Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pontiac JUDGE

• Hennessy Viper

• c6 Z06 Corvette

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Feb 20 2006, 01:12 PM) [snapback]48205[/snapback][/center]
Find Csaba Csere. Ask him if he'd rather have a Z06 or an M3. And you don't even know what a Lexus IS350 is, so you suck.

In conclusion, you suck, i pwn you, you're a fake greek, you eat gyros with mayo, not tzatziki. PWN to the muthafuckin T

:p
[/b]

you fuck! i love tzatziki don't doubt my greekness ill pwn your socks off!

ok then i change my vote to a bugatti veyron have fun finding a better car because this thing burned a brand new zonda off the road on "top gear"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Feb 20 2006, 04:18 PM) [snapback]48253[/snapback][/center]
Until you come to a turn and the Beamer wipes the floor with the Vette. Don't get me wrong, I love Vettes, and they are great bang for the buck, but their handling is sub-par, as well as the Viper's. IMHO at least.
[/b]

your wrong.... consider power to weight ratio...while german cars are undoubtly some of the best on the planet if not the best cuase of thier looks engines interior and all thier little gadgets... how much do you think that car weighs? vette kill cars 3 times its price and this sucker ain't no different

veyron is badass. $1 mil pricetag, 1000hp, 2.9 sec 0-60. fastest production car out there. W16 engine, made by none other than volkswagen :D

german engineering ftw

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Feb 20 2006, 06:30 PM) [snapback]48280[/snapback][/center]
veyron is badass. $1 mil pricetag, 1000hp, 2.9 sec 0-60. fastest production car out there. W16 engine, made by none other than volkswagen :D

german engineering ftw
[/b]

don't try that lol.... any one can stick 2 v8s together thats like taking the viper and multiplying all of its stats by 2 to make 1 car.... Volkswagon while they make good engines... make the shittiest cars in terms of electronics... ppl in jetta cars ect gotta worry about thier car going on fire due to electical problems lol
still don't compare to american cars

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Echew @ Feb 20 2006, 06:39 PM) [snapback]48285[/snapback][/center]
don't try that lol.... any one can stick 2 v8s together thats like taking the viper and multiplying all of its stats by 2 to make 1 car.... Volkswagon while they make good engines... make the shittiest cars in terms of electronics... ppl in jetta cars ect gotta worry about thier car going on fire due to electical problems lol
[/b]

Also... The hennesy Viper 1 v10 engine mind you 6 cylinders less then your german crap... is 1000 + hp and 1000+ torque

Ricers are the scum of the earth...

They take coffe cans and replace thier muffler with them... get all these badges and such... sound liek their going 75 when thier doing 15 on a school zone... attitudes are shitty... mostly kids who have parents money to blow.. those are ricers...

You want a car with balls choose from the above...

Might be biased because I'm european, but the vette seems to conspicous for me. The thing does rock in terms of performance, but it looks too much like a toy for rich spoiled kids :p I'm aware of my prejudice towards it, but if I had the money to buy any of those cars, I'd go undoubtedly with the M5, or its more "sporty" brother M6. German engineers are the best in the world imo, when we're talking about mixing performance with elegance :)

BMW, Mercedes, Audi - the only cars I'd ever consider buying :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Echew @ Feb 21 2006, 12:48 AM) [snapback]48285[/snapback][/center]
Also... The hennesy Viper 1 v10 engine mind you 6 cylinders less then your german crap... is 1000 + hp and 1000+ torque
[/b]

jeremy clarkson beat someone taking a plane from italy to england in a bugatti...nuff said.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Isildur @ Feb 21 2006, 07:37 AM) [snapback]48332[/snapback][/center]
jeremy clarkson beat someone taking a plane from italy to england in a bugatti...nuff said.
[/b]
Oh come on, that would be because of waiting time at the airport :p.

As for "German engineering", I don't know if I could agree with that. I think it's more cliche than fact. I think the German automakers tend to be higher end and less mass market - it's more "different" engineering than "better".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reek @ Feb 21 2006, 08:42 AM) [snapback]48257[/snapback][/center]
Your 'HO' is wrong :p

The Corvette performs on par with ferraris and porsches in handling. It received Car & Driver's "Best Performance Car".

It's simple physics though. The corvette has better torque and lower weight than the M6. So you throw it around a corner, which vehicle is more responsive? Obviously it's going to be the Vette.

This new Vette, the C6, is perhaps the best American production car in a long time. It competes favorably with cars triple the price.
[/b]

Eh, speaking of physics, the lower weight means jack shit, it has to do with weight RATIO between front and back and where the power comes from. Better torque and less weight means faster accleration, it does not mean better handling. Overpowered rear wheel drive cars are the worst for handling. If they are too light for their engine (like the Vette and the Viper) then their ability to handle turns will be a lot worse.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ispiobi @ Feb 21 2006, 11:50 PM) [snapback]48341[/snapback][/center]
Im hate to bust ya bubble on this subject but until you put one of these up there.. no vote.
There is also no contest.
http://www.findthingz.com/Images/f430hamann05_01.jpg

this site is terrible for posting links and images and crap.. completely html unfriendly.
[/b]

Ummmmm there is a button for posting links as well as a button for posting images, doesn't get much simplier than that. No?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Feb 21 2006, 09:45 AM) [snapback]48353[/snapback][/center]
Eh, speaking of physics, the lower weight means jack shit, it has to do with weight RATIO between front and back and where the power comes from. [/b]
It's a 51/49 front/rear weight ratio, on a rear wheel drive :p. Its handling is comparable to the 911's.

Now I don't want to seem too much a Vette fanboy here. In truth I'm not a big Vette fan. But the fact remains that this Vette is a high performance sports car, while the BMW's listed here are sports sedans. In terms of performance, the sports car wins.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reek @ Feb 22 2006, 01:09 AM) [snapback]48361[/snapback][/center]
It's a 51/49 front/rear weight ratio, on a rear wheel drive :p. Its handling is comparable to the 911's.

Now I don't want to seem too much a Vette fanboy here. In truth I'm not a big Vette fan. But the fact remains that this Vette is a high performance sports car, while the BMW's listed here are sports sedans. In terms of performance, the sports car wins.
[/b]

For the price, there is no doubt the Vette is the best car for the money. This newer Vette does have a better weight ratio and performance than I knew of. It is certainly comprable...this is new for Vette, they didn't always make them this way. They were always a "all engine, no turning" car for decades. They seem to finally start to get things right.

P.S. The M6 is not a sedan, it's a coupe :p

If you want to know what the best cars are, just watch the annual Gumball 2000 race. All the car connoseurs (sp?) take part, and they know their cars. They can buy any car they want in the world. Just take a peek at what cars they have. The percentage of them which are american is very small, and the ones that are american are mostly vipers, or saleens

First of all whoever said the best car for the price isn't a Subaru WRX STi is a moron. $35,100. A true all wheel drive car, 12.8 quarter mile, turbo charged and a rally car to boot. By true all wheel drive I mean this, most cars you see that have a 4WD or an AWD are usually not a true all wheel drive car. Most cars claiming the sort have a 3 wheel slip differential, which means to those who don't know, you only have 3 wheels in true rotation with acceleration with a 4th wheel rotating but not with torque.

Secondly you can't put the Hennessey Viper on that list, for the sole fact that it is a prototype car and has to be specially made. Thats like putting the Linginfelter Corvette on the list. Which happens to be twin turboed and by his last specs over 1100 horsepower with a quarter mile of just over 7 seconds.

Another thing, you put down the C6 Z06 Corvette as an option which isn't even a car. The C6 which is the successor to the C5 corvette is a base model corvette with the LS2 engine in it, a 6.0 liter engine with 400 bhps. Not too shabby if I may say so myself, the Z06 is the highest level of Corvette with the LS7 engine at 505 bhphs and runs the quarter mile in 11.7.

The biggest difference between the Corvette Z06 and the Viper SRT-10 is that the corvette has a much faster 0-60 time but the Viper has a lot higher high end speed topping out at about 230 mph to the Corvette's 190 mph. Not to meantion the price range, the Z06 is fully loaded at about 61,000$ with the Viper running at 78,000$ for the RT model, their base.

Needless to say I picked the 69' GTO, true american muscle. 396 bhps and perhaps the meanest sounding car on the list. Though I'd take the 1970 455 cu-in engine with the premium package pushing 500 bhps with a little over 480 lbs of torque, but the 396 hps with the 438 lbs of torque would suffice for me :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LilHammie @ Feb 21 2006, 12:37 PM) [snapback]48415[/snapback][/center]
First of all whoever said the best car for the price isn't a Subaru WRX STi is a moron. $35,100. A true all wheel drive car, 12.8 quarter mile, turbo charged and a rally car to boot. By true all wheel drive I mean this, most cars you see that have a 4WD or an AWD are usually not a true all wheel drive car. Most cars claiming the sort have a 3 wheel slip differential, which means to those who don't know, you only have 3 wheels in true rotation with acceleration with a 4th wheel rotating but not with torque.

Secondly you can't put the Hennessey Viper on that list, for the sole fact that it is a prototype car and has to be specially made. Thats like putting the Linginfelter Corvette on the list. Which happens to be twin turboed and by his last specs over 1100 horsepower with a quarter mile of just over 7 seconds.

Another thing, you put down the C6 Z06 Corvette as an option which isn't even a car. The C6 which is the successor to the C5 corvette is a base model corvette with the LS2 engine in it, a 6.0 liter engine with 400 bhps. Not too shabby if I may say so myself, the Z06 is the highest level of Corvette with the LS7 engine at 505 bhphs and runs the quarter mile in 11.7.

The biggest difference between the Corvette Z06 and the Viper SRT-10 is that the corvette has a much faster 0-60 time but the Viper has a lot higher high end speed topping out at about 230 mph to the Corvette's 190 mph. Not to meantion the price range, the Z06 is fully loaded at about 61,000$ with the Viper running at 78,000$ for the RT model, their base.

Needless to say I picked the 69' GTO, true american muscle. 396 bhps and perhaps the meanest sounding car on the list. Though I'd take the 1970 455 cu-in engine with the premium package pushing 500 bhps with a little over 480 lbs of torque, but the 396 hps with the 438 lbs of torque would suffice for me :D
[/b]

the car is real ppl have them so hennessy counts...

STi is a friggen rally car... unless you intend on racing ona mountain pass i would not buy that car... id like to see it deal with a turboed mustang or camaro...

GTO is a fucking mean car... but when it comes to muscle nothing comes close to the Chevelle SS and the PLymouth Roadrunner Super Bird...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Echew @ Feb 22 2006, 04:44 AM) [snapback]48416[/snapback][/center]
the car is real ppl have them so hennessy counts...

STi is a friggen rally car... unless you intend on racing ona mountain pass i would not buy that car... id like to see it deal with a turboed mustang or camaro...
GTO is a fucking mean car... but when it comes to muscle nothing comes close to the Chevelle SS and the PLymouth Roadrunner Super Bird...
[/b]
The Chevelle SS and the GTO during the 60s had the same engine series in them. The only difference was the body. The STi can be a street car as well, I should I know I own one. The rally versions have ridiculous modifications to the hydrolics and shocks on the car.

Secondly the best Camaro in its last year of production was the SS and it ran a 13.4 quarter mile, which at the time was faster than the Mustang GT which was its opponent running a 13.6. So the Subaru still wins in that battle, and to make one of those turboed is pointless considering you'd be putting a single turbo 4 cylinder Subaru against a V8 with RamAir induction and adding a turbo.

Lil, as far as I know, the Lingenfelter vette has a bit over 700 hp and it was a limited edition (25 cars were made) to celebrate ... something :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LilHammie @ Feb 21 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]48415[/snapback][/center]
Another thing, you put down the C6 Z06 Corvette as an option which isn't even a car. [/b]
Well... partly true. It's generally accepted to refer to the Corvette by generation - C1 through C6.

Back