Best actor for the role?

Depp most likely modelled sparrow from a variety of sources but Richards was def the main one.... isn't Richards playing sparrow's dad in a cameo in the new film?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Merlyn @ Apr 27 2006, 01:50 AM) [snapback]74503[/snapback][/center]
Depp most likely modelled sparrow from a variety of sources but Richards was def the main one.... isn't Richards playing sparrow's dad in a cameo in the new film?
[/b]

"Rolling Stone Keith Richards was set to make a cameo appearance as the father of Captain Jack Sparrow but Richards had to pull out of the project due to his commitment with the Rolling Stones world tour. Johnny Depp had previously said that his performance was based on Richards."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383574/trivia

These aren't necessarily great performances, but I think they are great moments in casting.

Sylvester Stallone as Machine Gun Joe Viturbo in Death Race 2000
"Oh yeah? I happen to hold the clam sauce!" or "You know, Myra, some people think you're cute. But me? I think you're one very large baked potato."

Steven Seagal as that commando guy in Executive Decision. When they have that whole montage of Seagal and his men getting ready to storm the airplane, then Seagal bites it right away. Hehe, wasn't expecting that.

Sean Connery as Richard the Lionheart in that stupid Costner Robin Hood movie. You didn't need an actor for this role, you needed an icon.

Tom Petty as Himself in that stupid Costner end-of-the-world movie The Postman. Same as above.

Dina Meyer as Batgirl in Birds of Prey. Sadly, she may have been the only reason to watch that awful show.

Daniel Day Lewis as Bill the Butcher in Gangs of NY

ooooh, and on the Johnny Depp topic, that journalist dood he played in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas....that shit was brilliant lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Apr 27 2006, 11:51 AM) [snapback]74420[/snapback][/center]
Timi in Tutok's Movie. :lol:
[/b]

haha, the penis clown?

http://media.putfile.com/Ill-Touch-Your-P3nis

http://media.putfile.com/Dirty-Hairy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Settbacca @ Apr 28 2006, 03:37 AM) [snapback]74629[/snapback][/center]
Daniel Day Lewis as Bill the Butcher in Gangs of NY

[/b]

yeah,
I just now recently saw that movie for the first time, and I thought he did a superb job.

That's probably why he got nominated for an oscar back then.

Sean Connery - Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez

If you do not know the movie you are not worthy of me explaining it to you :angry: :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Apr 27 2006, 02:24 PM) [snapback]74640[/snapback][/center]
Hell yeah, best representation of a person/character EVAR! [/b]

I denounce this thread! INFEDELS!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ker-ri @ Apr 27 2006, 08:14 PM) [snapback]74657[/snapback][/center]
Sean Connery - Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez

If you do not know the movie you are not worthy of me explaining it to you :angry: :p
[/b]
Highlander FTW! ^_^

Recent newpaper report from some clever clogs reckons that all Pirates were really Gay. :blink:

Tom Welling - Clark Kent - Smallville B)

Christopher Walken as Johnny Smith in the Dead Zone

Christopher Walken in almost everything he's even been in

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(frankengoob @ Apr 28 2006, 01:33 AM) [snapback]74563[/snapback][/center]
The Hanson brothers... playing the Hanson brothers in SlapShot. Those 3 guys fit the part perfectly.
[/b]

OMFG
"What are you doing?"
"Putting on the foil!"
Hehe

I thought of another one.

Adam Baldwin (Jayne Cobb) as Animal Mother in Full metal Jacket.
And for that matter Lee Ermey as Sgt. Hartmann.

Kubrick movies were usually well cast.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ May 2 2006, 03:17 AM) [snapback]75589[/snapback][/center]
Arnold Swarzenager playing Arnold Swarzenager in Last Action Hero.
[/b]
Ooh!

Or Julia Roberts posing as Julia Roberts in Ocean's 12.

Or that scene with Johnny Depp and Vincent Gallo in Arizona Dream when Gallo is talking about all the actors he hates, and then adds Johnny Depp to his list.

Or Peter Falk playing himself in Wings of Desire.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Madrigal @ May 2 2006, 03:45 AM) [snapback]75599[/snapback][/center]
Ooh!

Or Julia Roberts posing as Julia Roberts in Ocean's 12.

[/b]

Or Bruce Willis playing bruce Willis in Oceans 12 :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ker-ri @ May 2 2006, 04:09 AM) [snapback]75616[/snapback][/center]
Or Bruce Willis playing bruce Willis in Oceans 12 :lol:
[/b]

Or both of them playing themselves in the same scene from The Player.

:lol:

Back