17yo rape victim sentenced to death

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Feb 10 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]42275[/snapback][/center]
Nah, we figured out you were talking about libel and slander and not insults...defintely a miscommunication problem, obviously steming from a translation issue.

It is being ruled with utmost terror and using fanatical ancient culture beliefs to govern people. You're right, it doesn't make much sense. Back only 5 years ago Iran was actually becoming less fanactical. College aged students were getting worldly educations, starting to wear jeans and t-shirts, hell women were walking around in public with their faces completely exposed, and even in designer clothes. However, the party in power did not want this, so they decided to kick out all of the people who did not hold the clerics as their "leaders" from their parliment. So when their new "elections" happened the people had no one to vote for except for the clerics and their followers. Thus Iran started to regress politically and you get the situation the world is in now with Iran. It was a shame, they almost turned that country into a productive, prosperous, and educated one. Almost.
[/b]

You are ill-informed, I knew the current president of Iran is not fm clergy but did some search.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/wor...ahmadinejad.htm

The issue is nuclear program of Iran and they have every right to have it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Feb 9 2006, 05:46 PM) [snapback]42306[/snapback][/center]
Assyrians are not the same as Syrians. Assyrians are the ancient mesopotatimian culture that was barbarized by the British during the British Occupation of the middle east, to justify to the western world that arabs were barbarians since the beggining of time and therefore the British presence was proper and ok
[/b]
They call themselves Assiryans (sp), from Syria. Who knows best, them or me?! :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 10 2006, 11:51 AM) [snapback]42312[/snapback][/center]
You are ill-informed, I knew the current president of Iran is not fm clergy but did some search.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/wor...ahmadinejad.htm

The issue is nuclear program of Iran and they have every right to have it.
[/b]

See what a difference in news outlet leads to....

Here is the day reformists tried to moderate the country

Here is where the clerics kicked the reformists out of parliment. A lot of there new transgressions can be linked to these events.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Feb 10 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]42316[/snapback][/center]
They call themselves Assiryans (sp), from Syria. Who knows best, them or me?! :p
[/b]

If its Asur (dunno how its spelled in english) thats a very old kingdom in mezopotemia circa BC 2000

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Feb 10 2006, 11:59 AM) [snapback]42321[/snapback][/center]
See what a difference in news outlet leads to....

Here is the day reformists tried to moderate the country

Here is where the clerics kicked the reformists out of parliment. A lot of there new transgressions can be linked to these events.
[/b]

Did u really read what u linked? I am not saying Iran is an open regime but they are not utter terrorists.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 10 2006, 12:10 PM) [snapback]42324[/snapback][/center]
If its Asur (dunno how its spelled in english) thats a very old kingdom in mezopotemia circa BC 2000
Did u really read what u linked? I am not saying Iran is an open regime but they are not utter terrorists.
[/b]

Hezbollah

Calling for the destruction of a State

Letting Al Qaeda slip through their borders while saying "we didn't see anything"

Funding of insurgents, tampering with Iraq, and so on.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 10 2006, 09:21 AM) [snapback]42193[/snapback][/center]
Please provide me a link, I find this hard to believe.
[/b]
its easy to believe..didnt a girl from irag or iran get stoned because she didnt have her hood thing on? and one of here friends that was a boy saw her..and she was 13

and her father wanted it to happen

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Feb 10 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]42332[/snapback][/center]
Hezbollah

Calling for the destruction of a State

Letting Al Qaeda slip through their borders while saying "we didn't see anything"

Funding of insurgents, tampering with Iraq, and so on.
[/b]

The state you are talking about is Israel which is basicly by use of arms and power placed to region in expense of palastenians. I really wonder if there was a more powerful nation than U.S atm and decided to come and take some part of lets say Texas and place lets say indians and call it a Siouxland what would be your reaction.

Rest doesnt need to be discussed even.

Western world will face terrorism for a simple fact, their power is unmatched by classical weapons, till they stop thinking their power gives them the right to do whatever they please.

Yup there are certain parts of the world where it is considered the womans fault for being raped..heh i thought it was a bit weird the first time i heard that law but this is comming from the same places where men are allowed more than one wife legally but a woman is beaten is she sleeps around.

It sucks but its another part of the world... they do things differently and that seems strange to others

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Esinoth @ Feb 10 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]42337[/snapback][/center]
Yup there are certain parts of the world where it is considered the womans fault for being raped..heh i thought it was a bit weird the first time i heard that law but this is comming from the same places where men are allowed more than one wife legally but a woman is beaten is she sleeps around.

It sucks but its another part of the world... they do things differently and that seems strange to others
[/b]

There is no such law that i am aware of. From what I read there is a murder case where woman claimed she defended herself. You guys are acting like a jury and judge just becoz it happened in Iran. Disgusting.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 9 2006, 06:52 PM) [snapback]42343[/snapback][/center]
There is no such law that i am aware of. From what I read there is a murder case where woman claimed she defended herself. You guys are acting like a jury and judge just becoz it happened in Iran. Disgusting.
[/b]
So the law, prove her guilty and they execute her for it? Is very little information in the article. And it moves to other cases. Which makesit even less info.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 9 2006, 05:34 PM) [snapback]42207[/snapback][/center]
When i was doing my masters at marketing, i had an exam and i was early at the university. I dont read newspapers and I dont watch T.V. mostly as most of the time they try to sell shit to ppl. However i didnt have anything to do so I went to the nearby cafeteria and found a newspaper. There was a photo of a gun which was called cannons of hell and it was claimed that the gun could reach Istanbul, it was total bullshit and as soon as I read it I knew west is preparing to attack Iraq, this happened in 1991.
Proganda means are often used to decieve masses to justify acts. Should I need to remind Mass weapons of destruction Bush admin so claimed to exist in Iraq to justify the invasion and they are still not found.

I am starting to think U.S is preparing a new adventure.
[/b]
The 'Babylon Gun' Project
Bullshit in one sense, but actually quite real in another.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 10 2006, 02:52 AM) [snapback]42343[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

Are you claiming that in these areas a man vs a woman, the womans story is thought of as being more truthful than the mans.. i dont think so :huh: .. its a heavily male dominant way of life and indeed woman are opressed to an extent where they will rarely be believed over a man ..unless there is undesputable proof and even then i doubt shed be cleared of all the blame

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rankin @ Feb 10 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]42346[/snapback][/center]
The 'Babylon Gun' Project
Bullshit in one sense, but actually quite real in another.
[/b]

I didnt say it didnt exist i said it was bullshit coz of the sheer unusefulness of it. It poses no threat whatsoever as such a gun;

1- Stationary
2- Cant be hidden
3- Very easy to destroy
4- Impractical to use in a war as reloading of such a weapon is not practical.

There are much better ways to deliver a nuclear or biological warhead. Iraq never had the power Saddam believed he has. Its easy to decieve masses who doesnt have a clue about military matters. Even Scuds Iraq had posed no threat as Iraq extended their range thus reduced their integrity, thats why Patriot systems didnt work against scuds since it wasnt a rocket anymore but a mass of metal coming down.

ive got a pretty simple formula to fix all the middle-east vs. everyone else problems:
nuclear explosions + millions of square miles of sand = one big ass glass parking lot. we look like a bully for a few decades, till the rest of the world sees "hey, those assholes made the terrorists die down!" and gets over it.

if this ofends anyone, im sorry- ive been drinkin'

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Esinoth @ Feb 10 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]42347[/snapback][/center]
Are you claiming that in these areas a man vs a woman, the womans story is thought of as being more truthful than the mans.. i dont think so :huh: .. its a heavily male dominant way of life and indeed woman are opressed to an extent where they will rarely be believed over a man ..unless there is undesputable proof and even then i doubt shed be cleared of all the blame
[/b]

Then stick to your prejudice. You guys just love to play judge and jury, dont let me stay in the way.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 9 2006, 09:08 PM) [snapback]42349[/snapback][/center]
I didnt say it didnt exist i said it was bullshit coz of the sheer unusefulness of it. It poses no threat whatsoever as such a gun;

1- Stationary
2- Cant be hidden
3- Very easy to destroy
4- Impractical to use in a war as reloading of such a weapon is not practical.

There are much better ways to deliver a nuclear or biological warhead. Iraq never had the power Saddam believed he has. Its easy to decieve masses who doesnt have a clue about military matters. Even Scuds Iraq had posed no threat as Iraq extended their range thus reduced their integrity, thats why Patriot systems didnt work against scuds since it wasnt a rocket anymore but a mass of metal coming down.
[/b]
A very limited threat then. Unless its aimed at your head, like most weapons :)
If you're interested at all in the space programs of the world, poke around that site some more. There's a ton of bizarre shit that never made any headlines (cause most of it never made it anywhere near a launchpad). Still, interesting reading.

Its not prejudice to state the fact that the way of life in countries such as Iran that woman are opressed..

although they might not realise this to such an extent because they cannot see what rights woman have in democratic countries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 10 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]42335[/snapback][/center]
The state you are talking about is Israel which is basicly by use of arms and power placed to region in expense of palastenians. I really wonder if there was a more powerful nation than U.S atm and decided to come and take some part of lets say Texas and place lets say indians and call it a Siouxland what would be your reaction.

Rest doesnt need to be discussed even.

Western world will face terrorism for a simple fact, their power is unmatched by classical weapons, till they stop thinking their power gives them the right to do whatever they please.
[/b]

I'd say we already kicked the Indians asses.....now we are playing cowboys and terrorists.

Back