The conspiracy continues...

G

Some jerk keeps deleting my Zippy article on Wikipedia as soon as I post it. :angry:

Here's the article while it lasts ;) :
link
I'll probably create another account later so I can delete that warning crap. We can't let the bad people win!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Sep 20 2006, 06:57 AM) [snapback]118471[/snapback][/center]
Here's the article while it lasts ;) :
link
I'll probably create another account later so I can delete that warning crap. We can't let the bad people win!
[/b]
They're calling Zippy a minor character.

I'm working on an account so I can say it's legit :p

(Not that my word counts over anyone else's, but at least it'll give you some back up :) )

It's gone.....

I'll have to make some new accounts with proxy servers and repost that thing like 3 times a day now. Wikipedia fails to understand how persistant I can be. :angry:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Sep 20 2006, 03:00 PM) [snapback]118666[/snapback][/center]
anyway i can help?
[/b]
Here's a transcript of the Zippy article; in case anyone wants to join me in my crusade against Wikipedia. Post at your own risk ;) :

{| class="toccolours" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" style="margin: 0 0 1em 1em; float: right; width: 300px; border-collapse: collapse;"
|+ <big>'''Zippy'''</big>
|-
| colspan="2" style="background: black;" |
[[Image:ScreenShot0266.jpg|330px|Dantooine]]
|-
! Species
| Bagaraset
|-
! Born on
| Correlia
|-
! Game
| [[Star Wars Galaxies]]
|-
! Developer
| [[Sony Online Entertainment]]
|-
! Publisher
| [[LucasArts]]
|-
! Released
| [[June 26]], [[2003]]
|}

== Story ==
Zippy, a bagaraset, is the official mascot of the [[Imperial]] forces of Wanderhome, a server on the [[MMORPG]] [[Star Wars Galaxies]]. Born on the planet of Correlia, Zippy was forced to flee to Tattooine after the murder of his family by Rebels. He wandered the planet for years before being discovered by a high ranking Imperial officer, a [[rodian]] named Hippo during one of his trips to [[Jabba]]'s palace on [[Tatooine]]. This wiley bagaraset then quickly rose through the ranks of the Imperial army, eventually attaining the rank of "greatest PVPer on Wanderhome".

== History ==
Zippy was created by an SWG player named hippo when he became bored with the state of the ill-fated MMORPG. He had actually created the pet bagaraset when he first started the game in June of 2003 at SWG's launch, but it was not until over a year later that Zippy reached full-fledged celebrity status. Hippo became bored and frustrated with the game and SOE's refusal to properly balance the different professions in the game, namely the smuggler profession. With the rise of the Jedi and as Hippo became more and more useless in PVP by no fault of his own; he resorted to annoyance tactics, like having Zippy "follow" people of the Rebel faction as they tried to fight. At almost every major PVP battle on the server, Hippo was there. But you wouldn't know it, since his smuggler skills and his highly expensive and rare pistols were practically useless in battle. But at every battle, Zippy was also there, providing moral support to the Imperial troops and leading them on to victory against the Tyranny of such guilds as DOA, ELEET and AOW. At one such battle, Galladel of the Imperial forces broke out in song: "Zippy, Zippy, the Imperial horse thingy!" and a legend was born.

As time went on, Hippo's time in SWG decreased drastically. From time to time, he would log onto the official SWG forums and spam them with Zippy nonsense. He quickly found that some people took great offense to these postings, which made it even more fun so he posted them even more often. He was banned a total of 3 times, including one year long ban that was later revoked.

These days, Hippo still posts on the [http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/ Wanderhomies] forums occasionally. And as for Zippy, it's doubtful he'll ever be forgotten.

== References ==

*[http://swg.warcry.com/index.php/data/creatures/view_types.php?id=2/ SWG Warcry]
*[http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/ Official SWG Website]

== External Links ==

*[http://home.comcast.net/~rj.lloyd/mascot/mascot.htm/ Zippy's official website]
*[http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/ Official SWG website]
*[http://www.wanderhomies.com/forum/index.php?act=idx Wanderhomies Forum][/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sranlisian @ Sep 20 2006, 01:57 PM) [snapback]118747[/snapback][/center]
Find a dark corner and hang yourself
[/b]
Why? Being a loner entitles you to not knoeing people.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Sep 20 2006, 05:03 PM) [snapback]118750[/snapback][/center]
how do you post stuff on there? i havent dont it before
[/b]
That site is like an encyclopedia where anyone can add stories or edit anything on there. All you do is go to 'edit page' and you can change someone elses article or add a new one. It's pretty much open to anyone at all from adding or changing anything they want on the whole site; except there are mods that prevent idiots from adding stupid stuff :rolleyes: , or from destroying someone elses serious article.

yeah i know all that but i was referring to this:
Zippy (SWG)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This page has been deleted, and protected to prevent re-creation.

* If you created an article under this title previously, it has been deleted. For possible reasons, consult the criteria for speedy deletion, or articles for deletion or this article's entry on articles for deletion. An explanation might also appear in the deletion log.
* Recreation can be discussed on the talk page or at Deletion Review.
* Further information may be available by checking the protection log and contacting the administrator who protected the page.
* Administrators may view the page history and content at Special:Undelete/Zippy_(SWG).[/b]
doesnt look like i can do much

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Sep 20 2006, 05:09 PM) [snapback]118757[/snapback][/center]
yeah i know all that but i was referring to this:

doesnt look like i can do much
[/b]
You can make it under a slightly different name I guess :p

I'll probably just get lazy and make it Zippy 1,Zippy2,3,4.....90000. Wikipedia cannot beat me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Sep 20 2006, 05:41 PM) [snapback]118794[/snapback][/center]
yeah but they can ban you :p

although the proxy thing might help hehe
[/b]
Proxy servers are a necessity for internet wars. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Sep 20 2006, 02:53 PM) [snapback]118805[/snapback][/center]
Proxy servers are a necessity for internet wars. :D
[/b]
Keep trying, but I'm sure you will give up faster than them.

Back