Ms. Teen South Carolina

It is hard, but then add in the fact that the host and the person asking the question were celebrities and it adds an extra dimension of anxiety.
/agrees

I remember when I was watching Who wants to become a Millionaire. One can sit at home and know a lot of answers while the one being there seems dumb and like an airhead. I'm betting I'd get all off as well if I were to be sitting there on TV, with lots and lots of peeps watching...:huh::rolleyes:

(...)Not one answered correctly even though the name of the country was on the question.(...)

They could've answered incorrectly because...

1. They just said a wrong answer to get on TV, people love being on TV.

2. The show only aired people that got it wrong, because people who get it right are boring.

3. Having the name in the question misleads people into thinking it's a trick question, so they may just give some random answer.

I'm sure there's more things that could add to that, but that's a start.

As far as statistics, it is important to make sure the statistics aren't padded. If a survey says "9 out of 10 people own a car" then you better make sure they didn't only ask 10 people - who were at a car repair shop.

When I get statistics, that's great - but I like to know the source and how the information was obtained. Otherwise, it's as good as worthless to me.

Back