• Dancer/Musician

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Bounty Hunter

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Other: please post

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

drache

Obviously the grinds changed as the game constantly changed. I only listed what I could remember as being especially grueling in the PreCU.

I did ID for my first holo, pre mind buffs, man was that horrid. 15mins of muon, 5mins of downer for days on end, and unless you had more than one account (I didn't) someone else had to sit there with you the whole time clicking accept. And don't let your mind be too low when that downer kicked in, lol. Incapped from Image Designing.

Last edited:
I voted CH; worst grind I ever faced trying to find things killable that would still give decent XP.

A close second but not on the list would be the initial unarmed brawler tree that was a pre-req for smuggler; and you have to grind it all without the use of vibroknuckles! (In the first month of SWG it was very hard; I dunno about later...)

I voted CH; worst grind I ever faced trying to find things killable that would still give decent XP.

A close second but not on the list would be the initial unarmed brawler tree that was a pre-req for smuggler; and you have to grind it all without the use of vibroknuckles! (In the first month of SWG it was very hard; I dunno about later...)

i disagree with ch as imo it was fun ..the very use of the word grind denotes that it was somewhat tedious .. i will however grant you a reprieve with the brawler choice ...ugh it was terrible

of the ones actually listed on the poll id say ranger just because of that damn camp line omg ..../cry all the others were somewhat interesting or at least easy ( architect ..gungan hea statues ftw lol )

original bh was a beast just because of the necessary double master just to open the bh novice

o yeah b.e. was a bitch too...

I went with Bio-Engineer. It was my second holo (first was architect and noone told me about the damned statues so I did houses non-stop forever) and I started and stopped it so many times it wasn't even funny. The crafting was simple......the DNA harvesting was a pain in the ass. Remember I finally did it with a guy named Voolvif. He was flying through the sampling line (damned wookiee's) getting samples from everything and tons of xp, meanwhile I was getting tons of agro from the stuff and no samples. I was so happy when I finally completed it jsut to drop it the next day for my Master Entertainer holo.

ranger or architect. i voted for ranger though as out of the two, the camp grind was so bad that i just gave up and never mastered it

I voted Jedi because it took the longest out of any profession that I've ever grinded. (MSabers, MEnhancer, 4004 Healing represent!)

I don't see how CH was hard to grind, I loved that profession to death and leveled it kind of easy.

edit- my holos were 1) Scout, 2) Pistoleer, 3) Unknown.. I got off pretty easy with those.

Last edited:
completely depends on the timeframe and my perspective.

At first I absolutely HATED Brawler. No idea why I just really hated it. Once I got into TK I loved it though.
Archy (other than # of resources) was actually the easiest to grind.
Chef wasn't that great to grind.
In the CU I think it was probably pikeman. I never did like that class much.
I didn't do ID really until after they got the graphic interface. I tried it I think once but had no clue how it worked and had little interest in it. With the pretty interface it became pretty simple - especially if you had a willing slave.

In the NGE the only grind that doesn't suck is Entertainer. Even before they gave an xp boost, you had to do very little to level it. All the other classes you have to deal with the legacy quest, and then Kashyykkk and Dath and finally Mustafar. I haven't level'd a combat char 5 through 90 in the NGE because I always get bored of it.

I was never compelled by a holocron to do a damn thing. My game is the social one.(Though you guys picking CH as the worst 'grind' clearly never picked up a bag of jaxes from Lantus. Tame-train-release ftw.)

I would say for just pure grind, Jedi blows everything else away in terms of time and credits spent.

But for the regular professions, I always saw Ranger as a bitch to grind. I mean you had sitting grinds, crafting grinds, and hunting grinds. The worst of everything. :lol:

When I got my first dancer/musician. I did it all ATKs, not one minute AFKing, so it took ages...

I'd have to say Creature Handler Post 9 and obviously Pre 9 it would have to be Jedi. Creature Handler never really was that fun for me. :p

When I got my first dancer/musician. I did it all ATKs, not one minute AFKing, so it took ages...
Why do it ATK...........I set my macro for it and went to bed. When I woke up I trained the skill and then set it while I went to work.....ect ect. When I got my second account I AFK all the way through dancer and just sit in a cantina with the macro running soaking up hard earned credits from players who needed a mind heal or what-not, while I played on my main toon and actually did something fun.

Why do it ATK...........I set my macro for it and went to bed. When I woke up I trained the skill and then set it while I went to work.....ect ect. When I got my second account I AFK all the way through dancer and just sit in a cantina with the macro running soaking up hard earned credits from players who needed a mind heal or what-not, while I played on my main toon and actually did something fun.

Well she didn't grind at all. She likes Entertainer so to her it should have been fun right? Why grind through all the fun when you can have fun?

Well she didn't grind at all. She likes Entertainer so to her it should have been fun right? Why grind through all the fun when you can have fun?
Why not AFK grind it then be an ATK entertainer/dancer/musician/whatever when you get to the top. Atleast there it will be semi-enjoyable :)

i never liked the idea of having multiple accounts. i have always been sceptical of a monthly fee to play a game, but 2 to play just one game is madness to me

jedi wasnt all that bad...

i hated going getting to TK novice the first time...also getting to 4/0/0/0 rifleman was really slow.

Exactly. You appriciate the price the harder you've worked for it. And it was fun the first time.
I have AFKed a lot of ents after that (never in public tho) ;)

Why not AFK grind it then be an ATK entertainer/dancer/musician/whatever when you get to the top. Atleast there it will be semi-enjoyable :)
I enjoyed it one time, but never again lol (See above)

Exactly. You appriciate the price the harder you've worked for it. And it was fun the first time.
I have AFKed a lot of ents after that (never in public tho) ;)

I enjoyed it one time, but never again lol (See above)
Should have AFKed them in public Zana. I set my macro up and put some "tips" in there to entice people to try to beat them. People would inevitably see the "high tippers" list and try to out tip them. Made a good sum of money and after the first round of 10 new high tippers or so they were all legit. Easy money for doing nothing but running th eclient in the background. Used that money to support Epise (my main) in his adventures (Epise I just AFKed straight to Entertainer in Coronet then dropped it when done).

Back