Do you still play SWG?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tavasha @ Jun 12 2006, 04:08 PM) [snapback]86689[/snapback][/center]
Honestly, there are some parts of WoW that I think would have been perfect for swg. Possibly, if they just took the level based instanced pvp battlefields and instituted a system like that instead of the nge, we'd all be in a much better place right now. That way ent/crafters who were cl56 could still fight and feel like they made a difference. ah well c'est la vie..
[/b]

This reminds me of us talking about mixing SWG and WoW.

An Orc in a Jetpack.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tavasha @ Jun 12 2006, 10:32 PM) [snapback]86789[/snapback][/center]
Yes, I know. I've visited most of them, and they looked pretty boring. And I don't think they were organized by level, which I think is key. PvP being exclusively for the ultra high level is lame, and you probably have a lot of players who will get bored and quit before 90 that would have stayed if they had some pvp content to keep them around. That and I think things would run better in an instance than the battlefields they have set up. I'm not a tech whiz, so I'm not sure.
[/b]
before, there wasn't a strict level based system. there was a hidden one which factored your /con circle against a mob and determined your xp earned cap, but that was it. the system was based on skills and CRAFTED gear (except dot weapons). everybody could customize their health, action, and mind pools, of which before the realization that doctor and ent buffs were in the game worked pretty well. the battlefields were set up imperial vs rebel, each with their own base and various structures to protect. your side won if you destroyed a certain number of the enemy structures before they destroyed yours, meaning that even if you weren't a triple combat master, or even a single combat master, as long as you could reach the target and hit the fire button you made a difference.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tavasha @ Jun 13 2006, 12:32 PM) [snapback]86789[/snapback][/center]
Yes, I know. I've visited most of them, and they looked pretty boring. And I don't think they were organized by level, which I think is key. PvP being exclusively for the ultra high level is lame, and you probably have a lot of players who will get bored and quit before 90 that would have stayed if they had some pvp content to keep them around. That and I think things would run better in an instance than the battlefields they have set up. I'm not a tech whiz, so I'm not sure.
[/b]
Instanced PvP is fun, but there is nothing like sitting in a town talking to your friend and someone popping out of no where and initiating the fight. Or being the one doing the sneaking and surprising someone.

i log on very rarely...i just cancelled and it runs out on july 1st. i tried to start playing again more recently but they made changes and now i have to figure out how to pvp all over again and its just not worth the effort for me.

I decided to give the game another try after the recent changes and cause WOW got a bit boring for me.. something bout the pvp doesnt really seem exciting the way galaxies pvp does.

Anyways i dont know what they really did but apprently jedi are crap now but im finding it okay. They bought back the bounties and terms etc which i havent seen used in the NGE and thats pretty cool to have once again.

Back for the second day and i got 1 mill on my head :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Esinoth @ Jun 13 2006, 10:52 PM) [snapback]86989[/snapback][/center]
I decided to give the game another try after the recent changes and cause WOW got a bit boring for me.. something bout the pvp doesnt really seem exciting the way galaxies pvp does.
Anyways i dont know what they really did but apprently jedi are crap now but im finding it okay. They bought back the bounties and terms etc which i havent seen used in the NGE and thats pretty cool to have once again.
Back for the second day and i got 1 mill on my head :lol:
[/b]

noob!

I dont play and I dont intend to play it again. I dont see it possible that SOE can fix the crap they created and I dont believe EMU servers will be a viable solution. I would love to play it again but I just dont see its happening.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Jun 15 2006, 02:20 AM) [snapback]87136[/snapback][/center]
I dont play and I dont intend to play it again. I dont see it possible that SOE can fix the crap they created and I dont believe EMU servers will be a viable solution. I would love to play it again but I just dont see its happening.
[/b]

ditto

i sold my accounts, even if they rereoll pre-cu servers i doubt i will play because i dont trust them and (i dont fancy playing a jedi in swg anyway even if emu servers work), so yeah doubt i will ever be back.

Everytime i log into wow look at my firends list and only see 6-7 people i really talk to i think back to swg and the fun i had everyday. The mix of pvp and community made swg. There was no lets get 40 people to kill this person it was get gear buy gear and pvp.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Jun 15 2006, 12:04 AM) [snapback]87267[/snapback][/center]
Everytime i log into wow look at my firends list and only see 6-7 people i really talk to i think back to swg and the fun i had everyday. The mix of pvp and community made swg. There was no lets get 40 people to kill this person it was get gear buy gear and pvp.
[/b]

yeah, i hate how gear effects pvp in wow. I know in swg there were some uber weapons but all you needed to pvp with tkm was a good template, some decent armor, a 200+ damage vk and some decent foods and you were set, all that would cost you about 1mil max which is the equivelent of about 80G in wow.

you could go from naked novice brawler to fully geared to pvp in less than a week which is good because really, who enjoys grinding? lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tavasha @ Jun 12 2006, 04:08 PM) [snapback]86689[/snapback][/center]
Honestly, there are some parts of WoW that I think would have been perfect for swg. Possibly, if they just took the level based instanced pvp battlefields and instituted a system like that instead of the nge, we'd all be in a much better place right now. That way ent/crafters who were cl56 could still fight and feel like they made a difference. ah well c'est la vie..
[/b]

Instanced battlegrounds is what ruined WoW's PvP probably. I remember the days when there was no battlegrounds, just open PvP. It was awesome.

Battlegrounds definitely killed PvP in WoW. Like Akieo said you could always find fights going on before battlegrounds like South Shore and Tauren Mill. Now any fighting outside of battlegrounds are ganking as many lowbies as you can before they give up and go somewhere else.

I still play, and have been since the very beginning. I've had a few short breaks...Im an addict :p
I agree, it is not as much fun as it used to be, really miss the old days... :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kiritok @ Jun 13 2006, 06:41 AM) [snapback]86819[/snapback][/center]
I still play off and on, more on now though since combat isn't actually a cakewalk. Plus, how can I not play after tonight's chat with niv and avari :lol:
[/b]

:lol:
don't ya love us even more :p
we always keep life fun :blush:

I still have an account and I've been logging in maybe once a week at the most. There's just nothing to do. If my NeXuS brothers were all gone, I'd have cancelled months ago. In the seven months since the NGE, all they've managed to add is ten levels of legacy quest. That's absolutely pathetic, especially when the quests are all the same thing over and over again with differently-named NPCs.

Back