Wanderhome History

Wanderhome History

• Yes, but I just wanna read.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - it'd be a flamefest.

• No, I have no interest in this at all.

• Other (explain please)

• Total voters

Tiveria

Sheeptastic!
I had an idea the other night about creating a site where people could log in and put their stories, characters, guilds, etc so people could read about them. So we'd know the history of this awesome server. I want to know if it's something people want before I do too much more in it, however.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Sep 19 2006, 10:54 AM) [snapback]118209[/snapback][/center]
I had an idea the other night about creating a site where people could log in and put their stories, characters, guilds, etc so people could read about them. So we'd know the history of this awesome server. I want to know if it's something people want before I do too much more in it, however.
[/b]
:hug: :sheep:

You bet your fluffy ass! I've got 3 years worth of stories for that book. You'll laugh, you'll cry! You'll pick up your scatter pistol and run out for blood!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sranlisian @ Sep 19 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]118228[/snapback][/center]
You bet your fluffy ass! I've got 3 years worth of stories for that book. You'll laugh, you'll cry! You'll pick up your scatter pistol and run out for blood!
[/b]
Fluffy and Tiv's ass are two different things *giggle* :lol:

Great idea Tiv, I have some Amazing stories with lots of heroes and villains that i would like to share

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Sep 19 2006, 02:47 PM) [snapback]118240[/snapback][/center]
Fluffy and Tiv's ass are two different things *giggle* :lol:
[/b]

Yeah, my ass is for sale!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Sep 19 2006, 04:52 PM) [snapback]118289[/snapback][/center]
kinda hairy ain't it?
[/b]

Damn right, ain't cheap either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Sep 19 2006, 04:52 PM) [snapback]118290[/snapback][/center]
Damn right, ain't cheap either.
[/b]

*sighs*

I'll never have enough money for it I think.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

not quite sure you can make a history of wanderhome. Even if you tried, i don't think it would be anywhere near whole or complete. There's so many simultaneous events that happened that directly affected wanderhome. Most likely this will end up being a focus thread on the "important" guilds and people, such as DoA, ELITE, AoW, TacD, TCON, Chinatown, etc. You'll end up insulting more people. There are thousands of Wanderhome players who are unaccounted for. Attempting to make a history is an injustice to them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Sep 19 2006, 06:57 PM) [snapback]118345[/snapback][/center]
not quite sure you can make a history of wanderhome. Even if you tried, i don't think it would be anywhere near whole or complete. There's so many simultaneous events that happened that directly affected wanderhome. Most likely this will end up being a focus thread on the "important" guilds and people, such as DoA, ELITE, AoW, TacD, TCON, Chinatown, etc. You'll end up insulting more people. There are thousands of Wanderhome players who are unaccounted for. Attempting to make a history is an injustice to them.
[/b]
It could be cool if everyone is allowed to contribute (except for the few morons that post up BS)

The reason I came up with this idea is because of Myrdyr. Completely because of him.

You see - he told me the story about Hakan and TDP, and I thought - you know..if he didn't tell me, I never would have known. There are thousands of stories like that that are out there waiting to be told.

Will it get everyone? Hell no. But if we have even some of the stories that make this server great, it would cool.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Sep 20 2006, 09:05 AM) [snapback]118357[/snapback][/center]
The reason I came up with this idea is because of Myrdyr. Completely because of him.

You see - he told me the story about Hakan and TDP, and I thought - you know..if he didn't tell me, I never would have known. There are thousands of stories like that that are out there waiting to be told.

Will it get everyone? Hell no. But if we have even some of the stories that make this server great, it would cool.
[/b]

I'll help in any way I can Tiv, I have about 2 weeks to run on my accounts, I'll gladly drop a building somewhere and pay 50 years worth of maintenance on it if you would like to set up an in-game entity for the history site.

Kinda like visit the website then go see the museum.

Maybe we could gather a few Wanderhome 'relics' things like Spyff's legendery T21 and stuff like that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Myrdyr @ Sep 19 2006, 07:23 PM) [snapback]118360[/snapback][/center]
I'll help in any way I can Tiv, I have about 2 weeks to run on my accounts, I'll gladly drop a building somewhere and pay 50 years worth of maintenance on it if you would like to set up an in-game entity for the history site.

Kinda like visit the website then go see the museum.

Maybe we could gather a few Wanderhome 'relics' things like Spyff's legendery T21 and stuff like that.
[/b]

Ohhh I like that idea.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Sep 20 2006, 09:30 AM) [snapback]118365[/snapback][/center]
Ohhh I like that idea.
[/b]

The hard thing would be tracking them down, I'm pretty sure Reek would know where that T21 is. But other things, who knows?

But a further idea mught be to 'theme' rooms. There are some guilds/people that stand out in WH history, we could invite them to submit items for display in their own areas, I'm sure we could tempt Cahnuuk into finding some of that original RIS he and Huntress spent so much time farming kimos for. Stuff like that.

I'll have a chat with Beer, he's about to quit and I think he might like to fund something like this if it takes cash to aquire some of these items.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Myrdyr @ Sep 20 2006, 09:34 AM) [snapback]118368[/snapback][/center]
The hard thing would be tracking them down, I'm pretty sure Reek would know where that T21 is. But other things, who knows?

But a further idea mught be to 'theme' rooms. There are some guilds/people that stand out in WH history, we could invite them to submit items for display in their own areas, I'm sure we could tempt Cahnuuk into finding some of that original RIS he and Huntress spent so much time farming kimos for. Stuff like that.

I'll have a chat with Beer, he's about to quit and I think he might like to fund something like this if it takes cash to aquire some of these items.
[/b]

Actually I have something we could throw in there, I have the first set of player crafted BH armour made on the server, the whole of TDP farmed the schematics within a few hours of the BH missions starting droppig them and Beer had enough pico pico feathers to craft a health bonus set up, I was wearing this suit within 4 hours of the armour schematics starting to drop. As far as I know it's the first suit ever made.

Back