My next computer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Merlyn @ Apr 12 2006, 04:23 PM) [snapback]69705[/snapback][/center]
ooohhh Gomi, that's SHINY!!!!!
[/b]
From power on to GUI - 40 sec that includes initializing the raid arrays.
I lost a video card when the mobo blew last time so it will be 6-8 weeks before I get a replacement.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gomi @ Apr 12 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback]69733[/snapback][/center]
I lost a video card when the mobo blew last time so it will be 6-8 weeks before I get a replacement.
[/b]
Good god! It'll never be complete. :p.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Apr 11 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]69521[/snapback][/center]
I am going to use an ethernet PCI card cause i've had bad experiences with integrated ethernet cards. The last one i used ended up running ridiculously slow. I disabled it, installed a Netgear PCI Ethernet card, and the problem was solved
[/b]

The differences lie in the buses provided by the motherboard. "Most" motherboard's ethernet slot will run as fast or faster than a PCI card. Unless you had a crappy, cheap ass motherboard, then that's a different story.

BTW, an excellent article on "tweaking" your WInXP machine is found here: http://articles.networktechs.com/printer-10.html

Enjoy!

i suspected it was a crappy motherboard that would be the cause of such a problem that stav had but i didnt know enough about them and the different pci cards out there. thanks for the confirmation :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noahTHEpurdy @ Apr 12 2006, 09:40 PM) [snapback]69735[/snapback][/center]
Good god! It'll never be complete. :p.
[/b]
Yes but it's playable now

im uber tempted to start preparations for building a new one but i have to make a down payment on accomodation for university next year and i cant afford to start yet argh

Back