My next computer

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
I'm figuring i'll purchase and assemble all these parts around the end of August or begining of September. Meaning, I gotta save up till then :)
My Dream Comp

ummm, thats less powerful than mine, and even when you configure it to match up to my stats, its still way more expensive :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Apr 11 2006, 02:01 PM) [snapback]69211[/snapback][/center]
ummm, thats less powerful than mine, and even when you configure it to match up to my stats, its still way more expensive :D
[/b]
To be quite honest I didn't even look at your specs. I believe I shall put my foot in my mouth and do so now. :D

I looked over your stuffs..and one question. Does yours come with two video cards? Because mine would.

stav id wait computer wise for just a little bit - i know i am anyway. i am no expert but i am waiting a few months before putting one together due to the new processor techs that will be coming out in june-ish i think - although you could argue that one can always say that new techs are on the horizon but yeah...

i personally am waiting till around august/september before i put a new one together because of this new tech stuff and the time it takes to get all the bugs and hiccups out (which are almost always there when something new is launched)

looks sweet Stav :) just add some neons :p

but think carefully on the dual core. f you do a lot of multitasking and running multiple processor intensive applications than it is worth it but if not just the straight Anthalon might be a good investment, cheaper. I also did not see an OS don't forget with a 64 bit processor you need the 64 bit version of Window$ which is a bit more than the standard 32 bit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Merlyn @ Apr 11 2006, 09:06 PM) [snapback]69260[/snapback][/center]
water cooling FTW
[/b]

mmmm i always wanted to build a rig with one of those water cooling systems ^_^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ker-ri @ Apr 11 2006, 09:25 PM) [snapback]69267[/snapback][/center]
mmmm i always wanted to build a rig with one of those water cooling systems ^_^
[/b]
So did I, 'till I realised that if the tubing broke, it'd fuck the whole thing...

Speaking of dream PC... Gomi.....? :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noahTHEpurdy @ Apr 11 2006, 09:38 PM) [snapback]69271[/snapback][/center]
So did I, 'till I realised that if the tubing broke, it'd fuck the whole thing...
Speaking of dream PC... Gomi.....? :p
[/b]
Fucking UPS was supposed to be here yesterday

04/10/2006 22:01:00 DESTINATION SCAN AUGUSTA, GA, US
04/10/2006 07:29:00 OUT FOR DELIVERY AUGUSTA, GA, US
04/10/2006 06:50:00 ARRIVAL SCAN AUGUSTA, GA, US
04/10/2006 02:48:00 DEPARTURE SCAN ATLANTA, GA, US
04/10/2006 00:20:00 LOCATION SCAN ATLANTA, GA, US
04/09/2006 23:52:00 UNLOAD SCAN ATLANTA, GA, US
04/07/2006 20:41:00 ARRIVAL SCAN ATLANTA, GA, US
04/07/2006 03:44:00 DEPARTURE SCAN EDISON, NJ, US
04/06/2006 19:13:00 ORIGIN SCAN EDISON, NJ, US
04/06/2006 16:16:48 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED[M] EDISON, NJ, US

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gomi @ Apr 11 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]69270[/snapback][/center]
If UPS decides to show up today here is what I will be playing warcraft on when the servers come up.
Cost me under 3k when it was all said and done. Oh and don't have anything shipped by UPS
[/b]

Useless Parcel Service

I hate them to death and agree 1000000% with Gomi on this

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pawe @ Apr 10 2006, 11:08 PM) [snapback]69213[/snapback][/center]
To be quite honest I didn't even look at your specs. I believe I shall put my foot in my mouth and do so now. :D

I looked over your stuffs..and one question. Does yours come with two video cards? Because mine would.
[/b]
I couldn't find a Dual 512MB video card on the market, so i resorted to this. And i don't think i'll have enouch PCI slots for two video cards, i think i've maxed them out with what i customized

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Apr 11 2006, 02:19 AM) [snapback]69246[/snapback][/center]
stav id wait computer wise for just a little bit - i know i am anyway. i am no expert but i am waiting a few months before putting one together due to the new processor techs that will be coming out in june-ish i think - although you could argue that one can always say that new techs are on the horizon but yeah...

i personally am waiting till around august/september before i put a new one together because of this new tech stuff and the time it takes to get all the bugs and hiccups out (which are almost always there when something new is launched)
[/b]
Read my original post, i said i won't be buying till at least august/september :p so most likely, when the new stuff comes out, i'll get the new stuff, for around the same price

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ker-ri @ Apr 11 2006, 05:52 AM) [snapback]69257[/snapback][/center]
looks sweet Stav :) just add some neons :p

but think carefully on the dual core. f you do a lot of multitasking and running multiple processor intensive applications than it is worth it but if not just the straight Anthalon might be a good investment, cheaper. I also did not see an OS don't forget with a 64 bit processor you need the 64 bit version of Window$ which is a bit more than the standard 32 bit
[/b]
I do a lot of multitasking, especially when i mix or create music. Back in my original days of SWG, i played SWG AND Jedi Knight multiplayer at the same time, minimizing out of each one. I'm planning on doing the same when it comes to WoW and i discover some longer flight paths. As for OS, the reason i don't have one listed is cause I can get it for free.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Merlyn @ Apr 11 2006, 06:06 AM) [snapback]69260[/snapback][/center]
water cooling FTW
[/b]
I know about water cooling, i just don't know how it works and where to find it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gomi @ Apr 11 2006, 06:25 AM) [snapback]69266[/snapback][/center]
get the 7900s

and check the corsair memeory made for that board
[/b]
The 7900s is 256MB, while the 7800gtx is 512MB. And i thought that motherboard peaked at PC3200?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Apr 11 2006, 11:22 PM) [snapback]69315[/snapback][/center]
I couldn't find a Dual 512MB video card on the market, so i resorted to this. And i don't think i'll have enouch PCI slots for two video cards, i think i've maxed them out with what i customized

The 7900s is 256MB, while the 7800gtx is 512MB. And i thought that motherboard peaked at PC3200?
[/b]
7900s are 512s
Corsair and ASUS

QUOTE(Pawe @ Apr 10 2006, 11:08 PM) *

To be quite honest I didn't even look at your specs. I believe I shall put my foot in my mouth and do so now. biggrin.gif

I couldn't find a Dual 512MB video card on the market, so i resorted to this. And i don't think i'll have enouch PCI slots for two video cards, i think i've maxed them out with what i customized[/b]

with running dual graphics cards (sli/crossfire) you are talking about pci express slots and not standard pci slots......your motherboard has these:

"# 2 x PCI-E (x16) with SLI support at full x16, x16 mode"

also there is such a thing as running two 512mb cards in SLI but i think that might be overkill lol

heres a useful link for different performance charts for different setups in SLI and just having a single card:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/graphics/charts.html

id have to agree with whoever was saying to get the corsair ram but also that case doesnt look like the greatest for your system from the looks of it. im biased but i recommend a lian li case especially if you plan on putting it together yourself - the build quality is excellent (well built generally, no sharp edges etc) and they stay very cool however they are quite expensive.

oh yeah also the response time for that monitor is especially high if you are expecting to play FPS games like battlefront on it. you will probably have a load of ghosting and such. try looking for one with a response time below 12ms at least. i personally have the samsung 930BF and have found it great

id also HIGHLY recommend getting a well known branded PSU like from Antec or Tagan as they are less prone to failures and if your psu goes then it can end up screwing your whole system.

if i think of anything else ill post it :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Apr 11 2006, 11:41 PM) [snapback]69329[/snapback][/center]
id have to agree with whoever was saying to get the corsair ram but also that case doesnt look like the greatest for your system from the looks of it. im biased but i recommend a lian li case especially if you plan on putting it together yourself - the build quality is excellent (well built generally, no sharp edges etc) and they stay very cool however they are quite expensive.

oh yeah also the response time for that monitor is especially high if you are expecting to play FPS games like battlefront on it. you will probably have a load of ghosting and such. try looking for one with a response time below 12ms at least. i personally have the samsung 930BF and have found it great

id also HIGHLY recommend getting a well known branded PSU like from Antec or Tagan as they are less prone to failures and if your psu goes then it can end up screwing your whole system.

if i think of anything else ill post it :p
[/b]
ROFL I have the same monitor
and nobodys PSU beat PC Power and Cooling hell they even have one that is 1KW

Back