w00t! Got my tickets!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Aug 3 2006, 08:10 AM) [snapback]100771[/snapback][/center]
Don't know who is or was Morrison, don't know who is Tool or the Doors.
[/b]

Ok not having heard of TOOL I can understand.

But The Doors?

I thought everyone knew whe they were? even if you never listened to them!

You gonna make me zip up the entire Doors collection as well?

Gonna take me half a day to upload ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zampy @ Aug 2 2006, 03:11 PM) [snapback]100773[/snapback][/center]
wow... i've lost faith in mankind
[/b]
Just ask yerself are they Metal or Jap Pop/Rock?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Myrdyr @ Aug 2 2006, 03:13 PM) [snapback]100779[/snapback][/center]
Ok not having heard of TOOL I can understand.

But The Doors?

I thought everyone knew whe they were? even if you never listened to them!

You gonna make me zip up the entire Doors collection as well?

Gonna take me half a day to upload ;)
[/b]
Have you ever thought it's not my cup of tea? :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Aug 3 2006, 08:15 AM) [snapback]100781[/snapback][/center]
Just as yerself are they Metal or Jap Pop/Rock?
[/b]

Hmm, neither really.

TOOL are just TOOL

The Doors I guess you would say Psychedelic with blues influences.

the doors are classic rock
tool is i would think a combination of rock, metal, and alternative all at the same time. i'm not even sure

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Aug 2 2006, 06:17 PM) [snapback]100781[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
no, because it's our job now to force you to drink it :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Aug 3 2006, 08:17 AM) [snapback]100781[/snapback][/center]
Just ask yerself are they Metal or Jap Pop/Rock?
[/b]

Well that's hard to say really eh?

If you knew who they were and you said they sucked then I would agree they ain't your cup of tea.

But as you don't know them then how can we discern your personal preference?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Aug 2 2006, 03:18 PM) [snapback]100786[/snapback][/center]
i havent heard of the doors either lol. i definately know who KISS are though hehe
[/b]
See, see? He is clueless too. They are not as famous as you (Myrdyr & some Zampy) think. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Aug 3 2006, 08:18 AM) [snapback]100786[/snapback][/center]
i havent heard of the doors either lol. i definately know who KISS are though hehe
[/b]

OMFG I'm laughing my nuts off here.

How can a guy that comes across as a pretty cool individual not know who the doors were!

/laugh

I can see much uploading this evening.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Myrdyr @ Aug 2 2006, 03:18 PM) [snapback]100789[/snapback][/center]
Well that's hard to say really eh?

If you knew who they were and you said they sucked then I would agree they ain't your cup of tea.

But as you don't know them then how can we discern your personal preference?
[/b]
Let's say I heard them in the radio before. I used to listen to the radio a lot when I was younger. Rock stations, somewhere along those years I'm sure I might have heard the songs. To discern is not my cup of tea, just ask yerself, why didn't I looked them up?

I remember calling to the stations several times looking for names and bands of certain songs. That's how I found out about Scorpions, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeath, Wizard, Yess, Genesis, and so forth. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zampy @ Aug 3 2006, 08:22 AM) [snapback]100794[/snapback][/center]
lmao will be interesting to see. how much bandwidth do you have on your site?
[/b]

The TDP server is 100 megabit :) costs us $200 a month to run this baby but it's worth it, we rape usenet every day :)

It's the slow upload from my PC to the TDP server that sucks right now, half a meg upload :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Aug 3 2006, 08:24 AM) [snapback]100795[/snapback][/center]
Let's say I heard them in the radio before. I used to listen to the radio a lot when I was younger. Rock stations, somewhere along those years I'm sure I might have heard the songs. To discern is not my cup of tea, just ask yerself, why didn't I looked them up?

I remember calling to the stations several times looking for names and bands of certain songs. That's how I found out about Scorpions, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeath, Wizard, Yess, Genesis, and so forth. :p
[/b]

See, you are cheating now :)

You said you didn't know who they were but now you are intimating you have heard them before. Have you or havn't you? Real simple question, yes or no :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Myrdyr @ Aug 2 2006, 11:20 PM) [snapback]100793[/snapback][/center]
OMFG I'm laughing my nuts off here.

How can a guy that comes across as a pretty cool individual not know who the doors were!

/laugh

I can see much uploading this evening. [/b]
hehe i cant explain it. tbh my musical knowledge isnt that great - if i hear something i like on the radio then ill go pick up and album (unless its prodigy who i <3 and have all their stuff even before its officially released :D). but yeah i havent really explored much else however im about to goto bed so no rush on the upload

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Myrdyr @ Aug 2 2006, 03:28 PM) [snapback]100796[/snapback][/center]
The TDP server is 100 megabit :) costs us $200 a month to run this baby but it's worth it, we rape usenet every day :)

It's the slow upload from my PC to the TDP server that sucks right now, half a meg upload :(
See, you are cheating now :)

You said you didn't know who they were but now you are intimating you have heard them before. Have you or havn't you? Real simple question, yes or no :)
[/b]
I don't know who they are. But, if they are asfamous as you imply, then I might have heard them in the radio at one point or another. However, seems I was never that interested in any of their songs (I'm speculating). And thus, I never looked for them.

Understand?! :huh:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Myrdyr @ Aug 2 2006, 03:35 PM) [snapback]100801[/snapback][/center]
Shh, don't stress the 40 thing! I'm only a few months behind you :)
[/b]
I'm 23 and not of this world. :mellow:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Aug 3 2006, 08:37 AM) [snapback]100803[/snapback][/center]
i seriously cant imagine myself turning 40. seriously.
[/b]

It happens bro :)

It aint that bad though really, it depends how you are as a person. I still get drunk most days, spend far too much cash on modern medicine, go out partying, get laid, the stuff I have always done since I was a teenager :)

Now 50, that's a different game, I guess I gotta start wearing tweed jackets and talk about pension funds then :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Aug 3 2006, 08:40 AM) [snapback]100804[/snapback][/center]
Understand?!
[/b]

See this is a tough choice, if I say I understand then it kills this rather fun debate we have going on.

So no, I don't understand :)

Back