Where did all the computer games go?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tavasha @ Jun 6 2006, 09:00 PM) [snapback]84913[/snapback][/center]
omg wait!!! So does this mean that my alienware won't be, INSTANTLY obsolete? I have two 256 geforce 7900GTs. So that gives me what, like... 2 months? ^_^
[/b]

:hug: i hate to be the one to tell you Tav but a computer is like an american car once it rolls off the lot it looses 1/4 of its value. That PC is almost obsolete :( But who cares what they think its still smoking and I am jealous :wub:

yeah there are some 7950s out now that have 1024mb on a single card which you can run in SLI mode rofl

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Avari @ Jun 6 2006, 09:11 PM) [snapback]84918[/snapback][/center]
now you are all speakin spainish again
[/b]

Awww sorry Avari..... Geek Speak :p lets say its new technlgoy that makes for great video :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ker-ri @ Jun 6 2006, 06:55 AM) [snapback]84909[/snapback][/center]
Correct you will find the most common solution will be dual PCI-E videocards with SLI so they run in tandem. Oh yeah it is a conspiracy. It has been too long since the last monoplistic OS was dropped on us and we had to upgrade our systems to support that *cough* XP *cough*

Okay I am done now :)
[/b]

XP did not force me to buy new components to make it work. It wasn't "that" huge of a change.

The only WinO/S that forced me to do that was when I was "forced" to go from my favorite windows O/S, 3.1.1 for Workgroups, up to the dreaded Win95 which is probably the worst O/S the Washington PC Mafia have unleashed upon us.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Jun 6 2006, 11:28 PM) [snapback]84942[/snapback][/center]
XP did not force me to buy new components to make it work. It wasn't "that" huge of a change.

The only WinO/S that forced me to do that was when I was "forced" to go from my favorite windows O/S, 3.1.1 for Workgroups, up to the dreaded Win95 which is probably the worst O/S the Washington PC Mafia have unleashed upon us.
[/b]

see now i would classify WIndows ME as the worst but thats my opinion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ker-ri @ Jun 6 2006, 10:22 AM) [snapback]84955[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

QFE...I hated ME with a passion.

Rogue Squadron forced me to get rid of my Cyrix CPU and get an AMD K6/2.
I find Games determine how out of date my system is.
For example RotW made me replace my GFX card to cure the lag I got at the top of the Tree house in Wook city. That was the main reason for getting it. :rolleyes:

But if a cool game I really want to play is Vista only then that would make me think.
I would like to get Vista but not if its too pricey and intensive.

well i wouldn't even worry about vista for at least 2 years yet before its stable :p

I've thats what has happened to every gamestore near me. ebgames, Gamestop, Planetx all have computer games thrown on a crappy little shelf and the boxs are beat the hell up. They just throw new games like oblivon on top of the other games :( :cry:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Avari @ Jun 6 2006, 04:11 AM) [snapback]84918[/snapback][/center]
now you are all speakin spainish again
[/b]
Si quieres hablo verdadero Espa?ol, tambi?n puedo entrar en tecnicidades computacionales si te parece. Es muy divertido saber sobre las tarjetas de video, de sonido y sus capacidades para con la tecnolog?a existente. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ker-ri @ Jun 6 2006, 10:22 AM) [snapback]84955[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

No f--ing way. When 95 was first released, it was by far and away the worst piece of shit EVAR!

<--- Someone who also liked IBM's O/S 2 Warp, so my viewpoint might be skewed a little. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Jun 6 2006, 09:58 AM) [snapback]85016[/snapback][/center]
No f--ing way. When 95 was first released, it was by far and away the worst piece of shit EVAR!
<--- Someone who also liked IBM's O/S 2 Warp, so my viewpoint might be skewed a little. ;)
[/b]
I jumped from a commodore 64/Typewriter to windows 95.... And it was neat :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MoobKrad @ Jun 6 2006, 01:00 PM) [snapback]85017[/snapback][/center]
I jumped from a commodore 64/Typewriter to windows 95.... And it was neat :)
[/b]

:eek:

:lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Jun 6 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]85019[/snapback][/center]
:eek:
:lol:
[/b]
I didn't have money to jump into the new computers 'til around 95. Anyway, I didn't know any computer games, so it was just for school work.

i didnt have a pc when win 95 was released but by far an away the worst OS ive encountered is windows ME

it wasnt even an OS, it was just a computer destroyer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Jun 6 2006, 10:04 AM) [snapback]85032[/snapback][/center]
i didnt have a pc when win 95 was released but by far an away the worst OS ive encountered is windows ME

it wasnt even an OS, it was just a computer destroyer
[/b]
I never tried ME. I jumped directly from 98 to XP.

My dad has one of the first IBM personal computers that were made back in the early 80's. Ran on plutonium and if you got it up to 80kps you could travel through time!

A model of it is also in the Smithsonian :blink:

I use to play Kings Quest 1-IV, Defender of the Crown, Black Culdron, Zaxxon, California Games and so on in outstanding high def CGA graphics baby!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Jun 6 2006, 10:09 AM) [snapback]85042[/snapback][/center]
My dad has one of the first IBM personal computers that were made back in the early 80's. Ran on plutonium and if you got it up to 80kps you could travel through time!

A model of it is also in the Smithsonian :blink:

I use to play Kings Quest 1-IV, Defender of the Crown, Black Culdron, Zaxxon, California Games and so on in outstanding high def CGA graphics baby!
[/b]
In the Commodore 64, I could play GI Joe, Zaxxon, Cops & Robbers, Henry's House, and other fun games.

Back