17yo rape victim sentenced to death

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rankin @ Feb 10 2006, 01:17 PM) [snapback]42352[/snapback][/center]
A very limited threat then. Unless its aimed at your head, like most weapons :)
If you're interested at all in the space programs of the world, poke around that site some more. There's a ton of bizarre shit that never made any headlines (cause most of it never made it anywhere near a launchpad). Still, interesting reading.
[/b]

Heh in that article I read the gun was claimed to threaten Istanbul thus making masses believe Iraq is a threat to Turkey which was bullshit. When i read the link u posted I saw even Israel didnt see it as a threat possibly becoz of the reasons I stated.

Military projects are like that its all the worst when the deciding factor is an idiot dictator. In 2nd WW Hitler even ordered of a tank weighing 1000 tons. There was also a funny rocket propelled aircraft, the pilots were so afraid to fly that shit. It was a messershmidt but forgot the code to it. However it was prolly the main idea of VTOL planes now. The only good thing about weapon technology and wars that they boost inventions, hope they stay at that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Esinoth @ Feb 10 2006, 01:18 PM) [snapback]42353[/snapback][/center]
Its not prejudice to state the fact that the way of life in countries such as Iran that woman are opressed..

although they might not realise this to such an extent because they cannot see what rights woman have in democratic countries
[/b]

Yeah i know what type of rights women has in western world, mostly sexual toys.

Might i add its also a fact that alot of strongly religious Muslim men consider western woman to be sluts and blame western societey as a whole for the way individual woman act :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Esinoth @ Feb 10 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]42360[/snapback][/center]
Might i add its also a fact that alot of strongly religious Muslim men consider western woman to be sluts and blame western societey as a whole for the way individual woman act :p
[/b]

The sluttier the better.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Esinoth @ Feb 10 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]42360[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

I dont blame anyone for their own choices. Life is a test ground and you are free to act with your own life. As long as material world is your goal you will act to achieve it. And women is used for that end, dont take my word just look to ads.

Yes western tv and ads in general is sex driven lol .. sex sells is the phrase and yeah to a degree it works.

The difference is that in a democratic societey people have the choice to take part in this behaviour, you have the right to say this is wrong i dont want to be involved or this is great, its the ability to choose that makes you "free" so to speak and not behaving in a way because its the only way you are allowed to act.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Esinoth @ Feb 10 2006, 01:42 PM) [snapback]42373[/snapback][/center]
Yes western tv and ads in general is sex driven lol .. sex sells is the phrase and yeah to a degree it works.

The difference is that in a democratic societey people have the choice to take part in this behaviour, you have the right to say this is wrong i dont want to be involved or this is great, its the ability to choose that makes you "free" so to speak and not behaving in a way because its the only way you are allowed to act.
[/b]

Sorry to wake u up but u r as long as u live in a civilized world u r ruled by laws. The difference is your laws aim material gain, our laws aim afterlife and regulate it in this world, however its still according to your choice. Noone can force anyone to believe.

Im saying that although i respect every religion in its own different way i cant begin to comprehend that the belief in an after life is justifiable for opression and human suffering. But if there is a reason im open to hear it :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Esinoth @ Feb 10 2006, 01:53 PM) [snapback]42378[/snapback][/center]
Im saying that although i respect every religion in its own different way i cant begin to comprehend that the belief in an after life is justifiable for opression and human suffering. But if there is a reason im open to hear it :D
[/b]

Opression and suffering?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Feb 10 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]42383[/snapback][/center]
Denial?
[/b]

Believe what u want to, if u guys want to stick yr heads up ye asses and want to believe what u want to, you are ofcourse free to do so. As long as your countries control oil fields you wouldnt mind till one day you face the consequences.

I cant really explain this without it sounding slightly anti-islamic so bare with me..

Im asking do you believe that the way of life in an Islamic ruled country like Iran at the moment is not slightly opressive and causes just the smallest amount of human suffering, more than what occurs in democratic country.

and the reason for this is justified because every1 will be going to an afterlife once they die.

its a genuine question that i feel needs asking even if it does seem slightly racist because i feel that in a place such as Iran you cannot blame the people that rule entirely because its the effect the religion has that determines its system of rule, ie its a way of life no matter whos in charge

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 10 2006, 12:10 PM) [snapback]42324[/snapback][/center]
If its Asur (dunno how its spelled in english) thats a very old kingdom in mezopotemia circa BC 2000
Did u really read what u linked? I am not saying Iran is an open regime but they are not utter terrorists.
[/b]

Stop making assumptions. I said that their country is currently being ruled by clerics and older cultural beliefs, which include placing woman as not equals to men. Hence why I made my comments about not being surprised a woman was originally planned to be executed for defending herself from rape.

Now, those are my opinions based on pretty obvious facts. You see things differently somehow?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 10 2006, 02:13 PM) [snapback]42384[/snapback][/center]
Believe what u want to, if u guys want to stick yr heads up ye asses and want to believe what u want to, you are ofcourse free to do so. As long as your countries control oil fields you wouldnt mind till one day you face the consequences.
[/b]

Wow....I'm really amazed at how someone as enlightened as you could be so blind. You think the middle east is sober of conspiracy, suppression, tourcher and death of their own? I've seen the video tapes of the Taliban lynching/killing individuals in the middle of the streets for not obiding by their beliefs. I've seen militants destroy ancient ruins with RPG's because they were not "Islamic", I've seen video footage of tyrants destruction of people with chemical warfare.

Argue oil all you damn please, but it will never cover the atrocities Arabs have caused their own people. Is America innocent of such things? No, but through slavery, civil war, civil rights, and a pluthora of other events will never match the chaos, destruction, and oppression that is the middle east.

The terrorist factions can attack the US...they can use chemical warfare or a nuclear weapon. Will it have an effect? Hell yeah it will have an effect, but one thing those dumbasses don't understand is although most Americans are caught up in Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, or Brangelina.....you attack us...our resolve is of that no other country can understand. The British learned it (love ya Scally), the Japanese learned it, and all terrorists no matter how long it takes will learn it. These riots in the middle east according to Iran and Syria and other middle eastern nations are to show the anger and ferocity of those individuals....that is nothing compared to the anger and ferocity we can anger up. The difference......we are civilized.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Esinoth @ Feb 10 2006, 02:18 PM) [snapback]42385[/snapback][/center]
I cant really explain this without it sounding slightly anti-islamic so bare with me..

Im asking do you believe that the way of life in an Islamic ruled country like Iran at the moment is not slightly opressive and causes just the smallest amount of human suffering, more than what occurs in democratic country.

and the reason for this is justified because every1 will be going to an afterlife once they die.
its a genuine question that i feel needs asking even if it does seem slightly racist because i feel that in a place such as Iran you cannot blame the people that rule entirely because its the effect the religion has that determines its system of rule, ie its a way of life no matter whos in charge
[/b]

As I explained in an other post Iran is Shia, their teachings have differences than Quran's, most importantly their belief in Imams. More importantly in Iran they came with a coup after many years of opression and exile during Pehlevi regime which was backed by West. They had to fight against Iraq shortly after their revolution which was again backed by West at that time. You cant judge them fairly with out taking these facts in to consideration. U.S tried to freeze the country's funds and thats why they took U.S embassy staff as hostages. And Iran is still in their boykott list.

Now it doesnt matter whether in an Islamic ruled nation or not if a woman defends herself against rape and kills the attacker shes not guilty provided she can prove that an assault is made. Do you think its different in your country? Rape is a serious crime in every society . This is not open to argument. Its self-defense and its every human beings right.

Islam laws are very strict and fierce when it comes to protecting life and property. If you kill someone purposedly the penalty is death. Only the family of the victim can pardon you, noone else. Its called Kisas.

If you steal purposedly your arm is cut.

The laws are harsh coz life is valuable so is personal property. Thats why under Islam crime is hardly ever seen.

Women has the same rights as men. They can vote and can be elected, they can work, they can get education. However mixed education is not preferred, women are valuable for a muslim men, a married woman doesnt have to work, her husband has to. She doesnt even have to clean the house or cook and these are stated in Quran. Women's responsibility is only to be faithful and preserve what belongs to family. Any men who threats his wife wrong commits a sin. Ofcourse it happens just like it happens in every part of the world. But its advised and strictly ordered not to. Men can marry upto 4 wifes provided his wifes agree. If a man divorces a woman he has to pay the amount of money which is subject to agreement before marriage. The amount is women's choice.

Like I said islamic rules and laws are regulating this life but taking after-life as a goal. Adultry is a sin so its not allowed, Drinking alcohol is sin so its not allowed. However noone can care if u commit these acts in your house. Your house is your nation. Only you can decide what you want to do in it.

Furthermore you are free not to believe, then you are not bound with rules which binds muslims only. A woman who doesnt believe and openly states it,doesnt have to use a hood. A christian woman doesnt need to use a hood and so on. In ottoman empire jews and christians were subject to their laws.

You have the liberty to be an ateist however you cant organize and preach ateizm. You may call it against freedom of speech but islam doesnt allow it for ppl to organize to preach ateizm. If you belong to any other religion, you are free to perform yr rituals. You can have yr church or whatever.

I didnt assume, the current president of Iran is not from Clergy. Altho I find Shia's imam system is opposite to Quran's teachings.

Now western life style is much different than us. Western life style takes only current life into consideration and enjoyment from it. Its an evolving set of rules. Like gay marriage, like abortion, like voting rights to women. Western laws and way of life is man made.Its your choice and you are ofcourse free to do whatever you wish. But before coming to any conclusion about Islam atleast do some search and learn what it is.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Feb 10 2006, 04:01 PM) [snapback]42409[/snapback][/center]
Wow....I'm really amazed at how someone as enlightened as you could be so blind. You think the middle east is sober of conspiracy, suppression, tourcher and death of their own? I've seen the video tapes of the Taliban lynching/killing individuals in the middle of the streets for not obiding by their beliefs. I've seen militants destroy ancient ruins with RPG's because they were not "Islamic", I've seen video footage of tyrants destruction of people with chemical warfare.

Argue oil all you damn please, but it will never cover the atrocities Arabs have caused their own people. Is America innocent of such things? No, but through slavery, civil war, civil rights, and a pluthora of other events will never match the chaos, destruction, and oppression that is the middle east.

The terrorist factions can attack the US...they can use chemical warfare or a nuclear weapon. Will it have an effect? Hell yeah it will have an effect, but one thing those dumbasses don't understand is although most Americans are caught up in Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, or Brangelina.....you attack us...our resolve is of that no other country can understand. The British learned it (love ya Scally), the Japanese learned it, and all terrorists no matter how long it takes will learn it. These riots in the middle east according to Iran and Syria and other middle eastern nations are to show the anger and ferocity of those individuals....that is nothing compared to the anger and ferocity we can anger up. The difference......we are civilized.
[/b]

No ofcourse not, I despise terrorist whether they call themselves muslims or not. They are in wrong. However I understand the reasoning behind it. Please do read my other posts again, I am stricly against all kind of opression and I am fully aware that all current muslim countries have a totaliter regime, some lighter and some even harsher. However West doesnt stop to support these regimes as long as they participate with them.

There is only one cure to terrorism, fairness and justice. You are very much mistaken to think otherwise.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scally666 @ Feb 10 2006, 08:20 AM) [snapback]42138[/snapback][/center]
Tehran, Iran, Jan. 07 ? An Iranian court has sentenced a teenage rape victim to death by hanging after she weepingly confessed that she had unintentionally killed a man who had tried to rape both her and her niece.

The state-run daily Etemaad reported on Saturday that 18-year-old Nazanin confessed to stabbing one of three men who had attacked the pair along with their boyfriends while they were spending some time in a park west of the Iranian capital in March 2005.

Nazanin, who was 17 years old at the time of the incident, said that after the three men started to throw stones at them, the two girls? boyfriends quickly escaped on their motorbikes leaving the pair helpless.

She described how the three men pushed her and her 16-year-old niece Somayeh onto the ground and tried to rape them, and said that she took out a knife from her pocket and stabbed one of the men in the hand.

As the girls tried to escape, the men once again attacked them, and at this point, Nazanin said, she stabbed one of the men in the chest. The teenage girl, however, broke down in tears in court as she explained that she had no intention of killing the man but was merely defending herself and her younger niece from rape, the report said.

The court, however, issued on Tuesday a sentence for Nazanin to be hanged to death.

Last week, a court in the city of Rasht, northern Iran, sentenced Delara Darabi to death by hanging charged with murder when she was 17 years old. Darabi has denied the charges.

In August 2004, Iran?s Islamic penal system sentenced a 16-year-old girl, Atefeh Rajabi, to death after a sham trial, in which she was accused of committing ?acts incompatible with chastity?.

The teenage victim had no access to a lawyer at any stage and efforts by her family to retain one were to no avail. Atefeh personally defended herself and told the religious judge that he should punish those who force women into adultery, not the victims. She was eventually hanged in public in the northern town of Neka.
[/b]
MAN, Thasts fucked up. if htis is true ill fuckng kill everyone who sentenced her to death. thats so fuckign stupd. i will fucking going to iran, and fucking shoot them in the head.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 10 2006, 04:47 PM) [snapback]42419[/snapback][/center]
As I explained in an other post Iran is Shia, their teachings have differences than Quran's, most importantly their belief in Imams. More importantly in Iran they came with a coup after many years of opression and exile during Pehlevi regime which was backed by West. They had to fight against Iraq shortly after their revolution which was again backed by West at that time. You cant judge them fairly with out taking these facts in to consideration. U.S tried to freeze the country's funds and thats why they took U.S embassy staff as hostages. And Iran is still in their boykott list.

Now it doesnt matter whether in an Islamic ruled nation or not if a woman defends herself against rape and kills the attacker shes not guilty provided she can prove that an assault is made. Do you think its different in your country? Rape is a serious crime in every society . This is not open to argument. Its self-defense and its every human beings right.

Islam laws are very strict and fierce when it comes to protecting life and property. If you kill someone purposedly the penalty is death. Only the family of the victim can pardon you, noone else. Its called Kisas.

If you steal purposedly your arm is cut.

The laws are harsh coz life is valuable so is personal property. Thats why under Islam crime is hardly ever seen.

Women has the same rights as men. They can vote and can be elected, they can work, they can get education. However mixed education is not preferred, women are valuable for a muslim men, a married woman doesnt have to work, her husband has to. She doesnt even have to clean the house or cook and these are stated in Quran. Women's responsibility is only to be faithful and preserve what belongs to family. Any men who threats his wife wrong commits a sin. Ofcourse it happens just like it happens in every part of the world. But its advised and strictly ordered not to. Men can marry upto 4 wifes provided his wifes agree. If a man divorces a woman he has to pay the amount of money which is subject to agreement before marriage. The amount is women's choice.

Like I said islamic rules and laws are regulating this life but taking after-life as a goal. Adultry is a sin so its not allowed, Drinking alcohol is sin so its not allowed. However noone can care if u commit these acts in your house. Your house is your nation. Only you can decide what you want to do in it.

Furthermore you are free not to believe, then you are not bound with rules which binds muslims only. A woman who doesnt believe and openly states it,doesnt have to use a hood. A christian woman doesnt need to use a hood and so on. In ottoman empire jews and christians were subject to their laws.

You have the liberty to be an ateist however you cant organize and preach ateizm. You may call it against freedom of speech but islam doesnt allow it for ppl to organize to preach ateizm. If you belong to any other religion, you are free to perform yr rituals. You can have yr church or whatever.

I didnt assume, the current president of Iran is not from Clergy. Altho I find Shia's imam system is opposite to Quran's teachings.

Now western life style is much different than us. Western life style takes only current life into consideration and enjoyment from it. Its an evolving set of rules. Like gay marriage, like abortion, like voting rights to women. Western laws and way of life is man made.Its your choice and you are ofcourse free to do whatever you wish. But before coming to any conclusion about Islam atleast do some search and learn what it is.
No ofcourse not, I despise terrorist whether they call themselves muslims or not. They are in wrong. However I understand the reasoning behind it. Please do read my other posts again, I am stricly against all kind of opression and I am fully aware that all current muslim countries have a totaliter regime, some lighter and some even harsher. However West doesnt stop to support these regimes as long as they participate with them.

There is only one cure to terrorism, fairness and justice. You are very much mistaken to think otherwise.
[/b]

Gah cant edit, there is one main difference between men and women which i forgot to put. Inheritence, its not a rule but Allah advises to give 2 times to man than woman. Its pretty complicated when there is more children so i will leave at that.:p

It's not as much of a fact that people dislike Islam when they see a story like this.

The problem stems from when governments/judiciary litigate in such a terrible fashion, and it appears from the outside to be linked to religeon.

It's easy to see something like this and say "Damn those Muslims don't understand", but the issue is most in the west are happily ignorant of the fact that not all muslim countries act in such a way.

The leaders of Iran are the issue in this case. The majority of the people living in Iran want to live like westerners... but the leadership uses an outdated interpretation of a belief system to help maintain their control over the population.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ Feb 10 2006, 06:15 PM) [snapback]42432[/snapback][/center]
It's not as much of a fact that people dislike Islam when they see a story like this.

The problem stems from when governments/judiciary litigate in such a terrible fashion, and it appears from the outside to be linked to religeon.

It's easy to see something like this and say "Damn those Muslims don't understand", but the issue is most in the west are happily ignorant of the fact that not all muslim countries act in such a way.

The leaders of Iran are the issue in this case. The majority of the people living in Iran want to live like westerners... but the leadership uses an outdated interpretation of a belief system to help maintain their control over the population.
[/b]

Let me play devil's advocate for a second. What if she really murdered the man and using rape as an excuse and furthermore West's reaction as a means to get awat from it. I have seen smilar incidents in Turkey, West is sometimes too keen to jump to such stories.

Back