Life, the Universe, and everything

Tiveria

Sheeptastic!
Like 99% of you already know this, but it's easier just to come out and say it.

I'm not posting this because I'm looking for attention - I don't give a crap about that. I'm posting it because a lot of you are my friends and support. And this is the hardest few months I've had in awhile so I may be asking people for help from time to time. It's also hard to ask because I don't like asking for help.

I found out in the past couple of days that I have Type 2 Diabetes and that it's very serious in my case because my sugar levels are astronomicaly high.

For those of you that know me, I love sugar. I love startches. I've been told today that I can't eat any sugar. I have to cut it out completely. If I don't? vision loss, heart disease, problems with my feet, my kidneys, so many things could go wrong.

So. I need to be healthy. I may whine. I may cry. I may b*tch. All I'm asking is that the people I talk to just be there. Make me laugh, and be understanding if I go over the edge. Yell at me if I talk about having ice cream.

Thank you in advance for being my friends.

I feel for you...cutting sugar must be hard. But on a postive note maybe its like salt? I cut out fastfood and salty foods out of my diet and it was hard at first but now I cant even stomach the thought of eating something salty, makes me feel ill, which in turn keeps me from eating those types of food. Hopefully sugar will be like that, where after a while you wont really miss it...much :) I dont really know much about diabetes but are you able to eat natural sugars like fruit?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Edhina @ Feb 24 2006, 03:51 PM) [snapback]50039[/snapback][/center]
I feel for you...cutting sugar must be hard. But on a postive note maybe its like salt? I cut out fastfood and salty foods out of my diet and it was hard at first but now I cant even stomach the thought of eating something salty, makes me feel ill, which in turn keeps me from eating those types of food. Hopefully sugar will be like that, where after a while you wont really miss it...much :) I dont really know much about diabetes but are you able to eat natural sugars like fruit?
[/b]

Not sure yet. I have to go to a class to get a personal diet plan. I do know that some fruit sugars are okay, but not in large quantities. I can also have stuff like splenda, and other sweeteners. I think I may have to have some sugar alcohols, but again still learning.

And :hug: s to everyone.

Well, if you ever have a sugar craving, i guess you can rabidly suck or bite on your arm. You won't be adding any EXTRA sugar to your system, just reprocessing whats already there :p :lol:

watching a women going over the edge and support her? i think anyone with a wife, a girlfriend, or a mother will be able to be there.
just think about it, at least Diet Dr Pepper tastes almost the same!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Feb 24 2006, 04:03 PM) [snapback]50053[/snapback][/center]
watching a women going over the edge and support her? i think anyone with a wife, a girlfriend, or a mother will be able to be there.
just think about it, at least Diet Dr Pepper tastes almost the same!
[/b]

OMG...I just realized...I can't have the cherry lemonade at Ruby Tuesdays...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Feb 25 2006, 07:09 AM) [snapback]50059[/snapback][/center]
OMG...I just realized...I can't have the cherry lemonade at Ruby Tuesdays...
[/b]
but you can have water!!! :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Feb 25 2006, 07:54 AM) [snapback]50119[/snapback][/center]
:hug:

:sheep:
[/b]

I am sure you know the entire Wook family is behind you.

So you got Carpets, kitties, lovely twileks (~wink~ Ker-ri~), Shaggy.... Did I skipped someone?
Behind ya :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Feb 24 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]50134[/snapback][/center]
So you got Carpets, kitties, lovely twileks (~wink~ Ker-ri~), Shaggy.... Did I skipped someone?
Behind ya :)
[/b]

woot im a lovely twilek too right? or do I have to shoot you again artica! :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Feb 24 2006, 02:03 PM) [snapback]50137[/snapback][/center]
woot im a lovely twilek too right? or do I have to shoot you again artica! :p
[/b]
Nope you are a munched twilek just like JOE :lol:

Back