Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pontiac JUDGE

• Hennessy Viper

• c6 Z06 Corvette

• Total voters
are we talking speed, looks and price here or what? for speed and looks id go bugatti veyron but if we are including price i would probably go with a vanquish...i mean cmon whats cooler than a aston martin?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Feb 21 2006, 12:09 PM) [snapback]48379[/snapback][/center]
The percentage of them which are american is very small, and the ones that are american are mostly vipers, or saleens
[/b]
The percentage of American supercars made is very small. They're generaly just show pieces, not brands like Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo. But of course it would be a huge mistake to think Americans can't make supercars. Consider the Ferrari vs. Ford rivalry in the late 60's/early 70's, when Ferrari pissed Ford off by not selling. Ford came up with the GT40 which beat the living shit out of Ferrari.

So really it's just a difference in market and no other reason.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LilHammie @ Feb 21 2006, 12:49 PM) [snapback]48418[/snapback][/center]
The Chevelle SS and the GTO during the 60s had the same engine series in them. The only difference was the body. The STi can be a street car as well, I should I know I own one. The rally versions have ridiculous modifications to the hydrolics and shocks on the car.

Secondly the best Camaro in its last year of production was the SS and it ran a 13.4 quarter mile, which at the time was faster than the Mustang GT which was its opponent running a 13.6. So the Subaru still wins in that battle, and to make one of those turboed is pointless considering you'd be putting a single turbo 4 cylinder Subaru against a V8 with RamAir induction and adding a turbo.
[/b]

don't compare a forced induction car to a non f/i engine...

lmao who chose the 5.0 fox body?

not to bash you i jsut find that funny amongst all these other monster cars

5 liter is like 140 cubic inches off the pace from most of these cars

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Echew @ Feb 22 2006, 09:00 AM) [snapback]48510[/snapback][/center]
don't compare a forced induction car to a non f/i engine...
lmao who chose the 5.0 fox body?

not to bash you i jsut find that funny amongst all these other monster cars

5 liter is like 140 cubic inches off the pace from most of these cars
[/b]
Which one isn't forced induction? The Camaro SS is forced induction and so is the Subaru, the only one that isn't a true induction is the Mustang.

And you're right, whoever picked the 5.0 is a moron. I'll take whoever picked that against any of the mentioned GM cars in the 60-70s.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reek @ Feb 21 2006, 01:29 PM) [snapback]48438[/snapback][/center]
The percentage of American supercars made is very small. They're generaly just show pieces, not brands like Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo. But of course it would be a huge mistake to think Americans can't make supercars. Consider the Ferrari vs. Ford rivalry in the late 60's/early 70's, when Ferrari pissed Ford off by not selling. Ford came up with the GT40 which beat the living shit out of Ferrari.

So really it's just a difference in market and no other reason.
[/b]

actually, although the gumball does have supercars, a big majority are mainstream cars. BMWs, Mercedes's, TVRs, Alfa Romeo's, Acura's, Lexus's, and so on. There's maybe one or two american bigwigs with a vette, but thats it on the american side

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scally666 @ Feb 22 2006, 08:37 AM) [snapback]48703[/snapback][/center]
i chose the 69 gto cuz it has 69 in it
[/b]

Ah yes, 69. Something you and your coworker that likes man-u have in common :p

I picked Firebird Formula... i own a 1971. I love the "money pitness" of classic cars :p ... and the bloody knuckles are a perk too :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(frankengoob @ Feb 23 2006, 08:48 AM) [snapback]49018[/snapback][/center]
I picked Firebird Formula... i own a 1971. I love the "money pitness" of classic cars :p ... and the bloody knuckles are a perk too :p
[/b]
I wouldn't mind a 1971 Pontiac FireHawk... mmm.

The reason most big wigs don't own Corvettes is the fact that they aren't expensive enough to make them stand out as an "elite" person. You can roll around town for a day and see a Z06, but to see a Porsche 911 or a Lambo is rare.

I saw a 1995 Lambourghini Diablo VTT on the highway a few days ago on my way to my buddy's house. Fucking bad ass car. Jet black with tan interior... what I wouldn't give to be dirty rich.

Hmmm my choice isn't there I have to say a black Jaguar ! lol i don't care about what's under the hood it's just for the looks!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nerthy @ Feb 23 2006, 09:04 AM) [snapback]49342[/snapback][/center]
Hmmm my choice isn't there I have to say a black Jaguar ! lol i don't care about what's under the hood it's just for the looks!
[/b]

My friend has a baby blue (or whatever that light metallic blue is called) 2003 X-Type. Its beautiful, but i still wouldnt buy it :)

A little girls opinion - not that it matters. :p
Had to vote for the Vette :D

We own a '87 vette, so I am kinda partial. But admittedly my all time dream car is a Stingray!! Fire engine red, white leather interior and chromed out....DROOL

Funny someone mentioned Gumball race. We had entry into Gumball 3000, the US race, a few years back. We were gonna take our 69 Lincoln Continnental Mark III. Beautiful car that was left to my husband from his father. We decided against it since the car has 35k original miles on it and we didn't really wanna add more mileage to it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nivekella @ Feb 23 2006, 10:01 PM) [snapback]49673[/snapback][/center]
We were gonna take our 69 Lincoln Continnental Mark III. [/b]
*drool*

I demand pictures! :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reek @ Feb 23 2006, 11:24 PM) [snapback]49690[/snapback][/center]
*drool*

I demand pictures! :)
[/b]

Hey no droolin on the car....LOL

let me get em loaded onto the comp and pics there will be :D

Back