Are you going to play Vanguard?

Are you going to play Vanguard?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I answered No. Most likely I won't play it. If I do play it, it might be in the far future when they have bugs fixed, if they ever do.

This game runs so slow in my machine... It reminded me of the days when I tried to play Doom in a 286. It took the guy about 2 minutes to put the next bullet in the shotgun.

I just bought my system last year. :lol: Last year sounds like so long ago, 2 months ago. As Artica says CSR doesn't has a clue of what they are doing. Just like SWG all over again. They didn't even mentioned the basic help methods (update drivers... stuff like that). They just threaten me to take me off beta if I continued reporting this issue. Similar threat I got in SWG for reporting a bug, that most likely they still might have in game.

May Aradune Mithara be with you, An may the gods of Telon shine purely on your soul.

Cleric here, Level 18, Skinner, Outfitter, Level 20 Diplomat.

Looking forward to it.

Main Issues at the Moment:

Server Boundary walls, Inviting.
No SLI working
No Afinitive system for the classes.
Lots of unfinished quests.

But this is Beta, remember.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Huntress @ Dec 16 2006, 03:59 AM) [snapback]136955[/snapback][/center]
Look Ill lay it down for ya... is the game good? Yes. Did I vote Yes? No. Been beta testing this thing for months now and at first it was great but its just an EQ clone and unless they do some serious bug fixes and graphic fixes its going to hurt the game come launch. Seems like they are pulling a SWG all over again. SWG was not nearly ready to be pushed to live and from the rumor mill, SOE is pushing Sigil to push this thing out now. Almost threatned to yank publishing due to not making the Holiday launch that was expected. Some of the animations are just down right horrid... and the game launches in a month.

I dont want to sway people this way or that but I just cant devout the time it takes to be top of the line in an MMO anymore. And the way Vanguard is panning out your going to have to eat, drink, breathe and shit Vanguard to be even close to top dog. Maybe Im just burned out on elves, dwarves, orcs and shit. I dunno but Vanguard started out really good and has been nose-diving ever since. I need a good sci-fi Non-Blizzard MMO soon or Im just going back to console gaming. Having just got a X-box 360, PS3, and Wii I have been having more fun with them then I have had with PC games in a long long long time. Maybe Im just burnt out :p

Lets not ebven mention that Vanguard takes a top of the line machine to look stellar and its been taxing my system like mad... I upgrade and/or replace my computer nearly every 6 months. I have almost every top of the line bell and whistle I can get in this machine atm and even then Vanguard is choppy.... bah Im going to bed Im grumpy.
[/b]

Heh put my foot in my mouth on this one... mind has been changed and now I have plenty of time to play MMO's and with the work Sigil has been putting into this game especially the number of patches in the past 2 weeks I am sold.

If you like your current game, you should definitely stay with it and not play Vanguard.

I'm already addicted, and the less lag I experience, the better. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Huntress @ Jan 12 2007, 02:37 PM) [snapback]139223[/snapback][/center]
Heh put my foot in my mouth on this one... mind has been changed and now I have plenty of time to play MMO's and with the work Sigil has been putting into this game especially the number of patches in the past 2 weeks I am sold.
[/b]

/agree

From what I understand, they've been patching the hell out of the game.

release date: jan 30

Well I might have to eat my words. After discovering the sweet spot for my system Im not hithing nearly as bad. I might just play it when it goes live. The trick that worked for me is putting normal mapping to 0 it made the ground look nice instead of looking like clay or mud and jacked my fps up by 1/3 not to mention cutting my hitching down to almost none in the wild and a little in town.

vanguard.jpg

Runs like a dream on mine ^_^

Well... minus the part where a pride of lions pounced on me. That wasn't in the dream. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tavasha @ Jan 15 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]139460[/snapback][/center]
Runs like a dream on mine ^_^

Well... minus the part where a pride of lions pounced on me. That wasn't in the dream. :D
[/b]
Got kitty love?! ^_^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Jan 15 2007, 05:23 PM) [snapback]139491[/snapback][/center]

Can I get your specs B-man. Still waiting on my new gaming PC to hit so I want a basis to judge this by. On my alienware it looks great but as I cant play on that damn machine because of work and the work of others I was forced to buy a second PC.

Well, I gotta admit that looks good. My system specs -

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: INTELR
System Model: AWRDACPI
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Page File: 385MB used, 5601MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Memory is the key here. I upgraded this weekend from 1 to 3 gigs and it's a world of difference.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Jan 15 2007, 07:26 PM) [snapback]139501[/snapback][/center]
I have 4 gigs. :( [/b]

What kinda card you have? I'm runnin a 6800GT, definitely not top of the line, but it gets the job done. Also, make sure you're drivers are up to date and you may need to defrag your HD.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Jan 15 2007, 04:28 PM) [snapback]139502[/snapback][/center]
What kinda card you have? I'm runnin a 6800GT, definitely not top of the line, but it gets the job done. Also, make sure you're drivers are up to date and you may need to defrag your HD.
[/b]
video card? ati radeon x1900 512mb

I'm not entirely sure if it's x1900 or x1950... ^_^

I already did what mooby said to do... check drivers, difrag, everything. He is also having the same problem. It has gotten a lot better from last time I logged in, but it still laggy.

What pissed me off was the Customer Service is a piece of shit same as SWG's was.

sorry for the cursing... <_<

CPU: AMD Athlon Next Gen Opteron 2.2 ghz Dual Core 8000 Series
Memory: Crucial 3 gig overclocked.
Graphics: 512MB Ge Force 7950 GTX 1 card, no SLI config still room for expansion
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster XFX

Thats what living with your parents on $70,000 gets you, I know I need to move out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Huntress @ Jan 15 2007, 11:46 PM) [snapback]139493[/snapback][/center]
Can I get your specs B-man. Still waiting on my new gaming PC to hit so I want a basis to judge this by. On my alienware it looks great but as I cant play on that damn machine because of work and the work of others I was forced to buy a second PC.
[/b]

If you can save on building it yourself, Alienware is just Dell in disguise.

Back