Strange Optical Illusion

Gah why can't you guys see her spinning the other way it was rather easy for me at first. :p

Ok heres an easier way to see it, cover the top half of her so you can only see her legs and when her leg is pointed to the left, mid spin move your hand and you should see her going counter clockwise, do it the opposite way to get her to spin clockwise. :p

It seems like the shadow is moving clockwise, so whenever I see the shadow she starts spinning clockwise, LOL.

When I focused on her head (I shrunk my browser window so just saw her head) she started going counter-clockwise again.

Gah... who cares which way she's spinning, she's got digital nipples... LOL!

Last edited:
It seems like the shadow is moving clockwise, so whenever I see the shadow she starts spinning clockwise, LOL.

That worked for me. When I focused on her shadow I was able to make her spin in either direction.

i think you are all lying. no matter what i do i cannot see her going any way other than clockwise

i think you are all lying. no matter what i do i cannot see her going any way other than clockwise

After two days of periodically visualizing clockwise motion in my mind, I took a look again today and saw clockwise motion. Then I went back, and it was counterclockwise again.

The one-eye-closed trick does not work for me.

The funny thing is that while I have no problem vividly visualizing both directions in my mind, the actual image is actually strongly biased toward counter-clockwise for me. This probably means that the detail-filling that helps interpret the image happens earlier in the vision processing chain than the mental-replay does.

Back