Are you going to play Vanguard?

Are you going to play Vanguard?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The client is down to around 16.8. I plan on waiting til March or April to play it ( I have my reasons that I cannot discuss :D )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Dec 28 2006, 06:17 AM) [snapback]137784[/snapback][/center]
Yeah got it downloaded, but cant get in game because they didn't give me a damn beta key...i gotta wait.
[/b]
Check your PMs, and merry xmas...

Well if you get the beta client, dont get it from file planet. It looks like and old client and doesn't patch. Had to get the client from sony which ironically was 100x's faster and works.

Only 7 hours of patching to go! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Up to 14 hours!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Don't forget to defrag after its done, its makes a world of difference even with the game breaking hitching.

Well if I could ever play it...just when I thought it was done after 8 hours of patching...its starts up another 12 hours of patching.

It took me about 16hours at least to get it all patched, but with so many people hitting the patch server at once Im sure its gonna take alot longer.

It was 24 then it was optimized to 16 as stated by Elrar. The download only took me 4 hours. I haven't played it in awhile though. Has anyone tried the PvP yet?

Well after an incredibly long download....I can't play it. says the vgclient is missing a 3d3.dll file or something along those lines.

Well it does say in the patcher that you cant play unless you have direct x october distro or later. :D I am using the december one and I have had no problems.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Garis @ Dec 29 2006, 10:48 PM) [snapback]137975[/snapback][/center]
It was 24 then it was optimized to 16 as stated by Elrar. The download only took me 4 hours. I haven't played it in awhile though. Has anyone tried the PvP yet?
[/b]

I tried it a little and its pretty pointless right know, total imbalance and theres no point in pvping to make matters worse. They dont plan of finish the ruleset til after launch, they just dont have time to concentrate on two different servers. So it will be mainly ffa with a 10 level restriction, no looting and no rewards.

Yeah it dawned on me it was a direct x issue. I thought I had the latest update, but obviously not. got it patched and working.

So, I thought I would be cool and make a wolf druid, logged into game, and boom...surrounded by 100 wolf druids. So, back to the drawing board. In what little I played it honestly feels like they have tried to turn EQ2 into WoW.

Well, just got my beta invite so I'm going to see how it goes. Only 1/2 hour left to go on the patching :) Whole D/L only took me like 4-5 hours so not to bad. What's everyone's IGN so I can mooch your shit? :p

*Edit*

Gah!! :angry:

Nvm that download finished up then another 6 hour download began. Won't be playing this for at least a few more days since I dont feel like waiting atm.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Dec 30 2006, 10:06 AM) [snapback]137988[/snapback][/center]
Well after an incredibly long download....I can't play it. says the vgclient is missing a 3d3.dll file or something along those lines.
[/b]

Same thing happened to me... you have to download DirectX updates..
I actually gave it a try, got to level 10 or so and I swear if it didn't feel like I was playing EQ1 with just better graphics.

I know its beta... but the action animations are total crap.. and if they plan on releasing this in a few weeks, they're crazy.

I finally voted, and voted no.

I have the beta loaded up, and played it for about 10 minutes a week ago. Just haven't had any desire to try it again, so if I spend $50 on the game it'll end up being a waste of money.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Akieo @ Jan 1 2007, 11:57 AM) [snapback]138104[/snapback][/center]
Same thing happened to me... you have to download DirectX updates..
I actually gave it a try, got to level 10 or so and I swear if it didn't feel like I was playing EQ1 with just better graphics.

I know its beta... but the action animations are total crap.. and if they plan on releasing this in a few weeks, they're crazy. [/b]

Lol ain't that the truth...the ranger animation litterally looks like he's throwing his arrows like a baseball at the target. The game is bugged to hell, the lag is atrocious, and if you think EQ2 felt stiff you ain't seen nothing yet.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Jan 1 2007, 05:42 PM) [snapback]138124[/snapback][/center]
Lol ain't that the truth...the ranger animation litterally looks like he's throwing his arrows like a baseball at the target. The game is bugged to hell, the lag is atrocious, and if you think EQ2 felt stiff you ain't seen nothing yet.
[/b]

I know that Sigil is planning to release it soon, but thats still at least a month away. Alot can happen in a month. The game has not been tweaked yet to play on most computers but it works fine on mine. I never played either of the EQ's so I can't compare it to that but I'm assuming its closely related since its some of the same people developing it. The arrow firing bug is the only one I've come across in 16 levels.

What til you get the invetory bug where you harvest something and it doesnt appear, but when you have harvested 100 a whole new stack starts and appears. Or the half appearing npcs, I got a list of about 15-20 bugs I have found so far not including the horrendous hitching thats worse then Dark and light was.

No i wont play it , i wont even try it. EQ2 is my last SOE game and I am only playing coz there is nothing else better than it atm. So not gona waste time on a game which is the rinse repeat of same old crap with litlle or no testing, incompetent devs who has no idea how to make a game, eye candy graphics which causes shit loads of lag.

Unfortunately there is nothing much on the horizon, a little Age of Conan and a little Warhammer but I am not holding my breath.

I wish we had the means of making a game.

A friend download it for me, patches and all. Tried it a little yesterday... My computer being powerful and my cable 6Mb/sec speed and what not and it was as laggy as SWG:Coronet in the old days. Slide show, is faster. Send an email to CSR, got a fast response... just like EQ2, under an hour. Saying they can't help me and that my system is flawed. <--- This is a PERFECT example of SOE useless CSRs and IT. Just another SWG. <_<

We'll give it another chance a couple of months later... See if they can fix all their problems.

Only one of my friends that tried the beta said it was good, everyone else says is trash. :mellow: It might have a lot of potential... but SWG did too. This is quite discouraging. :unsure:

I'll stay with EQ2. ^_^

Not interested in Age of Conan or any of the other coming out. :unsure:

Well Artica, did you expect him to upgrade your computer for you? And like I said before the game hasn't been tweaked yet to run on every computer. Also the Beta server is very unreliable and there is only one. Of course they will get better servers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Garis @ Jan 2 2007, 05:05 PM) [snapback]138196[/snapback][/center]
Well Artica, did you expect him to upgrade your computer for you? And like I said before the game hasn't been tweaked yet to run on every computer. Also the Beta server is very unreliable and there is only one. Of course they will get better servers.
[/b]
No but what a stupid response. At least he could say that the game is not ready for every computer yet. That's the way the SWG CSR were when I was playing.

That is a more understanding answer than the crap he gave me.

Back