Are you going to play Vanguard?

Are you going to play Vanguard?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Jan 15 2007, 05:16 PM) [snapback]139506[/snapback][/center]
CPU: AMD Athlon Next Gen Opteron 2.2 ghz Dual Core 8000 Series
Memory: Crucial 3 gig overclocked.
Graphics: 512MB Ge Force 7950 GTX 1 card, no SLI config still room for expansion
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster XFX

Thats what living with your parents on $70,000 gets you, I know I need to move out.
If you can save on building it yourself, Alienware is just Dell in disguise.
[/b]
You live with yer parents? ^_^

Well I'm not sure what it is, but the game has sold me. Runs smooth, and I started off with a wood elf this time and the graphics/sound have been outstanding and actually fun to play for a change!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Jan 16 2007, 01:39 AM) [snapback]139508[/snapback][/center]
You live with yer parents? ^_^
[/b]

Yeah am 23, and can't afford to live in the city where I work.

I can't drive, because of my mild but annoying retinal visual impairment.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Jan 16 2007, 01:39 AM) [snapback]139509[/snapback][/center]
Well I'm not sure what it is, but the game has sold me. Runs smooth, and I started off with a wood elf this time and the graphics/sound have been outstanding and actually fun to play for a change!
[/b]

Well if you want to play with KEGER's,

It should be good.

We are going PvP, obviously.

I don't think I'll be able to run it...

Pentium D CPU 2.80ghz
2 GB RAM

7800 GT

I think the highlighted is what will kill this. :(

With this I have horrible FPS in swg.. but then again thats probably what you get for a horrible game. /shrug
I know my cpu didn't meet the requirements for RB6LV but it ran just fine and that's a demanding game. Just Cause (crysis engine) and Company of Heroes were both demanding as well and still played fine.. think ill be able to run Vanguard ? lol

Bananaman... I was just teasing. If I could live with Grandma still, I would! ^_^

Mine is a

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz
4Gb RAM
Ati Radeon x1950 512Mb
Audigy 4

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Jan 16 2007, 01:53 AM) [snapback]139513[/snapback][/center]
Bananaman... I was just teasing. If I could live with Grandma still, I would! ^_^

Mine is a

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz
4Gb RAM
Ati Radeon x1950 512Mb
Audigy 4
[/b]

Nice, You'll enjoy VG. :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Jan 15 2007, 05:56 PM) [snapback]139514[/snapback][/center]
Nice, You'll enjoy VG. :rolleyes:
[/b]
It runs slow. Laggy... and it was worst a week an a half ago, but with all the fixes they have been putting, it looks a lot better now. But still slow.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Jan 16 2007, 01:57 AM) [snapback]139516[/snapback][/center]
It runs slow. Laggy... and it was worst a week an a half ago, but with all the fixes they have been putting, it looks a lot better now. But still slow.
[/b]

There are still Memory leak issues I hear, maybe your problem.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Jan 15 2007, 06:04 PM) [snapback]139518[/snapback][/center]
There are still Memory leak issues I hear, maybe your problem.
[/b]
Noes... their problem ^_^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Jan 15 2007, 06:14 PM) [snapback]139522[/snapback][/center]
Are you also running with the graphics cranked up?
[/b]
Nope, minimal. ^_^

I'll try today and see if it has improved. ^_^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Jan 15 2007, 08:28 PM) [snapback]139524[/snapback][/center]
Nope, minimal. ^_^

I'll try today and see if it has improved. ^_^
[/b]

Have you done all the .ini tweaks? Have you forced pixel shading to 2.0? There are alot of steps that can be done to up your frame rates. You should be flying with your set up something just isnt configured right.

#1 GENERAL Tweaks
A) FIRST, be sure to defragment after install. Seriously, this has a HUGE impact on the game's performance.
B) Turn off your AV program and/or Firewall. I know you hate the idea of it but try it, if it doesn't help then you know you can leave it on.
C) Google the program RivaTuner 2.0 and set the card to force shading at 2.0. if anyone else figures this out please let me know. personally I think this program stinks. THIS IS AN ADVANCED TWEAK don't mess with anything else unless you know what you're doing!!! (NOTE from anarchyart: I did not do this tweak, dont bother unless you're sure you know what you are doing)
D) In the in-game settings, change sound settings to "Hardware"
E) In the in-game settings, set the resolution to 1024x768
F) In the in-game settings, turn off HDR
G) NVidia 6xxx series users, Tru using the older "71" series drivers. Linky goodness (Link en francais)
H) ATI users (I'm one myself) by far, ATI users with AMD proc's tend to be having the most problems aside from the Nvidia 6xxx users. I've been told to try the catylist 6.8 drivers (which can be found Here) I am currently using these drivers and still have the older 6.7 driver install program, I can't find it on the web, but I haven't really searched for too long. the original filename is : 6-7_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_34826 so for those who want to try a driver rollback, there you go.
I) Also for ATI peeps, Rumor has it that the Omega drivers (www.omegadrivers.net) give some folks SIGNIFICANT increases in quality and speed. UPDATE!!! My personal test shows only a ~1 FPS gain and what's worse is that the Omega drivers don't support OC'ing for the 1300+ series of cards. DOUBLE worse is that reverting back to the Catalyst 6.8 drivers no longer allow ATI tool to OC my ATI 1300pro and deleted my openGL drivers which the ATI installer didn't like re-installing (I know, weak card. Give it a rest already)
I) Someone previously suggested starting the client and then Alt+Tabbing to desktop, bringing up the Task Manager, Going to processes, selecting the VGClient.exe file and setting the priority to high. might work for some.
J) TURN OFF Hardware Occulsion while in the field and TURN IT BACK ON in town. The FPS gain in the field (for me) is close to 10!!!

#2 VGCLIENT.INI Tweaks (this is the holy grail!)
go to:
[install drive]:\ProgramFiles\Sony\Vanguard\bin\vgclient.ini

Open it using notepad and make the following changes:
AnisotropicFiltering=off (which supposedly works for NVidia folks VERY well) Side Note: ALSO go into your card's propertied and change this there as well
UseJoystick=False (I don't know why but this did give me an extra 3-5 FPS)
UsePrecaching=True (For NVidia folks and some ATI folks, this is the holy grail)
UseTrilinear=False (For some folks this was an incredible boost)
UseCubemaps=False (I only noticed an ugly load screen, the game still looks fine to me)
ReduceMouseLag=False (this has worked for a few folks as well)
UseTripleBuffering=True (Only do this if you also set the vsync)
UseVSync=True (it gave me a few extra FPS)
UseSound=False (You lose the sound but can pick up nearly 5-10 FPS!!!)
Side note: instead of turning sound off you CAN set LowQualitySound=True instead!
GlobalHardwareSkinning=True (gave me a noticable bump 2-5FPS-ish)
TextureDetailWorld=5 (this controls the texture details, raising this to 5-7ish can save you a significant amount of memory and reduce stuttering. This can range from 0-7, 0 being the most detailed textures to 7 being lowest texture detail)
RenderQuality=5 (Setting this to 5 sets the game into "very high" mode but coupled with a higher TextureDetailWorld setting, it will give you the special effects of very high with the memory requirements/stuttering of a low or medium settings)

(NOTE: Changing the in-game drop-down graphics settings to Medium or High (or whatever you change it to) changes BOTH RenderQuality and TextureDetailWorld to their default settings. The trick is to adjust all the in-game settings FIRST, THEN mess with the .ini settings for these two and don't flip between low/med at all in-game since that would reset this change)

Now look for the [Engine.NullRenderDevice] Heading.
There add the line: CacheSizeMegs=64

If you HAVE a Multi-Core CPU in your Laptop//Desktop, I suggest using this tweak we have found out about a while ago.
It improves your Multi-Core CPU performance.
Windows XP Multi Core config - Does your OEM do it for you?
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=60416

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Huntress @ Jan 15 2007, 08:40 PM) [snapback]139528[/snapback][/center]
Have you done all the .ini tweaks? Have you forced pixel shading to 2.0? There are alot of steps that can be done to up your frame rates. You should be flying with your set up something just isnt configured right.
#1 GENERAL Tweaks
A) FIRST, be sure to defragment after install. Seriously, this has a HUGE impact on the game's performance.
B) Turn off your AV program and/or Firewall. I know you hate the idea of it but try it, if it doesn't help then you know you can leave it on.
C) Google the program RivaTuner 2.0 and set the card to force shading at 2.0. if anyone else figures this out please let me know. personally I think this program stinks. THIS IS AN ADVANCED TWEAK don't mess with anything else unless you know what you're doing!!! (NOTE from anarchyart: I did not do this tweak, dont bother unless you're sure you know what you are doing)
D) In the in-game settings, change sound settings to "Hardware"
E) In the in-game settings, set the resolution to 1024x768
F) In the in-game settings, turn off HDR
G) NVidia 6xxx series users, Tru using the older "71" series drivers. Linky goodness (Link en francais)
H) ATI users (I'm one myself) by far, ATI users with AMD proc's tend to be having the most problems aside from the Nvidia 6xxx users. I've been told to try the catylist 6.8 drivers (which can be found Here) I am currently using these drivers and still have the older 6.7 driver install program, I can't find it on the web, but I haven't really searched for too long. the original filename is : 6-7_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_34826 so for those who want to try a driver rollback, there you go.
I) Also for ATI peeps, Rumor has it that the Omega drivers (www.omegadrivers.net) give some folks SIGNIFICANT increases in quality and speed. UPDATE!!! My personal test shows only a ~1 FPS gain and what's worse is that the Omega drivers don't support OC'ing for the 1300+ series of cards. DOUBLE worse is that reverting back to the Catalyst 6.8 drivers no longer allow ATI tool to OC my ATI 1300pro and deleted my openGL drivers which the ATI installer didn't like re-installing (I know, weak card. Give it a rest already)
I) Someone previously suggested starting the client and then Alt+Tabbing to desktop, bringing up the Task Manager, Going to processes, selecting the VGClient.exe file and setting the priority to high. might work for some.
J) TURN OFF Hardware Occulsion while in the field and TURN IT BACK ON in town. The FPS gain in the field (for me) is close to 10!!!

#2 VGCLIENT.INI Tweaks (this is the holy grail!)
go to:
[install drive]:\ProgramFiles\Sony\Vanguard\bin\vgclient.ini

Open it using notepad and make the following changes:
AnisotropicFiltering=off (which supposedly works for NVidia folks VERY well) Side Note: ALSO go into your card's propertied and change this there as well
UseJoystick=False (I don't know why but this did give me an extra 3-5 FPS)
UsePrecaching=True (For NVidia folks and some ATI folks, this is the holy grail)
UseTrilinear=False (For some folks this was an incredible boost)
UseCubemaps=False (I only noticed an ugly load screen, the game still looks fine to me)
ReduceMouseLag=False (this has worked for a few folks as well)
UseTripleBuffering=True (Only do this if you also set the vsync)
UseVSync=True (it gave me a few extra FPS)
UseSound=False (You lose the sound but can pick up nearly 5-10 FPS!!!)
Side note: instead of turning sound off you CAN set LowQualitySound=True instead!
GlobalHardwareSkinning=True (gave me a noticable bump 2-5FPS-ish)
TextureDetailWorld=5 (this controls the texture details, raising this to 5-7ish can save you a significant amount of memory and reduce stuttering. This can range from 0-7, 0 being the most detailed textures to 7 being lowest texture detail)
RenderQuality=5 (Setting this to 5 sets the game into "very high" mode but coupled with a higher TextureDetailWorld setting, it will give you the special effects of very high with the memory requirements/stuttering of a low or medium settings)

(NOTE: Changing the in-game drop-down graphics settings to Medium or High (or whatever you change it to) changes BOTH RenderQuality and TextureDetailWorld to their default settings. The trick is to adjust all the in-game settings FIRST, THEN mess with the .ini settings for these two and don't flip between low/med at all in-game since that would reset this change)

Now look for the [Engine.NullRenderDevice] Heading.
There add the line: CacheSizeMegs=64

If you HAVE a Multi-Core CPU in your Laptop//Desktop, I suggest using this tweak we have found out about a while ago.
It improves your Multi-Core CPU performance.
Windows XP Multi Core config - Does your OEM do it for you?
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=60416
[/b]

From doing some research it is possible that some of these .ini commands are not showing which may be that Sigil has patched them into the game and you do not need to mess with them. I could be worng I have not been able to game or dick around on a PC for more then 20 minutes in the past 2 weeks so things could of changed.

Works fine now. Even with maxed graphic settings. Even in crowded places. They DID make some GREAT improvements.

Back