Would you join the rumored KOTOR MMO if it got made?

I remember reading ther post on there forums, it had to do with what the mmo was going to be and they said they were pushing towards doing there own IP. I dont blame them either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Feb 26 2007, 02:04 PM) [snapback]145840[/snapback][/center]
Wow Cysha outside the coffee house? :eek:
[/b]

It's scary out here :(

I think peace has broken out throughout the coffee house, everyone's just...getting along....it's scary :wacko:

Like stav said its either going to be based on Baldurs gate or neverwinter. Even the script writers they are lookimg for they require script samples based on neverwinter world so dont sweat for an other sw theme mmo fm bioware.

I wish someone make a mmo based on old pre cu combat/class/craft system with ffa rule set and an open world with fallout theme. Now that would be the uberest game evah.:) MMO companies basicly need to employ experienced MMO players such as myself.:p

Heh! That would be cool if they recruited Hakan and he made a game that is all PVP all the time. No overt or covert carebear BS. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Mar 1 2007, 07:19 PM) [snapback]146274[/snapback][/center]
Heh! That would be cool if they recruited Hakan and he made a game that is all PVP all the time. No overt or covert carebear BS. :D
[/b]

PvP in my perception is any type of relation between players where outsmarting others is involved. It doesnt always need to evolve around killing each other. My experience in games in which İ was almost always a leading figure in those showed me that player driven content is far superior to dev created content. Basicly a game needs to introduce the tools and leave rest to the players while employing a few experienced players to play the role of GMs in game utilizing the tools to them. That will end the whole argument of carebears, coz in the big picture there cant be an ultimate victory in a MMO unlike RL.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Mar 1 2007, 05:56 AM) [snapback]146300[/snapback][/center]
PvP in my perception is any type of relation between players where outsmarting others is involved. It doesnt always need to evolve around killing each other. My experience in games in which İ was almost always a leading figure in those showed me that player driven content is far superior to dev created content. Basicly a game needs to introduce the tools and leave rest to the players while employing a few experienced players to play the role of GMs in game utilizing the tools to them. That will end the whole argument of carebears, coz in the big picture there cant be an ultimate victory in a MMO unlike RL.
[/b]
yaya good good add bothans gogo fight fight

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Mar 1 2007, 04:19 AM) [snapback]146274[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

Yes, it's called an FPS. You can play them online, and are always overt and are always killing the other side.

Want a free one? Try War Rock.

Or play galaxies. There's nothing to loose and people are almost always pvp'ing. Up until chap 5, it was just an FPS with fancy trimmings. Now it has a little bit more to it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Mar 1 2007, 09:54 AM) [snapback]146320[/snapback][/center]
Yes, it's called an FPS. You can play them online, and are always overt and are always killing the other side.

Want a free one? Try War Rock.

Or play galaxies. There's nothing to loose and people are almost always pvp'ing. Up until chap 5, it was just an FPS with fancy trimmings. Now it has a little bit more to it.
[/b]
That's all well and good; but I think a game like this needs some kind of 'involuntary' PVP to keep things interesting. When I can back for the 15 day trial, I saw that people could faction farm stormtroopers in the city and not even get a TEF. It was disgusting.

The best times in SWG were the early days when people would get TEFed for pretty much anything. My group would charge into anchorhead and wipe out 15 or 20 noobs TEFed from grinding rebel missions or TEFed entertainers who made the mistake of healing a rebel.. We would terrorize the city for a couple minutes until eventually the big rebel PVPers would heed the rally call and show up for battle. And the PVP was non stop between the 2 cities of Anchorhead and Bestine 24 hours a day. At the very least you could always find a steady stream of TEFed noobs (cannon fodder) to drop at any time.

The PVP in the new SWG seems like just an FPS with no point. Its just like a seperate game that has nothing to do with the rest of the SWG community; and only people who actually want to PVP even get involved. I want to be able to jump Rebels when they aren't ready or they don't want to fight. I want to fear that some Rebels could jump me any time when I'm not ready.

Why does PVP have to be a seperate entity only for those who choose to participate, and not integrated into the experience as a whole?

Good times altho i just caught the last days of AH Bestine wars it was still a lot of fun however tf system was flawed aswell, lol in 1 fight i was attacked by almost 20 coverts using GTE. Tutok saw it and say wow I thought u were exagerating when u talk about this. Anyways A FPS is not a PvP game we want and women are not allowed to talk about pvp but go cook or w/e .:p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Mar 2 2007, 06:13 AM) [snapback]146578[/snapback][/center]
Good times altho i just caught the last days of AH Bestine wars it was still a lot of fun however tf system was flawed aswell, lol in 1 fight i was attacked by almost 20 coverts using GTE. Tutok saw it and say wow I thought u were exagerating when u talk about this. Anyways A FPS is not a PvP game we want and women are not allowed to talk about pvp but go cook or w/e .:p
[/b]

TEFs were not the problem, Group TEFs were.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Mar 2 2007, 06:13 AM) [snapback]146578[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

yeah I agree that TEFs sucked. I'd much rather just like a system where you're either rebel, imp, or neutral; and if you choose a faction at all then you are open to attacks from the other faction at all times whether you like PVP or not. No 'covert' bullshit.

Of course this would be much to the dismay of those people who want to be immune to pvp for whatever reason. But I think with the system they adopted of totally voluntary PVP; it makes PVP like a whole seperate game and not actually a part of the 'universe'. Also I think having noobs and other people who suck participate in PVP is necessary (So the medium skilled players have someone to kill :p). In SWG it was pretty much elite PVPers only. As for crafters and entertainers; they should be forced into PVP as well. But maybe they can hire bodyguards or something. This seems to resemble more of an actual community than whatever that crap SWG tried to be was.

Back