Strange Optical Illusion

drache

When you look at this spinning woman, which way is she spinning? Clockwise or counter-clockwise?
Spinning-Silhouette-Optical-Illusion.gif

Turns out that if you look at it for a bit she'll change directions on you and sometimes she'll get stuck going the reverse of what you first saw. I finally figured out how to get her to spin either way.
Original site:
http://www.maniacworld.com/Spinning-Silhouette-Optical-Illusion.html

cool illusion she changed directions a few times while I was staring at it

I only ever saw her going counter clockwise, I've seen alot of these illusions that try to trick the eye, and they so rarely work on me :(

For most optical illusions you have to utilize your peripheral vision and then chance your eye focus back and forth. :p

Hrmm seems for this particular illusion you have to focus on her legs at the point where they overlap eachother is when she changes directions, what I did to see her spin counter clockwise was squint my eyes till I could barely see and focus on the legs and voila!

I saw her going counter-clockwise at first, and then clockwise, and now she won't stop spinning clockwise, LOL.

Another interesting tidbit, this isn't the first time I've seen this effect. I can't remember who but somebody had an "SOE sucks" hologram avatar or signature that appeared to switch directions sometimes.

I saw her going counter-clockwise at first, and then clockwise, and now she won't stop spinning clockwise, LOL.

Another interesting tidbit, this isn't the first time I've seen this effect. I can't remember who but somebody had an "SOE sucks" hologram avatar or signature that appeared to switch directions sometimes.
They do suck. :lol: Regardless which way is rotating.

still haven't noticed anything in that image besides the nipples :p

I wonder if there is some kind of psychological bit of info on who sees her going which way.

BTW for me she goes clockwise. I've tried to focus on her going the other way, but she just goes clockwise.

You need to let your eyes go outta focus and use your perhipheral vision. That's what works for me.

If I look at the text below the image and look at her legs peripherally I can force her legs to swing the other way then when I look up she has changed directions.

And yes, the nips are distracting!

Back