What would you eat?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rankin @ Feb 24 2006, 04:25 AM) [snapback]49470[/snapback][/center]
Merly's right on the money with the injections. Its just sub-cutaneous, pinch an inch or two and you're good to go into that. Belly's easiest to get to, you can also do the backs of your arms, top of your thighs, or your butt if you can twist that much without killing yourself.

No diabetic is ever placed on the Atkins diet. What Atkins does is basically fool your pancreas into thinking it *is* diabetic. Its a fucked up diet, and I /flail at anyone I learn wants to try it cause its dangerous as hell long-term. But that's a rant for another day.
Type 1's inject insulin, cause our pancreases no longer produce insulin at all. Type 2's are able to control it with diet or oral drugs, because their pancreases still *work*, just in a diminished capacity.

Hit me over the head when you know more, we can talk shop then. And quit freaking out in the meantime :) Stressing over a test result you can't control is wasted energy. I know not knowing is the skeery bit, just keep on keepin' on as you are until you hear different is all I'm saying. :) And don't worry about "giving things up" either. Moderation is the key if that comes back positive.
[/b]
So is becoming a vegan :D When you cut red meat specifically out of your diet you get right of a vitamin called B-12. Which stimulates brain cells and motor function cells to be specific. To sum it up, becoming a vegan over an extended time will turn you into a vegetable, no pun intended.

Just incase anyone wants to argue the tofu, nuts or soy for protein angle. Vitamin B-12 is found in one thing found in the world naturally, animal fat. To sum it up, eat animals, cause they're tasty and needed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LilHammie @ Feb 23 2006, 02:37 PM) [snapback]49504[/snapback][/center]
So is becoming a vegan :D When you cut red meat specifically out of your diet you get right of a vitamin called B-12. Which stimulates brain cells and motor function cells to be specific. To sum it up, becoming a vegan over an extended time will turn you into a vegetable, no pun intended.

Just incase anyone wants to argue the tofu, nuts or soy for protein angle. Vitamin B-12 is found in one thing found in the world naturally, animal fat. To sum it up, eat animals, cause they're tasty and needed.
[/b]

It's called vitamin pills. (and no I'm not a vegan.)

Um, what about your body, it makes "animal fat". So does it make B-12 out of tofu and whatnot?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Feb 24 2006, 05:39 AM) [snapback]49508[/snapback][/center]
It's called vitamin pills. (and no I'm not a vegan.)
[/b]
I know, I was just stating. To make a vitamin pill that'd mean they'd be using extracts from animal fat, so that would kinda contradict the vegan effort wouldn't it?

Some research to what I'm saying...

Introduction

Vitamin B12 is a member of the vitamin B complex. It contains cobalt, and so is also known as cobalamin. It is exclusively synthesised by bacteria and is found primarily in meat, eggs and dairy products. There has been considerable research into proposed plant sources of vitamin B12. Fermented soya products, seaweeds, and algae such as spirulina have all been suggested as containing significant B12. However, the present consensus is that any B12 present in plant foods is likely to be unavailable to humans and so these foods should not be relied upon as safe sources. Many vegan foods are supplemented with B12. Vitamin B12 is necessary for the synthesis of red blood cells, the maintenance of the nervous system, and growth and development in children. Deficiency can cause anaemia. Vitamin B12 neuropathy, involving the degeneration of nerve fibres and irreversible neurological damage, can also occur.

Functions

Vitamin B12's primary functions are in the formation of red blood cells and the maintenence of a healthy nervous system. B12 is necessary for the rapid synthesis of DNA during cell division. This is especially important in tissues where cells are dividing rapidly, particularly the bone marrow tissues responsible for red blood cell formation. If B12 deficiency occurs, DNA production is disrupted and abnormal cells called megaloblasts occur. This results in anaemia. Symptoms include excessive tiredness, breathlessness, listlessness, pallor, and poor resistance to infection. Other symptoms can include a smooth, sore tongue and menstrual disorders. Anaemia may also be due to folic acid deficiency, folic acid also being necessary for DNA synthesis.
B12 is also important in maintaining the nervous system. Nerves are surrounded by an insulating fatty sheath comprised of a complex protein called myelin. B12 plays a vital role in the metabolism of fatty acids essential for the maintainence of myelin. Prolonged B12 deficiency can lead to nerve degeneration and irreversible neurological damage.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darein @ Feb 24 2006, 05:41 AM) [snapback]49511[/snapback][/center]
Um, what about your body, it makes "animal fat". So does it make B-12 out of tofu and whatnot?
[/b]
The fat you see in your body is stored fat from excessive intake. Which when broken down is translated to amino acids which form THP, then turns into energy to be exhausted. So no it doesn't use the fat for nutritional value at all.

Part of the problem with today is the incredible amount of crap we have in our diets. Have you ever read the ingredients on what you eat when you buy prepackaged foods? We over eat, portions in restaraunts are too big, we stuff our selves stupid with fried, greasy, coloured, crap andthen we wonder why we are sick.

moderation is the key and some exorsize. Drop the garbage from your diet.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Avari @ Feb 24 2006, 07:21 AM) [snapback]49547[/snapback][/center]
I'd eat a whole lot of boobie milk
[/b]
Wouldn't you be drinking it? Eating it sounds painful for the source. :unsure:

Back