Sony pwns itself

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ker-ri @ Jul 7 2006, 10:31 AM) [snapback]92928[/snapback][/center]
mmm spicey tuna FTW :wub: with a little wasabi....... :licks lips: I know what i am having for lunch
But that aside, the advertising company really didnt think it through but I will through a wrench in the racisim train of thought.......What if the roles were reversed and say they did that when playstation 2 came out (black) and playstation 1 (white) was retired? Would there be as much of an outrage over an african american (if you live in the U.S.) doing that to a white person?
[/b]

In this day in age, the white individuals would honestly be offended, but wouldn't say anything for fear of being seen as racist. My personal opinion is that we're all too often being pushed over simply because of the racism card. Look at that senator who got away with assaulting an officer? If those race roles had been reversed, the senator would have had a LOT more than just a few comical scenes on TV/internet.

Racism does exist, however, the people taking advantage of the way our society feels about racism is starting to outweigh the actual racists.

I personally believe that the add wasnt meant to be racist in fact i think its cool.
...but i have to agree that the marketing team should have found a medium.
This is America and we still have people who think the white man is holding them back
and we have poor souls believing that all minorities are the cause for our moral and
cultural instability...*shrugs*
This is 2006 and we still have such a long way to go. *sighs*
but back to the topic at hand ...
I like the idea of the aformentioned black and white clothing, or hell why not just
use the 2 characters from Spy vs Spy or better yet use the existing ad and show
the black model show some aggression toward the white model like a clinched fist
or grabbing her by her collar to show balance so it doesnt give either side room to bitch.

*grabs soapbox and walks away*

Darnnit Rankin...you beat me to the punch!!!
Someone please cook him!

It works great, All Publicity is great, and bad is even better. It gets people talking about the product, and makes those lazy people in PR do some work for once. The ad can be contrasted in many ways, but as with any advertisement it is the perception of the viewer that is the point, and within our over politically correct society there is not much corporations can do without being shit on.

Back