is limewire a good program?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Dec 29 2005, 07:40 AM) [snapback]18408[/snapback][/center]
The problem with paying a monthly fee for unlimited downloads is because the company then has to split it among the artists they've got contracts with. So if they've 100 customers at $17 a month, but have sold 10,000 songs - those songs are only worth $.20 per song. they are worth more than that!

[/b]
worth more? its a song tiv. and IMHO, 99% of music listened to the artist has nothing to do with! they dont write their lyrics or anything. Im sorry, but I refuse to pay directly for a song someone put no effort into. And what happend to making the music for 2 reason- the fans, and the love of music? NOT the love of money.
and the reason i download instead of buy cds is simple- on a cd w/ 12 track (btw, my fav bands have 15 at least, usually 17-20 songs), and out of 12, 3 are going to be made into singles. the other 9? filler songs to make a full album. Its just sad.
No offense or hard feelings to you tiv, and no jimbo, I dont think we are flaming, just expressing our opinions in a nonheated mannor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Dec 28 2005, 04:46 PM) [snapback]18414[/snapback][/center]
worth more? its a song tiv. and IMHO, 99% of music listened to the artist has nothing to do with! they dont write their lyrics or anything. Im sorry, but I refuse to pay directly for a song someone put no effort into. And what happend to making the music for 2 reason- the fans, and the love of music? NOT the love of money.
and the reason i download instead of buy cds is simple- on a cd w/ 12 track (btw, my fav bands have 15 at least, usually 17-20 songs), and out of 12, 3 are going to be made into singles. the other 9? filler songs to make a full album. Its just sad.
No offense or hard feelings to you tiv, and no jimbo, I dont think we are flaming, just expressing our opinions in a nonheated mannor
[/b]

Yeah I love Shaggz :D

It's a chain effect. We pay for the music. The company that sold us the music pays the artist. the artist pays the label, the musicians, the producers, the script-writers, the composers, etc.
And I dis-agree on the filler. Most of my favorite songs never make it to single status. Take the CD I've been listening to for a few days now - jewel.

My fav songs on it?
Always, Angels, Daddy, and Go Back to Bed.

None of which were ever heard mainstream. I rarely buy music from downloads because otherwise I'd miss out on the songs that don't go to singles.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Dec 29 2005, 07:51 AM) [snapback]18417[/snapback][/center]
My fav songs on it?
Always, Angels, Daddy, and Go Back to Bed.

None of which were ever heard mainstream. I rarely buy music from downloads because otherwise I'd miss out on the songs that don't go to singles.
[/b]
another sad but true fact- there are a few bands out there that put their hearts into it, like Jewel.
but then there is people like Britney spears, XTina, Backstreet Homos that have some talent then dont do anything, just sit there and have people hand everything to them.
OHHH and dont even get me started on these little fucks like Lin Lohan, and Ashley Simpson. give me a break!!

THATS RIGHT I HAVE A PENIS AND I LISTEN TO JEWEL TOO!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noahTHEpurdy @ Dec 29 2005, 08:01 AM) [snapback]18422[/snapback][/center]
Support the music, not the companies, download music, go to shows, but a t-shirt.
[/b]
try to sleep with a groupie by telling her you set up the mics for the band...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Dec 29 2005, 08:08 AM) [snapback]18427[/snapback][/center]
How about paying for them? I don't know how much I have payed in imports. :blink:
[/b]
ROFLMAO!! I thought you were talking about groupies still!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Dec 29 2005, 08:26 AM) [snapback]18438[/snapback][/center]
ROFLMAO!! I thought you were talking about groupies still!!!
[/b]

Groupies?!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Dec 29 2005, 08:27 AM) [snapback]18440[/snapback][/center]
Groupies?!
[/b]
very very loose women that follow bands all over for the only point of to have sexual relations with the band members

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Dec 29 2005, 08:31 AM) [snapback]18443[/snapback][/center]
very very loose women that follow bands all over for the only point of to have sexual relations with the band members
[/b]

I don't even go to concerts. :unsure:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Dec 28 2005, 03:34 PM) [snapback]18403[/snapback][/center]
my thing is, then why is dual tape vcrs, dvd burners, cd burners, etc legal if they are used for ilegal purposes? same thing with radar detectors, they are illegal to use (in some states. MN included- you are planning to commit a crime with it), but why are they still sold everywhere?
[/b]

all those items are legal because they have legal uses too...like backing up data, or copying your own work or work that you have rights to copy. same with radar detectors, you can plan to simply sit in your car and monitor the police movement. and with drug paraphinalia (sp?) it can also be used with legal tobacco.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noahTHEpurdy @ Dec 28 2005, 04:01 PM) [snapback]18422[/snapback][/center]
Support the music, not the companies, download music, go to shows, but a t-shirt.
[/b]

exactly.

record companies arent in it for the artist as they get the smallest slice of the cd sale dollar, if they could sell a series of computer bleeps and blips or the sound of white noise for a profit they will. incidently there is a company that sells a white noise machine to corporate america...

artists make the good money touring and merch, not by selling records.

Back