. not to menchion bank info, personal things etc. I dont like to be spied on is what it comes down to.

What is a multimillion-dollar company going to do with bank info? Steal a few hundred? I highly doubt they cypher through their 7 million+ customers looking at credit card #'s. If they wanted that, they'd probably just go through your subscription.

People overreact too much.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Akieo @ Dec 11 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]136480[/snapback][/center]
What is a multimillion-dollar company going to do with bank info? Steal a few hundred? I highly doubt they cypher through their 7 million+ customers looking at credit card #'s. If they wanted that, they'd probably just go through your subscription.

People overreact too much.
[/b]

What blizzard is going to do with it is only part of the issue. Is blizzard retaining it? If so, then what are their security policies/standards/controls like? Someone externally could gain access to that information because of a simple oversight. There's so many issues around this it's not even funny.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gaarawar @ Dec 1 2006, 12:38 PM) [snapback]135346[/snapback][/center]

[/b]

It was an example (and an effective one) to use against the concept of "it doesn't affect me so I don't give a fuck".

Back